Why did this fail? It was an amazing piece when it came out. I loved it. I had one a few years ago but had to sell it...

Why did this fail? It was an amazing piece when it came out. I loved it. I had one a few years ago but had to sell it. Planning on getting one again.

Maybe it was too advanced for its time? Anyways, post some good games for it so I know what to play when I get it.

>"Maybe it was too advanced for its time?"
what?

It hasn't failed. Still great for remote playing of PS4.

Patapon 1 and 2 are my favourite games of all time

Probably because of the overly expensive proprietary memory cards that still haven't gone down in price.

I enjoyed playing Gravity Rush on it but that is about it.

it didn't fail. at least not in japan. But the japanese games on Vita are quite niche and most weren't translated.

Not a lot of western games on it because... well I don't know really why. Probably hard to code on or some shit.Or because western game companies don't publish games on portable devices anymore (can't really think of good western games on 3DS either)

But was that soley it? I'm sure it had other reasons.

It failed because Capcom are a bunch of faggots and stopped releasing Monster Hunter games on playstation consoles. Still great for MHFU, but sadly no newer ones.

I didn't mean that it completely failed, I just thought it could of done better. The PSP did very well and was very popular. The Vita, not so much.

(cont.) also, it didn't help that sony lost the monster hunter license to nintendo consoles. That was a real system seller.

> Monster Hunter
Wot? Not saying they weren't popular, just saying it had only a small dedicated fan base.

too expensive,
not a fantastic game selection, but definitely some gems.
and the pspgo had came out not even too long before that
i played the shit out of persona on mine, i loved it

Better games on google play store u fag

monster hunter has a fanbase wide enough to carry the sales of the vita.
Hell the genre was so popular there even was a wave of MH clones (Toukiden, God Eater, Freedom Wars...)

Eh..maybe because I wasn't a big fan.

Yeah it was a bit pricey when it came out but I honestly thought it was worth it. The game selection did suck but I'm sure by now there HAS to be a better game list. I haven't really kept up with it.

it's perfectly ok not to be a fan of the genre.
I for myself can't get involved in FPS or fighting games so I know the feel.

>Customers don't want to pay 60 dollars for a mobile-quality game
>Developers don't want to make a 60 dollar quality game they can only sell for 40
>Indie games are the only option
>There are better, cheaper options for playing indie games

Sony didn't do the legwork to incentivise 3rd party developers to make great games for the system. They were always going to lose money in the short term. They just weren't willing to risk the money it would take to ensure the Vita actually sold.

That makes sense. I guess it was more useful as a peripheral than a game console. I know the remote play function worked very well.

I have a love/hate relationship with the Vita. I've bought and sold 3 separate ones, and I'm looking for my fourth and final one.

I absolutely hate weeb games. And that's all that is coming out for them. From the get go to now. But when I was handed a copy of Persona 4, I fell in love. It's a lovely game, and the only weeb game I'll play.

There were amazing games put it in it early, like tearaway, and killzone. There was no real reason to have a vita. Portables are meant for quick pick up times, not full console tier games. I'm just getting one so I can emulate on that beauty screen.

It's just a matter of the market forces at the time.

You realize, smartphones have largely obsolesced the classic portable game console. even so, the PS Vita did very well and continues to have a place .

Because in the West we generally don't give a shit about portable gaming compared to Japan. Especially Amerifats - they don't play games on the move. And yes, us Eurocucks are lazy too. So yeah, I'd say it's probably because we're lazy as fuck and don't do portable gaming that much

It was a great Persona 4 Golden Edition machine

There's plenty of "weeb" games that are badass, and way better than whatever the hell you want to compare them too. You probably just never gave them a chance because of some internalized insecurity about liking "weeb" games, whatever that means, lol

Persona 3 Portable was like $5 a few days ago. Fucking yeah.

Vita never had those.

Describe Persona. Never heard of it.

Yeah, smart phones are really cutting into markets you wouldn't expect.

What I really like about the Vita and PSP is that as long as you have a decent wireless connection, you can, from anywhere, log into your psn account and download whatever games you have on there to your vita.

You can play lots of your old favorite ps1 games really easily. I have a bunch on PSN that I play on my PS3, and I think it's cool, I can just whip out the psp/vita and play Final Fantasy, or Metal Slug etc. on there.

Also, the whole ability to use your Playstation remotely with it is pretty neat.

The only portable "gaming" is on the phones.

Some of the best games are "weeb" games. But like you said, people just don't give them a chance.

Persona is an RPG with some abstract themes, set in modern times. The newer ones are exceptional gems with excellent music scores and a well designed plot that mixes many elements of popular Japanese games such as dating sims, and simulators, into a comprehensive and exceptional masterpiece of a gaming experience.

I've played them all, but starting from 3 and up, they are really on par or better than any comparable RPG released in the west. It's just a different experience with, like I said, more elements incorporated into it.

Lack of non japanese games.

Don't get me wrong, I have a Vita and I really love it but even with piracy, I didn't get any other games because all the ones I wanted I already had paid for them.

My best times playing the Vita were playing borderlands 2 and playing the gta games for the psp that were ported to the console.

Lack of games easily explains the failure of the console.

And please don't start coming up with a long list of japanese games, the average gamer doesn't give a fuck about these and thats why the console failed even though it was a great device.

Also fuck the memory card prices.

It's a game where you move in with your uncle in a small town, and there's a string of murders all happening through the television and you and your newfound friends investigate and try to solve it, I did a really bad job to summarize but trust me its worth your time, and

I have no insecurity about weeb games, it just seems that all of them are about half dressed cartoon characters running around, alongside awful voice acting and little to no story, at least that's what I've seen. Recommend me some good ones!

Ah. Not really into RPGs but I'll look into them.

Yeah, like you said the average gamer isn't going to know about Japanese games. They rather stick to common ones here.

> Recommend me some good ones!

Well, dude, The entire Final Fantasy franchise is "weeb". Also, the entire Dragon Quest series of games are great, but more geared to younger audiences.

Disgaea series of games is excellent if you like tactical RPG games.

Also, in the action RPG category, I found the Hyperdimension Neptunia games to be a lot of fun to play.

It really depends on what you like, but dude, there's nothing wrong with cartoon characters. That's what fallout or any of the other games are, just toons on your screen, you know?

Any good action type games though? Like Killzone and stuff..? That's more my genre.

I didn't play it because it didn't have enough games I'm interested in.
Smartphones became really popular around it's release date which I think hurt it the most. At least it's kind of popular in Japan I think?

I'm not as familiar with those kinds of games, since I'm more of a turn-based kind of guy, but I hear borderlands is decent, and it's out for the Vita, as well. If you log into your PSN, you can sort by genre, too. I just don't have as much experience in that genre to suggest one, sorry, m8, good luck.

Apparently it's still very popular in Japan.

It's alright. Thanks anyways. Just wanted to see some recommendations.

Persona 3 and 4 were PS2 games. They had remakes for the psp (persona 3 portable) and ps vita (persona 4 golden) that were quite good.
Persona 4 also got some interesting spin-off: the fighting games (arena and ultimax on xbox/ps4, by the company that made blazblue), a dancing game (persona 4 dancing all night on vita, by the same people who did project diva), and even a dungeon crawler (persona Q on 3DS, by the ones who made etrian odissey).

And after years of milking the persona 4 license, persona 5 just hit the shelves in japan a few month ago for PS4, and got really good reviews. Western release is planned for march or april.

Well I'll definitely look into them then.

Too expensive.

It was never meant to be successful. The vita was an attempt to disrupt nintendos control of the handheld market, which helps keep Nintendo afloat and hopefully push them completely out of creating hardware and just create software.

Who says it failed? It did great in Japan and in North America.

Not really. Not in the US at least. It didn't do as well as the PSP.

Well even if it wasn't meant for that, with all its features I would of expected it to be successfull.

I still have my PSP, but my brother told me better buy the vita
What do you think?
I think it's very expensive
And don't make me talk about the fucking memory cards prices

I loved the psp and still play it but the vita never appealed to me

You would imagine there would be more games, but unfortunately we've seen several years of shit...dead console, sorry folks, vita went the way of dreamcast.... killer execution but just not the right place or time for some reason

It failed because there was no hack for it to allow emulations

Only shit games and good devs just ditched it right away. This would be successful if they hadn't sold Monster Hunter to Nintendo