Thoughts on the new Dean blunt album?

Thoughts on the new Dean blunt album?
residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=38708

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/hiphopheads/comments/5n749z/album_of_the_year_2016_9_babyfather_bbf_hosted_by/
soundcloud.com/urbansocialmedialounge/as-long-as-ropes-unravel-fake-rolex-will-travel
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You beat me to making a thread. Really nice surprise release from him, it's like the smooth 2017 downtempo R&B I didn't know I was looking for. 6.5-7/10ish on this—what I'm calling—EP.

it's great, its really relaxing.

he proved finally hes not a hack that relies on samples.
great direction from him

double trips confirm 7/10 then I guess

didn't know he dropped it.

currently listening to it now and so far it's good.

Some of his best stuff isn't sample-based (Black is Beautiful, the original Skin Fade mix, One Nation). Even The Redeemer only a handful are sample-based.

this beautiful release comes out of nowhere, meanwhile the rest of this board is busy shitposting about Kendrick Lamar and Doctor John Misty

when i heard that piece 8 minutes in on untitled unmastered unheard unplanned unfinished unrehearsed un.. i knew we were in for something good next time he dropped something

this sounds like a retirement album almost, so peaceful
dean must be just chillin w his weird aesthetic personal trainer gf, enjoying that hyperdub money

nah i know he can play live instruments. his original band was him playing bass.
ehh maybe "dean blunt" is dead but i really doubt he'll retire making art/music

i don't mean retire making music i just mean like there's something real at rest about this. a lot of his recent output has seemed really plagued by insecurity but this just seems straight up

hopefully some sort of project to get himself towards the black metal 2 phase and away from babyfather (though I loved those few releases desu)

I swear to God that Swans are the most annoying tripe I have ever heard. I don't know why you brainless sheep hipsters listen to that garbage. Why should I listen to a drunk redneck loon rant about the sun and seeing it all, while 20-minute instrumentals that either consist of screeching harsh noise or shitty synths and acoustic guitar over the most rudimentary drum beats that repeat for eternity? Why can't you listen to something like the Pixies or Pavement if you want semi-decent hipster rock?

>a lot of his recent output has seemed really plagued by insecurity but this just seems straight up
nah i think thats him giving off the vibe of insecurity tbqh. to make an album like the redeemer took pure confidence that only he could pull off.
nah bbf needed to be made. it reminds me of his live shows when i saw him. its pure confusion the way he performs live.

I didn't mean it shouldn't have been made. I love 419 especially. I just don't want that phase to overstay its welcome and I think picking up where the Dean Blunt projects left off would be a good direction now.

I didn't mean The Redeemer, that one seems supremely confident. One of his best works imo. BBF is good too but I think a lot of times he sort of talks himself into a corner in interviews with his rudeboy persona and saying how he's making pop in his head and shit and him getting back with Bo Khat Family Band and putting out all this stuff he seems like he's in a good place. It's flowing a lot more natural. Really the only album he's put out recently that felt contrived to me was Black Metal. Wasn't a fan at all

i feel like platinum tears flies under the radar cause that one is fucking sick, my favorite Babyfather release for sure. got a good gritty feel to it.

What do you guys think of 10/10? kind of blew through it when it first gor released but after a few relistens i'm actually really digging it

whats he do live kek
bbf is hardly an album its just weird samples desu. dont pull that >NA shit on me im from england its jsut not that nice on my ears

this new album sounds comfy af so far

fuck, THAT'S what I forgot to listen to last year. I had this terrible mental itch and I couldn't remember in December what I had forgotten. thank you so much.

>just weird samples
you don't have to like BBF but what songs on there are sample based (aside from the craig david sample i guess)
wouldn't say hardly an album either it's pretty deliberately structured
i don't even like BBF but you sound kind of confused

Nah babyfather is over.
black metal is my fav from his honestly. seems like a great polished compilation of everything he's done from hype Williams, bo khat, and his solo.

I saw him when he came to NYC, before bbf. started out as pitch black with no a/c on then the white man look came on for 15mins. then he played tracks off redeemer, stone island n black metal. then straight noise for 15 minutes, then war report came and he switched to saying crackers instead of niggas, then he switched to coco and really got louder when he started saying SLUT, WHORE then he ended it with meditation and then this made me proud to be British came on the show ended.

for a show that's ostensibly just a guy standing around singing along to instrumental versions of his tracks, dean's live show is fucking intense

got goose bumps just thinking about that show

>bbf is hardly an album its just weird samples desu.
i honestly cut majority of the skits so you could try that. but its one of his strongest concept albums he has released. you could try reading this reddit post that describes it reddit.com/r/hiphopheads/comments/5n749z/album_of_the_year_2016_9_babyfather_bbf_hosted_by/

dean blunt
james ferraro
the list goes on..

i don't normally like dean blunt but this is good

kekd

that actually sounds gr8 lmao im jealous
was it not pretty awkward in the crowd during the noise sections

samples was the wrong word, the album was just extremely jarring to me with all the spoken word skits and harsh noise and shit

not that user but I've seen GY!BE and the drone/noise segments were actually intense, not awkward. I'd imagine something similar at a DB show with the lights off and such.

soundcloud.com/urbansocialmedialounge/as-long-as-ropes-unravel-fake-rolex-will-travel

He dropped a new song too.

best song yet
do do do do do do

It's shit.

how many names does this wasteman have

*it's the shit

Dean Blunt is a fake roadman.