What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zVqFAMOtwaI
youtube.com/watch?v=1j7YRVsH2OM
youtube.com/watch?v=lihimTMXT64
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

r*ddit

I remember one gag had him be cured of diabetes that he didn't know he had.

Screencap this for when he actually gets diabetes.

He built his career by riding the coat tails of James Rolfe and is now paying by price by sinking further and further into irrelevance.

His parents didnt space out his vaccinations

He looks so unnatural without shitty facial hair

you grew up

He got a big head, and forgot that he is a dude who makes money by showing thirty minutes versions of movies. (Stealing them) and talking over the parts he doesn't show, he also makes comments of the most basic and obvious thoughts he has. Fuck him he should get sued and have his "reviews" removed

TV Tropes won't stop sucking his cock

DAILY REMINDER THAT HE OWES EVERYTHING HE HAS TO JAMES.

SELLS OUT TO SJW/BRONIES/AUTISTS.

WHEN THEY ATTACKED JAMES HE DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING, NO SUPPORT, NOTHING.

COULD'VE SAVED ALL THOSE AUTISTS/TUMBLRINAS FROM HARASSING JAMES AND HIS FAMILY.

He's somehow even more unlikable now.

>love batman & robin, street fighter and super Mario as a kid
>watch nc when he first starting making videos in 2008
>go through the "wow these movies are worse than cancer XD" phase
>years later
>watch batman and robin as a joke with my friends
>remember how based it really is
>watch street fighter again
>want to kick nc's ass so hard for shit taking sf that the next nc wannabe is going to feel it
I was legitimately pissed at how he shit on the mortal kombat movie back then though. That is undisputed kino

He looks exactly the same with or without facial hair, which is weird.

>NC is only interesting when he has a movie that's easy to pick on

Yeah that's literally him in a nutshell. Have you seen him try to be funny OUT of character? It's fucking cringe.

Always thought him and his fans were megaautists. Still do.

His audience grew up and realized his shtick was shitty.
His style of "reviewing" was imitated to the point it's overly saturated (and it was never good in the first place).
Demo Reel failed but he's still trying to do it as the Nostalgia Critic because NC is the only profitable show on TGWTG .
And the skits he does ruin any potential for comedy in his current "reviews".

His "reviews" are borderline copy write infringement because they contain scene by scene deconstructions with huge amounts of footage. His claim to "fair use" is probably the weakest of all the internet personalities.

I wish these guys would just stick to what made them popular.
Just do a silly movie review.
Nobody wants all these shitty high school production theatrics.

aww doge's fans are really kind to buy his worthless shit just to help on since times are hard

I feel embarassed that I used to watch him and actually consider him a credible reviewer.
After I started watching his current material and saw how shitty he was I went back to the other reviews to see what went wrong.
And I saw that the reason why the old reviews are better is solely because he didn't have a budget or crew to work with and just kept focusing on the jokes. And even then the jokes are shitty and the memes too fucking forced.
I can't even put his videos as background noise anymore.

If you post anything regularly enough online you can build up a dedicated audience of sycophants who will let you rip them off in every way imaginable forever.

This stuff isn't even that impressive. Just look up some of the stuff the artist behind Megatokyo shilled off onto his readers and how much they paid for it. This one alone (mechanical pencil on xerox paper) sold for over 3 grand.

He has no claim to fair use. He provides commentated abridged versions of other people's intellectual property for profit.

youtube.com/watch?v=zVqFAMOtwaI

kek his most embarrassing vid, and that's saying something.

>it's a "Slowbeef and Diabetus rips Doug Walker a new asshole" episode

youtube.com/watch?v=1j7YRVsH2OM

youtube.com/watch?v=lihimTMXT64

His incompetence

He tried to break out of this tired and dying format of "angry reviewer" with Demo Reel and utterly failed. He is literally just going through the motions now because he realized that this is all he is capable of doing.

It failed because he's literally unfunny, untalented at writing or performing (doing shitty impersonations isn't good enough), and he literally has no idea how to cater to his audience.

As someone said ITT unless he's ripping on an easy target movie he's trash.

>thread has me thinking back to the late 00's/early 10's when NC was entertaining
>now you have me thinking back to the late 00's/early 10's when Retsupurae was entertaining

Their fall from grace was nowhere near as that of Doug though.

They just became kinda cucky, pseudo-SJW types, with a sparse uploading schedule. It happens.

Doug became a full-blown cuck, shelling out unwatchable drivel by the boatloads.

Its better to burn out than to fade away.

Like he's been relevant enough

The short answer for why Retsu went downhill is that they both just literally grew up and treat it as a hobby now.

Douge is forever doomed to be NC till his dying days.

He doesn't know anything about anything. Remember that he spoke to you in your "wow these movies are worse than cancer XD" phase while in his fucking LATE TWENTIES / EARLY THIRTIES.

He's a complete idiot. He literally didn't understand the premise of Last Action Hero and spent a 25 minute review humiliating himself by nitpicking it.

If you think that's bad, don't watch his sibling rivalry video on GB.
>Liked the movie
>Said nothing about James being attacked
>Goes on a 5 min rant that people who hated it because women, are neets living in their mom's basement jerking off to Avatar
>20 second comment about women complaining on tumblr

Fuck you Doug you cunt

The real question is what went right? How did someone so devoid of talent ever get so popular in the first place?

James Rolfe. Douge begged him to play along with the fake feud and James was too nice to say no.

Weirdly enough just watched this for creamy douche chills
>mfw Rob emulates Chris Chan at the end

>mfw Rob emulates Chris Chan at the end
if he didn't poop his pants I don't care

Damn, you got me remembering when I was sixteen and looking forward to his weekly reviews. The ones without skits (usually under 20 min) were comfy as fuck.

if they're bros shouldn't he be saying "Mamma Nostra"?

Wow that's fucking low, guy probably has convinced himself he got any shred of popularity without James. Fucking James is too good for this world, nicest e-celeb out there and people just shit on him.

Douge was never good.

ah how fickle this board is, I remember not six months ago when everyone called him a cuck and had a broken baby and how shit his movie is and what a and SJW cunt his wife is and how burnt out he seemed but now everybody loves him unquestionably again.

Sadly, it was just the Captain's Log glasses whip

I heard the "CEO" of Channel Awesome is a complete retard

I never called him a cuck, though his movie didn't really do it for me, not as much because of the ending but mostly because you could clearly tell where re-writes occurred, movie just flowed poorly. I look forward to James finally making a horror movie sometime in the next couple years.

Everything

He isn't man, but ugly hysterical homo-trap

He may be a retard, but he got Douge to sign away the Nostalgia Critic character to him.

He doesn't even own NC? That's hilarious.

he got cucked by an sjw