Literally just a better version of Game of Thrones in every conceivable way. Game of Thrones has fifty threads...

Literally just a better version of Game of Thrones in every conceivable way. Game of Thrones has fifty threads, The Last Kingdom has zero.

Is there any surer sign that this board is shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vCJUDdEirco
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm waiting this to drop on Netflix for me to watch.

Season 2 will release in 2017 anyway, no rush.

uhh...

I'm from Brazil mate. It's not available yet on Netlix BR yet.

I wanted to like it but I couldn't get over how bad the costumes and sets are

Now that I marathoned the whole season, I'm thirsty for more. This'll be one of those shows I actively pirate new episodes weekly.

Why, because they're historically accurate for 866AD and you're used to fantasy looking armor with massive pauldrons or boob-armor for "women warriors"?

Eofric and Alfred were based, didn't really like the dane stuff, which seems like itll be the focus of S2.

wouldnt say better than GoT but still great

Started watching it because I heard Alfred the Great was in it, and stayed for him too.

tfw Alfred got to the Vatican in the last season of Vikings and I can watch the Last Kingdom as a continuation.

>you'll never have a bro as great as Leofric

I find the quality jump from the recent seasons of vikings to TLK to be immense, i love vikings but TLK really gets the feel of those times down.

> Actual shield wall combat, rather than idiots breaking into seperate one-on-one duels

Muh dick

I was a bit annoyed that the opening episode showed the Anglo-Saxons being entirely unaware of shield wall tactics, when they'd been using them for centuries by that point, but I suppose it helped the storyline.

I feel the same way. Started getting annoyed at Vikings in the recent seasons. Ever since Aethelstan left it's been less interesting to me. At least we still have Ecbert.

Yeah that's around when I lost interest.

Although i think Aethelwulf became really interesting as a character in the last season, he's one of my favourite characters now,

He's in TLK isn't he? for a single episode I think.

Is it just me or is Uhtred a dead ringer for a younger Brad Pitt?

I don't think so. The show starts in 866 and Æthelwulf died in 858. There is a character named Æthelwold though, who might be the one you're thinking of.

yeah that must be it

youtube.com/watch?v=vCJUDdEirco

It doesn't seem to be too historically accurate.

but they're not historically accurate lmao, they're on par with vikings

>Literally just a better version of Game of Thrones in every conceivable way. Game of Thrones has fifty threads, The Last Kingdom has zero.

there you have it, is not as good as your shit taste thinks it is.

Better vikings than Vikings, and better everything than Game of Thrones.

Main character could have been played by a better actor, but all the supporting cast (based Alfred is best character) keeps it together.

Who's best viking? Skorpa number 1.

>reddit literally shills Sup Forums as the /got/ board and floods here
>newfags think that means game of thrones is a good show

Embarrassing tbqhwy fampai.

So let's hear a pitch, why is it supposedly so good?

>its an Uhtred picks some pagan whore over his bro Leofric

smdh