American conservatism:

American conservatism:

>Believes in god despite overwhelming scientific evidence that all gods were created by man
>Arrogant enough to not only ignore this evidence but even thinks that the Christian god is the only real god
>Thinks that our brightest and most educated minds (scientists) are wrong about man-made climate change
>Thinks evolution is up for debate
>Thinks that healthcare and education should cost thousands through privatization even though every other first-world country essentially gets them for free as a basic human right
>Thinks smoking weed should be illegal depspite its documented medicinal benefits
>Thinks smoking weed is worse than drinking alcohol
>Incessantly fights against gay marriage even though they themselves are usually gay
>Voted for a non-selfmade, indebted businessman and reality tv star with a middle school vocabulary who also thinks that climate change is a Chinese hoax as POTUS when there were other more-qualified republican candidates
>Thinks America is for the people and by the people despite their last 2 presidents entering office by losing the popular vote
>Demand that obsolete and environmentally harmful coal industries be brought back even though they didn't prepare for scientific progress and newer industries
>Wants to build a wall at the border to keep illegals out of the US even though only 54% of illegals are Mexican
>Wants to build a wall at the border even though 40% of immigrants become illegal simply by overstaying their visas
>Wants to build a wall at the border even though successful border-crossing by illegals is down 90% since 2005
>Easily make up the least educated and most ignorant of society via demographics

Explain yourselves without attacking the left.

Protip: You can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aCZwhIgCtD0
cc.com/video-clips/ss6u07/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-uncensored---three-different-kinds-of-bulls--t
nationalreview.com/article/425232/climate-change-no-its-not-97-percent-consensus-ian-tuttle
youtube.com/watch?v=TaJLEUg5DrM
youtube.com/watch?v=vQXPiBUQaIk
skepticalscience.com/global-warming-scientific-consensus.htm
skepticalscience.com/human-co2-smaller-than-natural-emissions.htm
skepticalscience.com/co2-coming-from-ocean.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The average American conservatist

youtube.com/watch?v=aCZwhIgCtD0

You're a confused person.

Threads like these are whats ruining b

Corporations and Politicians make and keep more money this way, by shoving people's heads into the dirt and telling them it's good for them.

Kinda like a girl in an abusive relationship where the guy hits her and says its because he loves her and she believes it.

GO TO Sup Forums stupid mother fuckers

>not every conservative in America is a devout Christian
>man-made climate change is a goddamn myth perpetuated to tax us for breathing, pass regulations on cow farts and maintain Al Gore's relevancy to the public
>there's proof of evolution
>public school in America is free and look at what it's done/is doing. It's an absolute nightmare. You get what you pay for.
>I used to smoke weed and want it to be legal countrywide.
>I believe the institution of marriage has completely gone against its intended purpose, if gays want it, they can have it. At least that way it's harder to decide who leaves with half of whose shit
>I fucking love Trump. Regardless of your opinion on him, Hillary would have assured perpetual misery for this country forevermore. She had to lose.
>the Electoral College exists so that every state has a say, not just the ones with the largest population. Also, watch Trump blow the lid off of how much pro-Hillary election fraud was really going on
>your so-called "scientific progress and newer industries" are all utter shit compared to coal. Ethanol from corn burns dirty, only richfags can afford solar panels, windmills kill birds... Wanna try again?
>Fuck Yeah, build the wall. We don't need cartels or ISIS coming through the goddamn border. Mexico themselves have a wall along the Guatemalan border so don't even give me that shit.
>we get it, you think you're vastly intellectually superior because of your political bias. Take your overgeneralization of the right wing and your Open Society rhetoric and shove it up your clogged-up, rose-budded anal passage.

Crew at it again

GET IN HERE NIGNOGS

90%. A-. Good job user.

nice b8

It's probably compounded human relations problems that were eventually solved with ignorance and stupidity, so the stupidity is a by product of a larger problem in honest communication between everyone. In addition it probably fed off of all forms of human weakness and the stupidity was allowed to further grow and fester in an environment full of hate, possibly caused by ignorance but also weakness and dishonesty.

>Vast majority of conservatives believe in God
>97% of scientists who have peer-reviewed journals believe that climate change is man-made. I guess you know more than them
>Republican policies want to ban all drugs, so it doesn't matter that you advocate for weed. You voted those fuckers in
>Electoral college is bullshit that has outlived its use and the US is the only country with anything like it
>Spend nearly $30 billion on a wall over the next 10 years that doesn't even solve the immigration problem. Holy shit you are retarded
>Demographics say that the average conservative is less-educated than liberals. Those are facts

Teaching of disregarding of conflicting views through osmosis of sarcasm or more direct methods, isn't much different from why most of the stupid people should hate (Terrorists or Muslims), instead of simply hate for the sake of it, or not being able to form you own opinions like training a dog to chase it's tail, but only feeding it when it bites it's tail enough to cause physical damage. People are so unaware of what it actually means to be alive, they are walking trained monkeys built to respond in a certain way so that they can feel good about it, and jerk off and sleep. And also feel good about being stupid.

Imagine a hundred positives and negatives canceling each other out logically and you may begin to get to the center of all the hypocrisy, my theory is that it all boils down to expectations, obligations, interruptions, misunderstandings, and lies. These might be the cause of stupidity in the first place? cc.com/video-clips/ss6u07/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-uncensored---three-different-kinds-of-bulls--t

>goes to communist indoctrination university
>can't even change their own oil
>more educated
>muh demographics

>vast majority isn't all, numb nuts. I think that number will drop after millenials see how fucking loony the left is
>97% of any group agreeing is suspicious
>you say it's bullshit because you lost ;)
>$30 billion means nothing compared to the stupid bullshit Obama botched, like welfare programs and healthcare
>Less formal education. I can guarantee with every particle of my being that when it comes to trade knowledge and skills, the right wing has the left beat with a clean lead

also, I didn't see anyone else mention this about the "all first world nations have muh educations" so here:
>America acts as a standing army for most of the first world countries so that they can use that money for free shit

>I don't expect you to do anything.
Great I can keep playing my video game, i might end up playing it until i get bored with it and find something else to do.
>You are not obligated to do anything to survive, or out of compulsion by law.
Great I think I might try to work on something interesting that will benefit myself or to share with someone else.
>You are never interrupted in your work
This is difficult and I can't believe it, if I never had to be interrupted the thought to deal with an interruption wouldn't happen and my focus would be so great I could build a scale model of a space ship out of legos.
>misunderstandings
This is even more impossible as complete meaning in communication is almost unheard of, but for some reason your intentions in all of their power are understood in why this needed to be communicated and the message can be absorbed into my own thoughts as though I came up with the idea myself. Thanks for this message!
>Lies
Nobody will lie ever, the probability of this happening ever is practically zero, and I don't even have something to write for what would happen except for the film the invention of lying probably does a good job of explaining it.

97% agreeing isn\t supicious. Anyone with basic education about the enviorment knows that man made global warming is real.

I think OP that the reasoning behind the existence of these things has been ascended in my arguments, and that your problems put forth are part of a greater problem, encompassing the small petty arguments you listed.

apparently it's too basic
nationalreview.com/article/425232/climate-change-no-its-not-97-percent-consensus-ian-tuttle

the right
>doesn't get an education
>can't even use a computer without shit getting infected
>alternative facts

like the relationships you have?

'cause everyone needs a bogeyman. right op?

>bogeyman

So like, someone that sucks at golf?

There was an entire paper on why the liberals tend to have a higher level of education.
youtube.com/watch?v=TaJLEUg5DrM
TLDW, liberal environment in education turns off conservatives which makes the environment more liberal which turns off conservatives which...
Educated =/= Smart.

The reasoning behind political arguments is near impossible and beyond compromise without drastic earth changes. Political affiliations no matter what they are, unless part of a religious or spiritual nature are pointless after knowing these things. Spirituality and religion are excluded because they are a part of a method of thinking that is usually non scientific and strong damage can be done to the owner of the thoughts if they want to continue in their current mind, and completely accept these ideas. If the owner can gradually or somehow realize through why then their arguments become invalid as well. It's also possible to be religious or a part of a religion and not have it conflict in these views.

You are a wise man OP don't listen to the Republicuck haters.

>make 190k/y without college debt
>actual life skills that women want a man to know
enjoy your 9-5 office job pussy

The one catch to all my arguments is that in reality it is not satisfying to act with them, it is more fun to live in humanity with its uncertainty, love, fear, hate, and create opinions based on those emotions and experiences. Also feeling like you are doing anything useful with your time to promote any change as a single person is also unsatisfying for gratification of having actually done something. Even if one were to develop a plan to promote these ideas they would most likely be cast aside for a preference of real acceptable tangible, personal change even if it is a lie told to yourself out of emotion.

>I will also observe that the most peer reviewed, double blind pre-registered (to avoid publication bias) meta-analysis ever conducted concluded with a p-value of p

youtube.com/watch?v=vQXPiBUQaIk

I really don't know at this point, try as many though experiments as you want, living at any point in time rather than the present and why seems strange.

>Believes in god despite overwhelming scientific evidence that all gods were created by man
Explain me liberal, religious people. Conservatism is not necessarily linked to religion. Deal with it.
>Arrogant enough to not only ignore this evidence but even thinks that the Christian god is the only real god
see above
>Thinks that our brightest and most educated minds (scientists) are wrong about man-made climate change
Scientists are not sure wheter the climate change is man made or not. All they can proove is that man has speeded it up slightly. Commonly accepted is that we played a role as catalyst, but neither can be proven that we triggered it, nor is it true that we can stop it, since oceans already pump out more co2 than our combined global infrastructure. It is not in our power to stop it, only to slow it down.
>Thinks evolution is up for debate
Nope, you're speaking of creationists, not conservatives
>Thinks that healthcare and education should cost thousands through privatization even though every other first-world country essentially gets them for free as a basic human right
Education is not for free, nowhere. The question is whether the tax-payer should grant it, or everyone on themselves. Additionally, if government grants free tuition via taxpayersÄ money, tuition prices from universities rise, hence increase the cost for society. Look into the development of student debt ovr the past 5 decades, even before student loans were covered by the state.
cont.

>Thinks smoking weed should be illegal depspite its documented medicinal benefits
I'm conservative and still think it should be legalized to combat crimality, and make it a income source for the state via taxation. Explain my existence, fag.
>Thinks smoking weed is worse than drinking alcohol
Not worse, but in a different way as equally destructive.
>Incessantly fights against gay marriage even though they themselves are usually gay
Gay couples have equal rights to heterosexual ones. They even can get recognized as life-partnerships in front of the state and receive equal taxation advantages. Marriage in a church tho is a christian tradition preserved for men and women. The state has no right to dictate how anyone expresses their religious traditions. Marriage is not a right, it's a requested service that you pay for. Such a service can be denied. The state has no right to criminalize such denial.
>Voted for a non-selfmade, indebted businessman and reality tv star with a middle school vocabulary who also thinks that climate change is a Chinese hoax as POTUS when there were other more-qualified republican candidates
The republican party still choose him. And his opponent was a criminal with a track record of political corruption.
Cont.

>Thinks America is for the people and by the people despite their last 2 presidents entering office by losing the popular vote
The demos does not vote for the POTUS, the Demos votes who his respective state will vote for. Trump won the mayority of mayorities. You're not living in a democracy, you're living in a constitutional republic that deploys democratic votes to determine its decissions.
>Demand that obsolete and environmentally harmful coal industries be brought back even though they didn't prepare for scientific progress and newer industries
Not a conservative stance, but a nationalist one. Use the resources that are AVAILABLE to you.
>Wants to build a wall at the border to keep illegals out of the US even though only 54% of illegals are Mexican
So his method combats 54% of the problem at once. Sounds good so far.
>Wants to build a wall at the border even though 40% of immigrants become illegal simply by overstaying their visas
And your point is? Overstaying ones permitance to stay in a country is a illegal act.
>Wants to build a wall at the border even though successful border-crossing by illegals is down 90% since 2005
Because drug smuggeling is not an issue at all.
>Easily make up the least educated and most ignorant of society via demographics
Ad'hominem and false as well.
Try again.

Political and semantic arguments nearly the same thing.

Views are views, but your comments about climate are all false or misleading.

>Scientists are not sure wheter the climate change is man made or not.
skepticalscience.com/global-warming-scientific-consensus.htm

> All they can proove is that man has speeded it up slightly. Commonly accepted is that we played a role as catalyst, but neither can be proven that we triggered it
skepticalscience.com/human-co2-smaller-than-natural-emissions.htm

> oceans already pump out more co2 than our combined global infrastructure.
skepticalscience.com/co2-coming-from-ocean.htm

>implying shareblue isn't the liberal brietbart
>Implying your precious brietbart isn't fake news

>skepticalscience.com/human-co2-smaller-than-natural-emissions.htm
Comment 3, 4 & 5

>Marriage in a church tho is a christian tradition
Sup Forumsro, fellow conservative here, but this argument always just grates on me. Marriage exists in Hindu and Godless Chinese societies just as much. It is NOT a christian tradition whatsoever. This argument fails with even a cursory glance at anything outside our borders.

The correct argument is that state-recognized benefits to married couples (like taxation exemptions) is an incentive program to encourage specific behaviors the state desires- usually procreation, but not JUST procreation, since that can be obtained in unwed couples. The moral/social benefit of having both a male and female influence on children growing up, and of maintaining a society in which that is the norm.

E.g. homosexuals 100 years ago still married a beard and maintained a traditional household- because of social stigma and the state regulations that reinforced that stigma. Their children were generally unaware their parents were homosexuals, so even though homosexuality may persist, the limitation of its expression on a memetic level is the core of a conservative's argument regarding homosexuality and society.

Try to get any of these marriages within the walls of a church (or mosk), because THIS is the only service they get denied AND the only form of marriage they complain about.

Show me a single case of gay marriage in front of a bhuddist priest being denied in the U.S.
Until you can, I call false equivalence on this.

What today's young conservative believes:

>have a distinct curiosity around Christ and religion generally. won't debate it on Sup Forums/lolrandom.
>gay marriage and gender issues are rooted in mental irregularities that are usually more damaging to treat than to allow. Society everywhere needs to spend less time thinking about sodomy.
>evolution exists. nature is a fascinating thing and if I want to describe something in nature along the lines of my faith, it's because I put value on my faith and it's comforting. it does not mean I believe in a 6k/yo earth, just that my faith permeates my being.
>healthcare is a racket. period. taxing young healthy individuals is nonsense. Obamacare is weak. most of it is going to be reworded and reissued after repeal. it's a shit toss with red vs blue dudes bickering over who's name gets to go with it.
>climate change happens to the earth. the earth will live, humans will suffer. No amount of environmental regulation is going change it.
>coal is stupid. It's expensive and dirty and even west Virginian's know it's a gimmick. natural gas is tops. frack Pennsylvania, ship that shit everywhere.
>weed compounds psychosis' and poverty grows psychosis. not all, but too many people, cannot manage stress and devastate lives with substance abuse. weed is not an exception.
>border wall sounds fine. it's a simple addition to national security. It won't help much.
>Trump is an idiot. America is full of ignored baby boomers who never had to develop critical thinking skills to succeed and pleasing them is as easy as giving a kindergartner a gold star for using the potty.

Addendum-

The function of marriage in preserving a male-female household as the norm also explains why Hindus and godless Chinese are STILL just as against homosexuality. Fuck, China still executes them if they're flagrant and open about it (but if you say it was an accident you just fell into your buddy's butt... again, then they'll forgive you- China's weird). So you see how this argument is more on point to conservatism's core message- its about maintaining the memetic influence on a society. Not specifically restricting anyone's recreational activities for its own sake.

Literally all conservatism is fundamentally about preserving the memetic influences on society and not deviating from stable, tried and true traditions. Rapid deviation (aka degeneracy) leads to rapid change, which is extremely unstable in all natural selection processes.

In fact, sexual procreation evolved over asexual procreation because it slowed the mutation rate by providing redundant chromosomes. Rapid mutation == dead organism. The same is true for society. And Unfriendly Artificial Intelligence run amok. Pretty much anything that changes the environment rapidly starts to resemble entropy and is the enemy of homeostasis.

republicans make more money retard

>I'm OP with an old gay 90's argument
>I'm OP I'm a fag
>blah blah blah and some shit
>I'm OP I'm gay completely
>Two percent who percent
>A bunch of gay arguments even though evolution isn't proven and isn't even shit in real science, because I'm OP saying everything backwards and gay
>I'm OP and I'm gay and a fag
>I'm OP and i said everything backwards and I'm gay and admitting it

>comment 3
Don't understand what this is saying; if you can summarise it I'll do my best to explain.

>comment 4
>Evaporation increases and more heat is lost to space in the upper atmosphere.
The scale of this is nowhere near enough to offset temperature increase from GW. More relevant is that hotter temperatures mean more clouds form, which means Earth exhibits a greater albedo which reflects more sunlight, but even this isn't enough to compensate.

>Oceanic CO2 release decreases the acidity of sea water and carbonate fixing biota do better and lock up more CO2 allowing more CO2 to enter the oceans.
Not clear why he thinks this would happen.

>The climate has demonstrated historically that it is very stable despite quite large changes in the sub-systems modulating the Heat in - Heat out process. Life has equally demonstrated it can cope with large climatic changes and that it actually prefers it to be warmer.............
The problem is if the acidity tips past the point where algae cannot survive. This eliminates a large part of its ability to take CO2, and it may not recover.

> comment 5
I don't understand where the numbers are coming from but can already see several basic errors in the first couple of lines, e.g. equating relative volume of man-made CO2 emissions with percentage temperature rise, assuming that CO2 is the only greenhouse gas in the atmosphere, and assuming that doubling the CO2 concentration means doubling the temperature rise.

Ugh, another shill.

You can't prove there is no God, LOL.

If you are so smart, how do you explain the miraculous protection the Jews have had?

If you are so smart how do you explain things of a supernatural occurrence?

We shall see in the end which of us is correct. If you are wrong, it will not go well for you. If we are wrong then nothing...oblivion....

What are you a JTRIG shill? I gave you a steel man and you tossed it aside for your straw man.

The state has in fact determined through legal means (congress and supreme court decisions) that "Right of Association" is not recognized. No you cannot deny your services to black people or, to remove the ethnic element, Jews (which you can argue is a choice, in the same way homosexuality is a choice). A purist Libertarian might claim you SHOULD have such a right, but the fact remains you are simply wrong to say the state has "no right" because it legally does in every sense of the Republic.

By the same legal power it has denied right of free association in places of business, the state decides what legal privileges and benefits a state recognized union confers, and under what circumstances it should bestow those benefits. The state has every right to bestow those benefits in such a way as to incentivize behavior it believes will support its own interests i.e. a healthier, stronger state.

The conservative argument is fundamentally one about the benefits of a traditional household on society, and the state's prerogative to incentivize that (for its power and right to do so are not in question- only its resolution).

>Jews
>miraculous protection
Like during the Holocaust, amirite?

lol @ national review

he was probably gobsmacked that someone actually believed in "the pause"

pic fucking related

Hey Faggots,
My name is John, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, retarded, no-lifes who spend every second of their day looking at stupid ass pictures. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any pussy? I mean, I guess it’s fun making fun of people because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to pictures on facebook.
Don’t be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I’m pretty much perfect. I was captain of the football team, and starter on my basketball team. What sports do you play, other than “jack off to naked drawn Japanese people”? I also get straight A’s, and have a banging hot girlfriend (She just blew me; Shit was SO cash). You are all faggots who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.
Pic Related: It’s me and my bitch

No, he's referring to the fact that Jews despite making up a tenth of a percent of society are radically over-represented in positions of wealth and power. And that the state of Israel has one of the fiercest armies on the planet beset on all sides by enemies. This, despite having all their property and belongings taken away from them in the middle of the 20th century and having most of their friends and network slaughtered.

Frankly, the success of Jews really is quite phenomenal and its hard to say its anything more than "they fought like hell for every inch". They study harder and better than Chinese kids. Their military doctrine is unapologetically ruthless and effective. Did you know if Israel is nuked, their own nukes point towards Europe? Not Iran. Not Saudi. No- France and Germany. That's to incentivize the EU to help them. And being the EU, of course they respond to that with submission.

America's alliance with Israel started in the Cold War when Israel was courting both the USSR and the West. Considering Russia's Jews all had to leave the Soviet Union and go to Israel, there was a lot of common cultural identity there. They used that to leverage more military support from America (even though in some sense its a foregone conclusion since the Soviet Union would force atheism on them).

Since then, we've remained an Israeli ally since we pissed off Iran and then Iraq and then Libya and then Algeria. It was the one bastion of "not muslim" in the middle east we could use as a staging point for future operations. Saudis got smart and made sure to get in our politician's beds at some point so we never throw the hate their way. But if you're wondering why America likes Israel the answer is it's our Middle Eastern Korea. Basically we'll do anything so long as you don't go commie.

Despite the politics, Israel is doing way better than every other country that's constantly being murdered and having all its assets seized. Hence, miraculous.

>literally no scientific evidence to prove a link between "green-house gases" and global warming
I believe that green-house gases do increase the global climate, but the amount of them humans produce is fucking minimal in comparison to any other natural cause.

>right-winged
>full-ride scholarship for no other reason than being smart as fuck
>uses no anti-virus; never gets a virus because understand how shit works
Eat my dick, lefty.

Let's be honest tho, how can you have scientific evidence about something that is more profound and fundamental than science itself?

Dis captcha tho

Do be very careful what you wish for user.

You have a very poorly understood concept of science. Science is literally observing patterns in the data. What is data? It is whatever substance the human brain can glean from its environment. In other words, data is sight, sound, touch, smell, etcetera.

Furthermore, all human thought is composite of data. If god transcends data, then human beings are incapable of cogitating him. This makes sense- an infinite and metaphysical being that is beyond our comprehension. Literally- inconceivable. You cannot conceive it. You cannot think it. This is the idea behind the tetragrammaton. You cannot speak the unspeakable. You cannot think the unthinkable.

Problem there is, user. You cannot worship what you cannot reference. By taking this route, you've admitted that all religion everywhere is idolatry. Worship directed at something lesser. But it is directed at that thing, and not the inconceivable thing. And it can never be directed at the inconceivable thing. Because your limitations as a finite being, by your own admission, render it unreferecable.

I cannot prove the non-existence of god. Nobody can. But I can prove that not a single man in history has ever worshiped him.

In almost every holy scripture, god is referenced as greater than human understanding, but then, that's why the manifestations of god are there, to enlighten the people of the age to gods presence, and to allow them to know of its existence.

You can know things but not understand them surely?

>your info is in probably a dozen hacker databases along with about a billion more people. chances are you'll suffer identity theft sooner than later.

>did you know: *statement I couldn't possibly substantiate*

fuck off

What would the point of making someone 'aware' of your presence if you are an incomprehensible thing? You couldn't accomplish anything meaningful by making your presence known because you are necessarily incapable of communication, because those beings would have no frame of reference for your communication style.

>this is this
>you can't do that or this because things

make a point, not a projection faggot

there is actually. but the studies are sciency and require effort to understand. So, you and your audience are out.

Frankly, i do not understand the greater purpose of religion, but it doesn't hurt to follow the teachings and be nice to people.

Also, manifestations are for communication. God speaks through them, they tell us what we need to know, and I trust it.

Of course it would be great to understand Gods designs, but I don't think that is possible.

greater purpose is comfort from the unknown. that and unity for the sake of peace.

the world is pretty fragmented in terms of belief and more people are defining their life in increasingly broad terms which often seem self serving more than serving society.

Same user? Ye, i believe that belief is a good thing, and we need unity bow more than ever. The human race needs to look beyond countries, race and gender. We are one human race, and we need to move on with our path.

Good chat, im going to go now anyway