In a month I'll be 30 and I'm having a panic attack, mid-life crisis sort of situation. Help Sup Forumsros?

In a month I'll be 30 and I'm having a panic attack, mid-life crisis sort of situation. Help Sup Forumsros?

Other urls found in this thread:

ted.com/talks/david_anderson_your_brain_is_more_than_a_bag_of_chemicals
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why does that make you panic? You've known for almost 30 years that the day will be coming, and all the days before it have probably been pretty similar to each other. Nothing magical is going to change after this particular day, and they'll be exactly the same afterwards. Except you'll be thinking about the next round number and going through the same panic when that day comes closer. Your panic or dissatisfaction with your life isn't related to age, it's self-image related.

Just that I have no friends and I'm afraid of being alone and shit. I'm also in a different country for job reasons.

Then this is probably a good time in your life to look inwards! I was in your situation around 28-30, but in the country side so far from town. So I spent alot of time alone in my cabin, listening to podcasts while working on my body ("yoga", breathing exercises, bodyweight exercises), doing some shrooms I picked myself (looking at my self and my habits ,trying to get rid of the bad ones while boosting the good ones or learning new ones), caring for plants that I germinated myself, trying to meditate to calm the chatter in my head. Basically trying all sorts of things I heard or read about that I felt related to me and my issues.

I'm in your situation. next month I'll be 30 years old. But... it's ok with me, because I'm finishing my master degree in a foreign country and I'm stydying what I like. I had that conversation with my aunt(she's like 42) and she said at my 30 I just wanted to eat the world. And that's true, we are yound enough to follow our dreams and achieve them. I've been studying Japanese for the past 2 months because my dream is to travel to japan and I want to do it now in my life. I have so much to do and that's exciting. I've dreamed about moving to japan someday in my life... but now that I'm strongly learning Japanese I feel like I'm getting closer to that dream. So... stop focusing on what you don't have or the age you are... focus on the things you can get now before it's too late. You feel me?

Good advice. It's a time of life with both space and energy to follow one's dreams!

buy a sports car.
that ended mine a few months ago
i know its the most stereotypical thing you can do, but trust me it works

I am 4 months past my 30, had some worries too. Nothing particulary bad happened, nothing good either, Prepare to spend lots of time figurin out why some things lost its sense and find new meaning in life

>sweet pepe thread

well. I'm ok with my 30's but the same depression i have when I have 15 still running through my veins.

>30yo
>having mid-life crisis

I've been depressed for about as long, been in my 30's for five months now. Didn't really see that I was depressed until a few years ago, immediately when I saw it it went away for many months, then came crawling back. I found shrooms are a great tool for lifting the depression but it's hard to hold on to that state for very long after, because life and all. I guess what has to change is my life.

take a valium and get over it.

I don't know wtf I should do with my life. Don't want kids and I'm afraid that if I don't find a woman and settle down I'll be lonely. Although that's a bad reason to settle down..

What is a better reason? "love"? Kek, the only reason to settle down is to have loving fam when you are getting older.

Well yes actually. Not from fear of something. Imaging divorcing at 45 with nothing.

Except for 15 years of relationship and life experience? You'll be left with a better version of yourself, and unless the relationship ended on bad terms you might be left with a friend you can talk to about -anything-.

>You'll be left with a better version of yourself

But you're wrong. In most cases you'll be left with a worse version of yourself. Typically ex-wives don't become friends.

Ask around.

PS: I'm not sure if you were trolling but I answered seriously regardless.

Are you trying any medication or seeking therapy for that? I suffered from depression and Prozac combimed with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy did wonders for me.

That must have been rough. But you are still here. So improvement is always a possibility.

I won't take that shit. I prefer feeling like crap than taking those fuck'd up pills. Have fun with the lies you say to yourself to feel better.

I take acid every few months and it helps boost my mood, as well. But I wouldn't recommend self-medicating your troubles away. Your problems will still be there when the drugs wear off.

What do you want to do?

No I wasn't trolling, it's just I've been left with a couple of good friends after relationships and if you are communicating throughout the relationship then it shouldn't really hurt much when you both realize you can't be together. This is assuming neither of you are an asshole in hiding of course. If you are worse off with ourself after a relationship then you are identifying too much with the union-personality and too little on yourself. You need your own two feet to stand on, even though some times two one-legged people can support each other.

Well, have a group of good friends I can trust. Have a wider circle of "friends/acquaintances" who I can meet from time to time.

Live near my family and have a decent job that I don't hate. House + dog. Die at 60 or when my health goes. Awesome to have a SO but no kids.

It worked for me, so it's pretty rude to suggest that you would know better than I. You don't have to take medication. I asked if it was an option. It's not the only option. Therapy, medication, and meditation are the holy trinity of feeling better. It also helps to accept that life is hard and that, more often than not, we are the source of our own misery.

Most relationships end because one of them fucked up. Divorce is different than ending a relationship or so I hear.

Psilocybe shrooms will do the same for you, without being fucked up. If you have the set and setting for it can be great therapy. Especially if you have someone to talk to the day after.

You didn't answer the question. What do you want to do? If I had it to do over again, I'd be the second coming of Chuck Tingle. But I have made choices that limit my options, so I just try to be grateful for what I have. Again, what do you *want* to do? (Just realized I want to write more...thanks, user!).

I strongly advise against the therapeutic use of psychedelics...but you are an adult, and I'm not going to argue. I think recreational drugs are good for recreation. You have a different view. I can respect that.

well I'm studying neuroscience and let me tell you that those pills are not what the medias are saying.

watch this ted talk: ted.com/talks/david_anderson_your_brain_is_more_than_a_bag_of_chemicals

I have made up my mind. So have you. Please, we are trying to help user. Arguing is not helping.

it seems to me that most men after divorce dont live better lives and there chances to acheive financial flexibility let alone freedom becomes impossible. take my answer with a grain of salt ive never been married but i work with alot of older men who have gone through divorce

I found that most of what I learn is related to the habits and patterns of my mind and body. It's hard not to just slip back into that old depressed hunched over personality. I've made progress though, especially in my posture. The shrooms showed me how I -could- be and gave me a benchmark to try to attain. So I know it's possible to actually change, it's just so slow!

>In a month I'll be 30 and I'm having a panic attack, mid-life crisis sort of situation. Help Sup Forumsros?

Get loaded. Stay loaded. Forever. Life sucks, and then you die. Enjoy the ride and don't worry about things too much.

Perhaps you should get a cat.

user is helpless, you just cant stop aging or having 30. you just need to grow up and start enjoying what you like.

We can all change. Sometimes for the better. Sometimes for the worse.

I guess I kinda glazed over "divorce". You're right, and I'm only 30 and have only been engaged. Distance broke us up, and we stayed great friends until she died. I've been through bad breakups too, so I know it doesn't always pan out, and I felt like shit afterwards for a long time. For me at least, the two times I was left with a good friend after a relationship, those relationships were both open and honest. The last one was even full of arguing and almost physically confrontive, but when we realized where things were headed we decided to end it. We kept talking to figure out what had gone wrong, and at the bottom of that rabbit's hole we were left good friends.

>Perhaps you should get a cat.
Cats are great

>What do you want to do

What are you looking for specifically?