Lookin to get a high end piece. What do you anons recommend?

Lookin to get a high end piece. What do you anons recommend?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=10lwjnAFstM
youtube.com/watch?v=utYgM4ChnG8
instagram.com/voxglass/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cant go wrong with SYN. Not too known so its cheap and high quality glass.

get a vape

why? what are the pros opposed to using a glass bong?

Get something with as few glass to glass connections as possible. The piece you posted is not good quality glassware, btw. There is absolutely no reason for a honeycomb perc to be used ever, they get clogged quite quickly and are difficult to clean.

Get a piece that has about half your lung capacity in volume dry. Avoid pieces with downstems and superfluous adapters. Get something with an ice catch and at least 1 perc, no honeycomb or palmtree percs. Both are indicators of shoddy glassblowers.

Make sure the bowl connection is a decent size, think about how big the tubes are. What makes a smooth hit isn't percs or size, it's compression. You want a medium level of compression to keep the hit from staying too hot or moving too quickly through the piece.

neither of those production lines are what anybody would consider "high end" fyi

Get a tabletop vape AND a bong, pass the vapor through the bong and experience the smoothness.

Anything by TAG is really dependable

The pic i posted is a fritted disk, not a honeycomb but, i hear what you're saying. So exactly what piece do you recommend?

So whats "high end" in your spectrum?

something like this

WTF ?

Not that user but usually I really like tree percs on my bong. Have to make sure the tree arms are either connected to each other or connected to the bong though because the slightest tap on your bong could shatter the arms and even one arm renders the perc useless. It's happened to 2 of my previous bongs. Don't go any lower than 7mm glass and this is personal preference but I usually prefer to have an 18mm connection rather than a 14mm

yes precisely. even better that I know exactly where it is sitting right now, I have held it in my hands, and I would really like to own it. Maybe I will talk the owner down on the asking price considering it is older than a decade now..

Can you post a pic of one you recommend. I was of the mind set that tree percs were pretty much outdated,hard to clean, and broke to easily and theres much better percs out there.

Follow @flychillionaire

Don't listen to these fucks Get a Mobius with a matrix perc PERIOD

also recommending TAG. It's good stuff.

>Honeycomb percs clog and are hard to clean.
Clog quickly? It depends on the brand. That piece of shit OP posted is probably gonna clog easily, but mine's pretty high end and I only see it clog after 4 or 5 sessions, but by that point I'm ready to clean it anyways. Which brings me to my next point.
>Hard to clean.
It's called acetone and salt. A 30 second bath and rinse with warm water does miracles.

As long as you're not super impatient then cleaning shouldn't be an issue. Most percs are kind of difficult to clean no matter what they are honestly so if you're looking for an easy time cleaning then I'd suggest a straight shoot styled beaker. Will look for examples of connected tree arms

Third for Thick Ass Glass.

What percs do you recommend? I'm not a fan of palm tree but I've always had a thing for honeycomb.

Roor might be a little cliche as a recommendation, but I'll recommend it anyways. It's expensive, even for the basic stuff, but it's some of the best glass I've ever smoked from. I've had mine for a year now and I love it.

Also if you can find stuff from a brand called High Up, I would recommend that too.

Pic related has been a very reliable little travel bong.

oh man i love that bowl. shits beautiful!

So for this one it's kind of hard to see but at the bottom of the tree arm you can see a tiny little glob of glass that connects the two arms. This makes all of the arms a whole unit so that if you'd tapped the outside of the bong and it started to vibrate, the arms would have a significantly higher chance of not shattering. Sometimes you can find a tree perc where there isn't a glob of glass between all of the arms but there are a lot of arms for the perc and they're all connected together at the entire sides of each arm

where the rosinbois?

My ex best bud was a a big time dealer and he used a super expensive piece with a double griddle perc.

Vid related. youtube.com/watch?v=10lwjnAFstM

He swears by the griddle perc, and I mean fuck, it has to clog and dirty up just as easily as a honeycomb, so what?

A already have a double honeycomb 18" 7mm bong. Clean that shit every couple days fuckwad. Lookin for my next one nd tryin to get some advice from people who have a bit more knowledge than me.

There is also this case where I think for this one, the arms go all the way down to the bottom of their area and basically connect to the base of the perc chamber so they're initially connected directly to the whole piece. I believe this may be the trustiest tree perc setup to get but if you can get the arms that connect to each other completely by their sides and to the base of the perc chamber then you'd be golden. Just taking a last check at the picture before posting I'd noticed that these ones don't connect to the bottom of the perc chamber but I do think they're all connected at the sides

youtube.com/watch?v=utYgM4ChnG8
>related

I was looking at pic related. It was on sale for 71 dollars today. The branches are connected to the base of the perc, but I don't know, it still looks unstable, and I don't know anything about Black Leaf.

If I wanted a bong with a a fragile as shit looking perc, I can get a 12 inch double ufo perc for 40 dollars are the smoke shop near me. It looks cheap as hell, but at least I know I didn't lose much if it broke.

Something from VOX
instagram.com/voxglass/

71 is a lot for a mid tier piece like that

Pretty, but it looks fragile and impractical.

Volcano
Don't get a rooster
They're good but a cunt to clean and maintain

It was 100 before the sale. But I think the website was Grass City, so the markups are expected to be terrible. I'd never actually pay that price for a bong like that anyways.

where the fuck are you buying glass?

cheap chinese wholesale places are where i got my pieces like this.

2017 and this thread is adorable btw. also part of the reason why the price of glass is so fucking funky right now

Literally everything
Smoking is so inferior to vaping it's not even funny

Volcano? Never heard of them. what kind of perc do they use?

Glass is fragile
His pieces are very practical actually. The moche bottles design prevents water from splashing up to your mouth and his percs have the perfect pull. They're perfect for oil but are good for flowers too

Yeah but you take a big risk with those sites. My local shop sells that shit. I see people trying to return their product so much that they quit taking returns.

Go with bio or grav labs

It's a cheap overpriced piece from China

Inlines are fun, trees, birdcages, really anything that creates a lot of bubbles (percolates)

no headshop takes returns because they're aware that they're selling shit glass. buying on those sites, at least it's cheap

I'm completely an idiot to vapes and dont feel like researching them. Exactly which one do you recommend for me? I only smoke flower no oils nd shit

>Glass is fragile
actually properly annealed boro is sturdy as hell

you must be going to the wrong headshops

>"functional art" that preforms worse than production pieces
Things I'll never understand for $500 Alex

Head shops don't take returns because they can't have dirty glass in the shop. They would get shut down in most states.

What I meant from being connected to this base is that the arms are longer and stick to the little platform underneath. Those arms are only connected to the tube that the smoke comes through and will shatter if there is any vibration on the bong from a minimal tap or something

Of course, and the glass I showed him is properly annealed borosilicate.

garbage thread. only thing worth buying is 9mm glass from HVY/MIO

Woah creepy got same pieces and swear by both as well

Grav Labs, Stax, or Mobius if you've got the coin. All good starters in top tier.

Honestly OP if I were you, I'd go to your local festival on 4/20 and checkout the glass booths. If you can pick out some decent enough glass that you can take good care of you can get anything for really cheap

Try blowing glass and you'll quickly know the difference

if it gets you high it gets you high.. you have deluded yourself into thinking that you are getting a "proper high" believe me I have been smoking high quality hash for years

I collect art.. the fact that it doubles as a tool I can get high with is what you might call an "added bonus" also you don't have to understand it, so don't brink Trebek into this

You have divine taste in glass than my friend!

Perks are for fags

Grav is meh

Just stop breathing you hipster

*Flips long blonde hair*

Volcano if you want to stay a noob and have something that gets you rekt every time
.5 g bowl gives you 4-6 thick ass bags depending on temp.and bud

>implying I use glass
I'm just talking about in general

lmaoing at ur life right now

>not a Buddha
Come back later when you have some better equipment friend

HISsssss...sssssssssssssss

Dirty casual get out of my lobby, my thread, my cave, MY STINK

>proper high
I've used Vapes for the past 5 years
My most recent acquisition was a volcano 3 years ago

>Kid trys to hisss...
>Get a royal anal pounding

Looking to buy an herbal vape but I have no idea what to look for, though I know I'd like it to be portable and be able to smoke dry herb, not thc oil or some shit. Any suggestions for around $200?

Buddha
Stay poor kid
I've tried a buddha and is was shit

i started off with a flowermate v5. people may shit on it, and i agree, it isn't the best, but its only around 80, and a good place to start.

Just picked up this piece from the local shop. I am aware that it's going to be a real bitch to clean, but the gal told me roor made good glass. Cleaning has never really been a problem for me to be honest. I just want something I can trust.

Try again dipshit

scchm0kke

Portable or desktop?
New or used?
Good warranty or meh?

I'll definitely check that out. Do you know if it's pretty durable? like will that shit break after a few uses

If ur willing to wait go to DHgate it got good discounts from overseas

Portable for sure
New would be preferable
And a warranty would be great, I hear they don't last too long.
Something that can get me up in the sky without having a constant fear of it breaking would be great

had mine for about a year and a half, only lost it because it got stepped on hard. would recommend.

There's an Atmos Jr. for 22 dollars. It seems to get decent ratings. People say it's not good for flower, though it can be used for it. It was made for oil and waxes and seems to do a great job at that.

Would you recommend?

Ight I'm biased af but (Reddit mod)
For portable I'd roll mflb plus accessories (I'd pick up a used unit off r/entexchange BC lifetime warranty)
I've used several other portable Vapes and honestly none of them worked quite like the box does
There is a bit of a learning curve to it but there's so many great resources out now that it's nbfd
The biggest problem with mf is getting the almost necessary accessories is expensive but worth it overall

instagram #glassforsale or borobook

sschhm000kee

if people say that it was made for oils and waxes, you should probably use it for oils and waxes.

See
BC I was cross-faded af and didn't read ur first post carefully

hate to break it to ya but, thats a fake roor. hopefully you didnt pay a premium for that

Accessories? like coils n shit?
Warranties seem to be a huge factor in buying these it looks like

No BC don't put bud in an oil rig
Oil set ups tend to run hotter than flower and thus cause combustion which is bad tasting and very dirty

my fucking nigga, I vape through a bong daily

What gives it away? Honestly I'd never be able to tell the difference.

I payed about 80 bucks. And the shop I got it from sold me my last bong and pipe, which I've had both for a long time time, and it's served me well. I never figured I had a reason to distrust them.

ow it burns..

Nah
They have a special grinder and a power adapter (read continuous wall and car power supply) that are basically must haves
Everything else comes down to preference and wallet size

If you're really interested check out the r/mflb sidebar
The mflb user guide gives an excellent breakdown of the use of it
ADHDABE's product reviews gives a good break down of their original lineup (circa 2015). They've added new weird items he hasn't covered due to inactivity but all the main accessories should be covere.

I disagree. Honeycombs are pretty awesome. My friend has a 9 honeycomb perc bong, and you don't even feel the smoke until you blow it out.

buy a one hitter and spend the rest on weed.

You literally can't find a better warranty than magic flight
Lifetime no questions (outside intentional self damage and loosing the item)
I've had dogs chew up things and warranty them no issues

The lack of labels gives it away for me (not the guy)

Dh gate

40 dollars, I have one and never looked back. Kicks any of these bongs asses.

>9

Jesus what does he have like 3 double perc attachments hooked onto a bong with a double?

I heard too much of that causes bad drag,