Why does everyone harold The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of time as a masterpiece...

Why does everyone harold The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of time as a masterpiece? I recently found my old N64 as well as a box of games and thinking that it would great to relive my childhood memories I played the game, and it was just mediocre, not good but not bad either.

What happened Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=duPynkGEFGI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=duPynkGEFGI

go play your call of duty: ghosts

It was excellent. Everything gets old, especially for how long the game has been out. Growing up is what happened, retard.

Well linked....
O shi.......

I think I will!

Psh, what other Zelda games have you played and name some n64 games that are better

Every legend of Zelda game except for the ones on CDI.

the controls fucking suck and there is too much dialogue

First zelda in 3D.
Big ass world for the time.
Side quests. Horses.
Good musics.

There are plenty of reasons this game is fondly remembered, it was one of the top games of its time.

Now you look at it and your nostalgia glasses just can't. You've been subjected to many better looking games since, with better mechanics, so this 15 year old game looks bad.

But in its time, it was a masterpiece.

This. Only nostalgic faggots claim it's the best Zelda ever, but you're a fool if you can't see why so many people like it.

Games have evolved fast. Way faster than music or even movies. Everything from graphics to controls to story has gotten exponentially better the past 20 years, and will continue to do so. 20 years from now The Witcher 3 will be shit too. That's a good thing. Means we're getting better.

For its time, it was a masterpiece.

You gotta get that cow in your apartment. Then you get free milk.

This one was better

links awakening masterrace

Protip: It never was that great. A link to the past was the best of the series...

We can debate if it was the best zelda on its launch date, but the best ever is stupid indeed. We've got litteral decade of progress on graphics, narration, user interface, sound quality and every little thing that makes it straight impossible for a game this old to compare to modern games.

Majora's Mask is superior

More interesting setting, unique mechanics, environments, items, main antagonist, side quests, etc etc.

>Why does everyone harold

What?

Nostalgia. It was the best thing at the time of its release. It's aged like dog shit though

Not that user, but I did enjoy Wind Waker more than Ocarina. It used pretty much the exact same control system, just more refined.
Both were masterpieces of their time, but I think Wind Waker pushed the limits a little more than Ocarina. There's just SO MUCH to do on the Great Sea.

Same. I think WW was superior and happens to be my favorite Zelda

It did not age well, link to the past is better anyways.

Loved ocarina, hated majora.
But it's only my opinion

Prove that this isn't the best Zelda game

protip: you can't

We all know that Twilight Princess is the best Legend Of Zelda game.

I'm curious on why you think that.

Seasons/Ages is my favorite, but I'm playing Wind Waker with my 6-year-old and I gotta say it's satisfying seeing her get amazed at it, and feel so smug when she figures out a puzzle.

YES! Seasons and Ages was so good. I had played through ages on my GBA back in the day.

>Harold
jesus man, how about we learn English before we just start shitposting everywhere?

I'm in a similar boat.

MM restarting the day over and over, buying arrows and bombs over and over because of it was annoying...interesting story and still worth the play tho

N64 and PS1 games don't age as well as a lot of stuff before and after. That whole awkward phase of figuring out 3d made for really clunky shit that was revolutionary at the time

+1

Probably the dark mood of the game and the time-rewind mechanic that didn't click with me at the time.
I probably should give it another chance now that I'm older

The disc in the pivture is the best zelda, you cant deny it

right? summerfags coming in mighty early

What the fuck?

Kys faggot

Because this was better

It has attractive characters item with simple gameplay good atomosphere and story that makes sense.

It's amazing how difficult it is for liberals to create attractive characters with a cohesive story even thought he budget for their games are in the millions.

This is why Sup Forums sucks

Herald

I hope you get fucking gassed you little shit. I hope you go through thr same pain

Hahaahhahaha

whats it say in chinese there? "me likey cat soup!!" ?

maybe cuz ur 13 and don't belong here put ur dads n64 back faggot

Nigga what the fuck are you talking about?

That doesn't look all that painful. Looks like he killed the kitten in one shot. Still dispicable.

Kek

Grow a pair newfags

Nvm he cut off it's ear and shit.

Look closer, he cut its tail off, other parts of its body first.

Who do you think you are fooling?

Im sorry that Im not a fucking psycho

who the fuck says "me likey" to mock asians anymore? are you 80 or 8?

Actually, Wind Waker is only 4 years younger than OoT, but the leap between the two games is gigantic in terms of mecanics and graphics when you think about it. OoT on N64 got old by now, but I don't think WW on GC hasn't, and probably won't get old in 4 years. The remake on Wii U was completely unnecessary. Maybe this game is actually the true masterpiece of the Zelda series.

88?

it's ok bbg that bad man is prolly far far away from you

Listen newfag, unless youve been here since '98 like me, you cant say shit

But I don't think WW has*

Fuck off m8

/thread

Never really got into zelda. I'd say one of the Game Boy ones is my favorite but not necassarily the best.

That looks fucking disgraceful

Right? Right?
Complaining about summer is the problem of summer.
>Implying b is ever good
Ppptptptppppptpptth

Some games age like shit. You know how everyone says Goldeneye was the best thing ever? Go play it now, its aged about as well as dog shit

Samefag

try again faggot

i know i hurt ur feelings go cry now

The level design and music in zelda ages like wine

Where do you get the time to do this kind of shit?

*herald

You grew up, asshole. Tastes change, novelty wears off.
>what happened?
What happened to the theory that people get smarter with age? I guess you've disproved it.

Gb2/v/ man child. All zelda games are dogshit.

Its cause youre a gayboi
Oot is god tier

ya what this guy said, ill say what ever i want you chink

So you're just shitposting for fun, or what? I didn't even ask a (non hypothetical) question or convey an opinion.
Go ahead and let it out. I'm here for you if you want to talk, faggot. What's really bothering you?

Isn't that a Sup Forums type opinion?

So much samefagging in this thread.
SAGE

Jesus, I thought the original user was retarded and misplacing their anger, but you take the retard cake.
Yes it is.
That's what they were saying.
But I go on /vg/ and I wouldn't really know, either.

You have to point out the samefags. So that they can screenshot your post and prove you wrong.

Like what happens every other time someone cries samefag.

HOLY FUCK IM RETARDED IM SORRY
Im gonna put the tablet down and have some of this cake I found.

Actually I thought the original dude's opinion, although blunt, was perfectly reasonable (minus the insults anyways). People DO grow up and people's opinions DO change.

While saying "all zelda games are dogshit" just screams Sup Forums faggotry.

Because it already wasn't the one masterpiece of the series.
The real #1, considering the level of technology at the time, is/was Zelda: A Link to the Past
for its soundtrack as well as for the game play.

They were never some amazing series.

The only zelda game that I thought was amazing was Wind Waker. That's some good shit. Ocarina of time has a sweet story but it's limited by the hardware it was made for. At the time it was made it was revolutionary, though.

Like some other anons have said, it's probably just nostalgia vision making you remember it as better than it was.

Think about the original Zelda game on the nes.

It was fucking great in its time, but now we have games you can download on phones that surpass it.

Nostalgia is good until you actually revisit something, then the illusion is gone.

Oooh man my sides

>harold
It's not even the best Zelda game. That honor belongs to A Link to the Past.

Back in the mid to late 90's the release of Nintendo franchises on N64 was revolutionary because it saw nearly all of their NES and SNES classics not only successfully make the jump to 3D but to do so with critical acclaim and high sales. Ocarina of Time, Pokemon red and Blue, and Mario 64 were games that my generation of gamers played and talked about during recess or on bus rides to middle school. The only other game that came close at my school was Nokia's snake, because we all had emergency dialers just in case we got kidnapped at our ghetto ass school. For me, Ocarina of Time holds up, but only because OoT and Wind Waker are the only Zelda games I've played. I didn't sour myself with TwiPri or skyward sword, so OoT hasn't been beat to death with repetition.

that's my 2 rupees

Context, faggot. Of course games have gotten much larger and complex since then - it happens. For its time, OOT was nothing short of a masterpiece.

OoT is still the greatest

you are just a pleb

Same applies to movies, it's called GETTING OLD, duh

Loved the game. Thought the whole 'it was just a dream' thing was kind of a kick in the balls though.