When did political comedy shows go from:

When did political comedy shows go from:
>lighthearted jokes about politicians with interesting guests, usually writers

To:
>half an hour of angry leftist propaganda with occasional, limp wristed interviews of actual politicians

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QPgSkml1AR4
truthrevolt.org/news/democrats-run-highest-crime-cities-america
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You're comparing one show with different goals to every other show hamfisted into the same genre

ok Sup Forums time to go home now

He's the lefts answer to Bill O'Reilly.

Democrats won the white house, and quite frankly The Daily Show worked infinitelt better with Bush in power.

>it's a Sup Forums can't handle the banter episode

How is that not the Colbert Report? He was an explicit parody of Papa Bear.

Name a single benefit that right wingers existing provides.

Why should people who are worthless be humored?

Colbert Report is a satire. That would be like saying Weird Al is the thinking man's Michael Jackson

I'd say around 2008

lol, no. Current year man is a comedian (with obvious political leanings), O'Reilly is a propoganda machine that embodies everything that is wrong with the right and yells over anyone who disagrees with him or employs gotcha """journalism""" which is usually based in hyperbole or myth

Political comedy has always been around, snowflake.

This is actually the first time I've used "summer" this summer. Congrats shitdick.

I enjoyed his podcast, but the HBO show isn't as entertaining cause its just one long-winded diatribe.

The prevention of communism.

He had a podcast?

Lol no you manbaby. Cultural marxism is already achieved. Cry moar.

He still has it. It's him and another british comedian.

>trynottocutyourselfonthatedge.jpeg

>O'Reilly is a propoganda machine that embodies everything that is wrong with the right and yells over anyone who disagrees with him or employs gotcha """journalism""" which is usually based in hyperbole or myth
But that is literally what these comedy central shows are now, including current year man. The only difference being they don't yell over people that disagree with them, because they don't even have them on their show.

>so summer he doesn't even use edge properly
not even the same guy btw

When jews realized they're going to lose their stronghold over American politics

>But that is literally what these comedy central shows are now
Maybe in the mind of a basement dweller from the part of the country where it's acceptable to have sex with your own cousin. For everyone else they just share levelheaded and reasonable views and opinions.

>that point he made was a good one and made me appear foolish
>I know I'll just pretend he's some kind of caricature like my hero John Oliver does
>HAHA, another debate won for the American left, I can't wait to show this one to my wifes son

Holy shit, you actually fell for their propaganda LMAO
You act all high and mighty dissing O'Rielly as propaganda (an opinion you were probably given by Jon Stewart or Oliver), yet you can't even see through comedy central's bullshit.
Top fucking keke my man. Enjoy the rest of your school years lol.

Fucking kek

When the news media went from
>Reporting the news
to
>Reporting opinion shout matches and empty podiums countdowns

Okay Sup Forumsbaby, whatever you say.
Considering that the average age of his viewers is around 70 y/o enjoy your retirement home, either because you're a resident or because soon that will be the only place you will be able to find other people who share your opinions.

>his
Who? O'Reilly? Just like you, I've never seen his show.

So, the crux of your argument is that old people and people from the country are conservative, therefore liberalism is correct and logical?

>Who?
It's whose, jesus christ.

Whose gives a shit?

Who cares, society is collapsing in the next ten years

I think you might be mentally challenged if you think that was my "argument".
>Enjoy the rest of your school years lol

That's exactly what you were saying dude.

That other user pointed out that Oliver's diatribes are no different than O'Reilly's. You said they're different because Oliver's opinions are normal and correct to you unless you fuck your cousin or live in an old folks home.

Did I miss you making a complex socio-economic point or are you just in fact an idiot?

Yup, you are in fact mentally challenged. Will you make another post showing off your tragically poor reading comprehension skills?

Why are the rightwingers so extremely butthurt? I know you can't into comedy, but Jesus.

I guess you guys are too young to remember when Clinton was president. The "lamestream" media was roasting him every night.

HBO is all about connections and agendas

not like every show has to be profitable

some shows are complete garbage

>>Enjoy the rest of your school years lol
>he thinks ignoring the argument to attack grammar is a mature

Yeah some HBO shows it is hilariously blatant the trash was only produced to give people in the inner circle some work

Or perhaps you're just an ineffective writer with unfounded, nebulous opinions?

Not the guy you were responding to. Just dropping by to let you know you're a retard.

Step back from the edge.

why is Colbert so desperate ?

first it was strawman interviews with a trump cartoon

he has become so obsessed with trump he has became this desperate

youtube.com/watch?v=QPgSkml1AR4

>the future of American politics will just consist of candidates stating the current year at each other

Preventing the irrevocable degradation of western norms.

I'm the guy you're replying to, some hot head responded first. I actually forgot Oliver doesn't have guests (or does he?). Have you watched the oreily factor, though? He employs just about every logical fallacy you can think of on a daily basis and his content is so laughably biased it's almost like he's a caricature himself.

I miss the days when these shows didn't exist and I got my political jokes from guys like Leno and Conan.

I don't think it's fair to compare a few light handed jokes about Bill's cigar to entire episodes of a show dedicated to attacking a single politician/political idea.

I don't recall Jon Stewart taking his entire half hour to build campaign around say, not electing Bush. He just made a few goofball remarks and moved on to his next segment.

If you want people to treat you in a mature way put in some effort and try not to make it clear that you are either underage or a literal retard.
No, if you think that saying "no, in the eyes of non-hicks those shows present very reasonable opinions" equals "therefore liberalism is correct", then you are in fact a literal retard.
I see Sup Forumsbabies got triggered again.

It's obviously ridiculous blatant bias in mainstream media and programming, HOWEVER

I'm not too upset about it, because while braindead Bern-out stoners are lying prone infront of a tv with Jon Stewart or John Oliver on it, the political collective of right-wing minded people are doing literally anything else, which can't be a bad thing

it's pretty mild leftist propaganda. it's not like 'shill jew agenda kill western civilization with degeneracy' but he supports the neo-liberal status quo. there's still an edgy 'humour' to him that the all-encompassing SJW would be triggered by. i think a lot of people misinterpret his arguments because they come to the conclusion he's some cultural marxist before considering the arguments themselves. he actually uses examples to prove his points even though some of the examples are extremes but he's not dishonest about it. are people upset with him because they hear a lot of women applauding him in the audience?

that being said he's probably one of the least funny comedians i've ever seen but i assume that comes from the writers room trying to outdo itself with more outrageous shit or pop culture references that aren't really consistent. and there's something about the way he swears on the show that makes me think he's swearing for the first time and isn't used to it

>getting literally upset at john oliver

this is why america will never be first world.

>If you want people to treat you in a mature way put in some effort and try not to make it clear that you are either underage or a literal retard.
>still avoiding the argument

You got BTFO hard

I want you to know that you're a perfect example of just how difficult it is to explain simple ideas to stupid people who have already made up their minds.

You epitomize modern leftism. Brava, sir.

I don't even think leftists would say they like John Oliver on a character level

Like Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert, they'd be cool to chat with at a friends barbeque, and they're generally funny guys

John Oliver, I can't imagine anyone liking him.

Better question is, why did everything get politicized so much?

You can't make 2 fucking steps without running into some propaganda from left or right, what the fuck?

>let's remove 1 side of the coin hehe XDD

what could go wrong?

this

The Daily Show when Jon Stewart was on was basically just half an hour of DUDE REPUBLICANS LMAO

Colbert used to be based though up until about 2011.

No one's upset about him, he's just insufferable.

It's American election year
ISIS keep killing people
BLM are advocating murder of police
A presidential nominee was just acquitted of a federal crime
Britain just left the EU after 40 years and got a new Prime Minister
it's kind of a political time

Of course!
Sure, likewise. Except maybe without the second line since 'modern rightism' doesn't really exist, and it should be 'bravo' if you're going with 'sir' :^)

I don't get the Drumpf meme. Can someone explain it? Apparently one of his ancestors was named that or something?

>No one's upset about him
>but we need to make daily threads about him
>also we can't use his real name in case it triggers Cleetus, so we have to call him 'the current year man'

The fire rises.

These are going to be crazy fucking times

It's so cringeworthy that he turned the Late Night set into the Colbert Show set

Your line of thinking is also a big part of the problem too, though. There are idiots on all sides, like the people that resort to name-calling and childish buzzwords (cuckservative, bern-out, dims, etc). Those people should, imo, just be ignored because they approach politics and social issues the same way 9 year olds boo and hiss at kids of the other gender. Political parties aren't sports teams, I don't think that most people understand that

I don't even mean recent timeframe, look back 10 years, you could barely see any politics anywhere, everyone thought politics were "boring" and it was an interest for old men, and now every college kiddie thinks he's a revolutionary fighter or some shit and votes for some stupid commie.

2009 when they won the white house and went on the defensive.

They have been getting more devensive and assblasted every year since. It's called desperation to hold onto power.

That sounds pretty hetero-normative you fucking bigot.

>that's like a a walrus eating a hamburger
>you don't know how walter the walrus got the burger
>you don't know why he got extra cheese and pickles on it
>but you're damn sure going to watch him eat it

You'd think guys like this would be desperately praying for Trump to win, given that his presidency would provide them with actual material to work with so they don't continue to fade in popularity and into irrelevance.

His family emigrated from Scotland, their surname was Drumpf. That got changed to Trump because most foreign named were changed for ease of pronunciation and naturalization.
People think it's funny to call him Drumpf like they've dug up a secret of his past.

>"Donald Trump is like, literally Hitler!"
>"It turns out Trump is an anglicisation of the German surname Drumpf"
>"Woah, like, wouldn't it be totally funny if we called Donald Trump instead Donald DRUMPF because, like, he's literally Hitler? lmao"

his original family name. drumpf sounds like dumb/dump. Thats the entire joke.

Nah, you were just too young or weren't paying attention. Social media has just turned up the volume a bit

Because leftists being in power has been such a fucking benefit, huh?

>Social media has just turned up the volume a bit
Either that or it was extremely subtle, because in older movies and video games, I don't see it being THIS blatant. Almost every other video game is a leftie propaganda and every now and them you have gems like American Sniper.

Deep rooted discontent at the status quo (whatever side of it you're on) because of the stagnating economic fortunes of the lower classes

This is left-wing America.
truthrevolt.org/news/democrats-run-highest-crime-cities-america

There has been a deliberate effort to push leftist ideology into video games and movies, this is no secret.

>can't just come out and blame niggers nigging
>"It's Democrat mayors and unions that make these cities violent"

>not using tax-payer money to buy mosques for immigrants is "racist"
>not pretending Bruce Jenner is a woman is evil
>Trump is le anti-Christ

>levelheaded and reasonable views and opinions

I hate to tell you this, but outside of faggy little SJW cults like colleges and San Francisco, your views are not considered mainstream.

>Entire generations of kids that grew up getting all their news from comedians have reached voting age.

And who controls the media?

Not memeing here

Cable news and talk radio. MSNBC and Fox news are cancerous.

Those knuckles aren't hairy enough

I don't think decrying opinions as propaganda makes any sense at all. Would you rather people censor themselves and make sure to keep any kind of ideology out of their creative works? It goes both ways, you know.

>Sup Forumstards shitpost about drumpf 24/7 but don't even know the real joke behind it
ayy

Well they instill the policies which draw those who do the nigging into their cities

>unironically watching John Oliver in the first place

ayy

You calling colleges 'faggy cults' told me everything I need to know about you, pretty sad desu.

It was called The Bugle.

And he has now left.

Actually we forgot the Drumpf thing in about a week and it's only ever brought up in [CURRENT YEAR] threads

t. white nationalist Sup Forums memer

John Oliver crossed the pond because he couldn't cut it back in the UK. Pretty sad honestly.

If you dont see that many colleges have become hollow, worthless indoctrination centers, you are either underage or retarded.

The state schools here in California are literally a joke these days. You dont get anything even remotely approaching a decent education.

>Why are the rightwingers so extremely butthurt?

So butthurt that they lose their fucking minds and blockade streets and burn down cities every time a violent drug-dealer gets shot?
So butthurt that they throw a complete tantrum over men in drag not being allowed to piss next to little girls in North Carolina?
So butthurt that they demand apologies from the Red Cross for "racist" pool-safety pamphlets?

Oh wait, no, that's Liberals.

>actually we forgot about this thing and we only bring it up in these threads we spam daily now