What does Sup Forums think of this?

What does Sup Forums think of this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cd2DI0nzeoU
youtube.com/watch?v=epZxUhCE5l8
youtube.com/watch?v=2S6eUFbOfIU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The part where he destroys the bathroom is the best part.

It's no 8 Crazy Nights

Hi Sup Forums here
I think is pretty good I liked it

This is one of the very few I haven't seen from PTA. I'm actually watching it tonight.

Incredible film.

The part where he beats the guys that run into his car is pretty good too. Sandlers best film tbqh

One of my favourite films. I like the way it isn't played as some kind of fairytale despite the idealistic ending for Sandler's character. as Watson is portrayed basically to be as crazy as he is. So it's kind of nice to see they have a kind of dysfunctional relationship that just works because they're both fucked up. Beautiful soundtrack as well, I enjoy the hectic and weird tones used during some of Sandler's kind of breakdowns. Awesome performance by PSH as usual, a shame we won't see him in anything like this anymore.

Best movie Adam Sandler's been in.

Sup Forums considers it excellent cinema.

It's hard to compare two cinematic masterpieces.

It's incredible. I love it so much.

The dinner party scene gives me anxiety.

honestly what is the point of this image?

So, did he have autism?

A guide for people who want to become patrician.

Dont speak for me, friend

At first I thought it was pretty good, but the rape scene really just comes out of nowhere and ruins the tone for the rest of the film.

I never would have imagined liking it, but Sandler plays the part well and the movie is genuinely uncomfortable to watch at times. It gets under your skin.

Excellent cinematography, good acting from Sandler, the story/narrative is kinda weak though.

Literally me:the character

Jack and FKING jill? Really?

Where can I download it I can only find shitty mkv

This movie bothered me.

Is Sandler actually capable of being a decent actor or was this a fluke or...

Holy shit, what? I don't remember that

PTA's best movie, definitely has the most soul

If you don't think TWBB is his best movie youre a pleb

I'm unsure if this is sarcasm or not, but I'd actually say it's worse than PDL.

maybe i just went into PDL with really low expectations

It's not even top 3. There Will Be Blood, Boogie Nights, and The Master are all much better films.

only if you think substance makes a movie

If I was being sarcastic you would know

Maybe you didn't see it in cinemas but even that's not an excuse.as great as pdl is ,TWBB is a masterpiece and one of the best films of the decade.

>only if you think substance makes a movie

You know who makes great movies when you remove substance as a criteria? Michael Bay.

Easily Sandlers best performance

Well if we're talking about style over substance then the master and there will be blood make PDL look like student films

the sound design in that scene is insane. And the confrontation with the manager afterwards is the greatest.

>sir, I'm going to crack your fucking head open

Magnolia was the best and you can all eat me.

Its a movie about Superman, his suit is his uniform, he is in love with Lois Lane.

He has superhuman strength but he keeps it under control for obvious reasons, also he is not autistic, he cant relate because he is a fucking alien.

Matress Man is his nemesis ala Lex Luthor.

The musical instrument represents his heart, by the end of the movie he fixes it.

Its the most capekino and people dont even know.

Literally nothing happens the movie

Why does every funny comedian have their serious movie and then not become funny anymore? This, Stranger Than Fiction, Truman Show, the list goes on.

the role he plays isn't necessarily demanding. sandler just plays a detached, weirdo manchild well. the fact is if this character was placed in an normal adam sandler movie it wouldn't be all that odd.

Emily Watson is suspiciously hot in this movie compared to everything else she's been in

I will beat the hell from you.

>Boogie Nights
Nah, I'd give you the other two if we're making a top 3 PTA films list, but Boogie Nights just isn't his. It's him as a young filmmaker trying to imitate Scorsese.
Does a fine job, but I like PTA better when he's doing a PTA film, like Punch Drunk Love.

She was pretty dank in Red Dragon, dem juicy tits.

Maybe actors want to try new things once in a while. You know, like regular people.

I think that's why his performance is so notable, though. It wasn't like he did something he wasn't known for, someone made a movie that let him do the thing he's known for in a way that no one expected.

why is their serious movie always their best one?

I think I can fairly speak for all of Sup Forums when I say, it was a good movie and a good career choice for that bitch nigger, Adam Sandler.

PTA said he wanted to make a Adam Sandler movie and everyone literally laughed at him thinking it was a joke.Funny enough its a classic style of Adam Sandler in the film,only Paul made it work better then Sandler ever could.

Also a lot of famous comedians make fantastic serious actors.i think lots of them have serious emotional depth that some drama actors could never reach

Sometimes it actually hurts to watch

too close to home

youtube.com/watch?v=cd2DI0nzeoU

Listen with headphones while watching this. Aural splendor

what kind of inner pain drives a man to a career of making others laugh?

Do you have autistic freak outs?

Tell me more

Boogie Nights is better than most Scorsese movies.

>Also a lot of famous comedians make fantastic serious actors.i think lots of them have serious emotional depth that some drama actors could never reach

i agree

Thanks for posting this. This scene is such a good moment of the movie. In any other Sandler movie he could have laughed about the gayboy thing, but in this scene every time someone says it it just makes you wince.

Robin Williams was perfect example of this.

Bullshit. Zach Galifinakis has Visioneers and is still hilarious. Not only that, he also has Baskets going on and that's a straight up perfect show so far, kino as fuck.

Damm

I have a friend who says the same thing. I like Magnolia, just not as much as the other 3 films I listed.

My brother did. I was the quiet loner kid, he was the autistic manchild. He would on a monthly basis in middle school and probably a weekly basis in high school sperg out, though he never did it at school or in public, only with the family. He punched a wall, he put his hand against my dad's throat for literally nothing, he cried all the fucking time, there were more than a few public embarrassment instances at restaurants and movie theaters and shit.

And now he's engaged and doing pretty well for himself while I'm a stoned depressed loner. There's a lesson in there somewhere I'm not really sure where

I think Robin Williams was destined to be good, being a Juilliard trained actor. Someone like Tom Hanks though.

What was the point of no return with Sandler for you?
I was a defender until pic related, part because I knew what he was capable of in films like Punch Drunk Love, part because he'd always been a guilty pleasure of mine. But with Grown Ups, It was so blatantly obvious you were just watching a paid vacation for him and his friends, loaded with so much product placement I felt like I was cheated out o residuals for having sat trough all of it.
IIRC he's even admitted to this on a talk show a few years back, that he was originally going to retire but as long as he and his buds can fool around together in nice or exotic locations and get paid millions for it, he's going to put in the minimal effort and enjoy himself.

I wouldn't be surprised if people said to PTA ,can you make a good Adam Sandler film as a challenge? and he actually did it..the mad man

But not as good as his best.
Like I said, a very good imitation, which is impressive in itself, especially considering how young PTA was when he made it. But it's not a great "Paul Thomas Anderson" movie, even at his most "Altman" (his biggest muse), he's more genuine in the auteur sense than when he made Boogie Nights.

You'd think, but in interviews PTA came of as a genuine fan of Adam Sandler, and the two had reportedly been on friendly terms for years before making the film.

what a terrible chart

Some of his early films are good

He's definitely a Chaplin of sorts. [Spoiler]click actually hit me in the feels

I hate Adam Sandler for Punch Drunk Love. It is among the most beautiful performances I've ever seen in my entire life and then he wastes the rest of his career right down the fucking toilet. It proves he has talent, that's why I hate him for it. He isn't just some idiot who got lucky, he's a real fucking legitimate artist and he's decided to throw his entire career away for a fucking paycheck

I thought Funny People was good and kind of showed how he really felt about his career.

Better men have done the same

Look at Pacino and De Niro now

youtube.com/watch?v=epZxUhCE5l8
youtube.com/watch?v=2S6eUFbOfIU

>Burn this
actually pretty funny tbqhf

My, what a large nose you have

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

You'd agree with my dad. It happens that I haven't seen this PTA kino (on a long back-burner of life-tasks) but I've only ever heard good things and grudging resepct for Sandler's performance from people who normally (rightfully) hate him.

I do like some early Sandler movies becuase it (him) wasn't done-to-death by that point, and they have some redeeming goofy lines (esp billy madison), but I also got sick of seeing the prick in advertisements over the years, and I never much cared for him to begin with. But surprise surprise, he's filthy stinking rich for doing his banality. Dad especially always hated him.

And yet even dad saw this kino, and came to the consensus opinion "I've always hated him, and never found him funny, but that was a great movie and he did a great job in it. I didn't know he had it in him." --- or words to that effect.

Magnolia was a vehicle for excellent performances and little else.

The format had been done better with "Short Cuts" a few years earlier.

"Oh, cake. We have a cake."

No wonder he turned out like that with these inhuman shitbags for a family.

To piss off the people that know Lord of War, OGF, Deathproof, and Barry Lindon, amongst several others, don't belong on the same list as shit like Django and the Hobbit trilogy.

Also, to royally piss off Pacific Rim-fags.

Amen, brother

Yeah, I've heard him say in interviews how he used to watch Billy Madison/Happy Gilmore-era Sandler movies all the time. He loved how Sandler always has those explosions of rage in all of his movies, which brought us Barry Egan.

That's pretty accurate. I think of Magnolia as an interesting but ultimately failed experiment. Definitely worth a watch though.

Would love a movie about TJ Mackie alone though.

I don't mind Jews who don't try to hide their jewiness. It's not like he changed his name and got a nose job.

You started posting on Sup Forums and he didn't.

There will be Blood > The Master > Magnolia > PDL > Boogie Nights > Inherent Vice > Hard eight

Even in this shitshow, Al's delivery is top notch.

no he posts

I think it's because he takes SSRIs and I smoke weed

Good list

>Definately worth a watch
absolutely. As said, the performances (and I'd add dialogues) are out of this world.

Was thinking that "Crash" [2000] is another "sprawling, interconnecting" thing, as with Short Cuts, but if anyone knows old films than 1991 that are constructed that way, I'd love to hear it.

>TJ Mackie alone
..no.
do he tube-sock his underwear?

well that's fucking depressing
at least you're not a virgin right?