STRANGER THINGS MEGA WEEKEND THREAD - PART 6 - End of the Road

Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=b9EkMc79ZSU

As of right now, here are the current season packs available online. Use the filenames to pick the release you want. NTb is the best quality so far. The 4K season pack by NTb is nearing its release.

>Stranger.Things.S01.1080p.NF.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264-NTb (25GB)
>Stranger.Things.S01.1080p.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264-SKGTV (24GB)
>Stranger.Things.S01.720p.NF.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264-NTb (12GB)
>Stranger.Things.S01.720p.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264-SKGTV (9GB)
>Stranger.Things.S01.NF.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264-BTW (4GB)
>Stranger.Things.S01.WEBRip.AAC2.0.x264-TURBO (2GB)

So far, Sup Forums thinks this is one of the better shows Netflix has produced, but it's not without it's flaws. What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JRfuAukYTKg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Crazy

I've just started watching it, I like it so far but the plot with the sister getting CHADed and winonas acting is letting it down

The sister subplot gets better

it was eh, not bad but eh

Why did you corner this child in an abandoned building, user?! Can't you see she's scared?

Man what the fuck is wrong with you? You can't watch a TV show without getting triggered by Chad?

in the end she sticks with Chad who isn't really a bad guy

Just finished it. 7/10 from me.
+Great cinematography
+Really good casting
+The chief is based and definitely captured the 80's spirit on that character
+Great pacing and story arcs escalation
+Nancy ending up with Steve and not the weirdo felt right.
-Feels like an homage to the 80s instead of something made back then (there's no way a film like this would have a soundtrack so heavy on the synth and not cheesy pop songs)
-Kids screaming can be annoying
-Predictable
-El is overpowered and just like in Looper I don't like it when they use fantasy in a sci-fi theme.

I hope they make it an anthology series unlike Halloween that missed the chance to become based.

including Chad is just too easy and done do to death. It's literally a trope to have Chad in your TV and films

As a non-beta male, I was pleased to see the realism of Chad getting the girl in the end.

so does Will become the next flea man or the thing he coughed up?

Hopefully youre right. Each season becoming a different story about some strange occurrence in that town, a la Eerie Indiana, would be dope.

Always really wondered what Halloween couldve been if they kept that formula after Season of the Witch.

Also, just finished watching it. Give it a hard 8 to a soft 9 out of 10. Show was overall great. Nice soundtrack. The cinematography was awesome. Based chief. I never watched Twin Peaks or that other show people are comparing it to but I really enjoyed the ride.

You really need to watch Peaks. You'll notice the similarity between the pilot and this show instantly, plus its a 10/10 show

My wife had never seen it, so I've been rewatching it with her in the past weeks.

They're not THAT similar. There's the overall small town mystery feel, but that's about it.

The Chad is actually quite cool.

Spoiler: Chad unChads.

I liked it a lot. I'll give it a 10/10 for the first go and maybe an 8/10 for rewatchability since the show seems to lose flavor once you know the result, i.e. the ride isn't as fun.

The tribute to '80s Sci-Fi and Horror was really terrific. I adore the way they made the chief look like Jack Nicholson and had Ryder's character axing through the wall (which was a door to another dimension) in spirit of The Shining. The elements of the story centered on the kids and the girl were very E.T., while the girl's powers were Carrie.

That isn't to say there aren't elements of stories outside of this categorization. I think the party was a bit like Sixteen Candles (or maybe I have another movie in mind), the kids feminizing Eleven was like Weird Science, and Lucas using his slingshot to hit the monster was like It.

I think they wanted to fit a lot in there (and I'm probably missing a good deal anyhow), but they then put the ones they couldn't weave in as posters -- Star Wars, The Thing, The Evil Dead.

Nonetheless, I liked it a lot, and the ending has me hopeful they have a Season 2 story in mind already. I just hope that blowing their '80s load in this first season won't cost them.

I literally thought the same fucking thing.

>I don't like it when they use fantasy in a sci-fi theme.

What was fantasy-based here? El? Her telepathy/telekinesis was from MKULTRA mind control experiments, she wasn't a witch.

I'm trying to fathom where this critique came from, within the context of your post and the overall show, and I'm missing it. Unless you didn't like the kids' dungeons & dragons references which was the only fantasy-thing about the show at all.

>Unless you didn't like the kids' dungeons & dragons references which was the only fantasy-thing about the show at all.

It's another dimension, but it's very supernatural, it could be hell, the underworld, whatever. It's not pure sci-fi at all.

the chad actually turns out to be a pretty cool dude in the second half of the season

there's LoTR and the hobbit references thrown in everywhere too

>le nitpicky asshole nerd face :V

hjehehehehehe

I didn't like her telekinesis. I have seen it so many times before.

I'm not the original guy, I like the combo a lot. Lost and BSG are two of my favourite shows.

Sorry mate

Not sure why i decided to play the first episode, but pleasantly suprised.

Im super fucking worried for this show, since it seems they won't make this into an anthology

i was kind of hesitant too at first, i expected it to be another super 8 type of mediocre piece of shit, but it's surprisingly good

DUMB
U
M
B

looks shite

I don't like this whole 'different episodes' format. Seen it way too many times before.

Just said the same here I assumed it'd be an anthology because the story was structured so tightly as like an eight hour movie. So long as the next season is less of a spinning-their-wheels type of thing that successful American shows like to do when they know they have to keep going for a while and more of a "this is the sequel" kind of thing it could be alright. Like the Gremlins 2 to this show's Gremlins.

my one big complaint about the show is cleary should have had more screen time

i was disappointed at how he was handled. the guy is a great fucking actor and he seemed wasted.

>tfw he's not being burly in Game of Thrones near me

Cast burlyman in all the things, no homo.

isn't this guy the diner owner that gets capped in stranger things

I'll give it credit for being only 8 episodes, the biggest problem I have with most netflix shows is that they all seem to go on for 2-3 episodes too long

yes, he shouldn't have been offed so quickly.

t. Got fan

lol i thought this was a knick thread for a second. i suppose that's what i get for not reading any other post than the one i'm replying to.

Just like your face

too much noseblood imvho

The show should be applauded.

>chad turns out to be a good guy in the end

FUCKING BULLSHIT

Fuck I need to buy some more comfy sweaters.

I guess it just comes down to me not really wanting to know more about the upside down, the more they explain it the shittier its gonna get.

and If they drop a different supernatural thing into this town, Im gonna have a hard time suspending my disbelief

>Assumptions

I hated the books and the show was LE HARDCORE MATHUR SHOW XD BOOBS so, yeh. I don't think so.

He was always a good guy, he became a great guy.

>ditches shitty friends
>is cool with Jonathan even though he's a massive creepy perv who beat the shit out of him
>uses his baseball skills to take out the Demogorgon
>does Tom Cruise impressions

Winona showed her true Jewish form in the last episode.

>bad guy gets the grill series

Dropped

meh, go watch AHS

winona was straight up awful in the whole show. she does not play the 'crazy mother in hysterics' role well at all

This is the part where betas lost their shit and screamed at their TV.

please stop i cant take it anymore

>bad guy
literally the only bad thing he did was insulting Jonathan and he regretted that pretty quickly and ditched his shitty friends

>peer pressures girl into sex after getting her drunk
>breaks the camera of a dude whose brother is missing
>enables anti social behavior of his friends by not stopping them from spraying all that lewd stuff until he himself is confronted
>tops it all off by smugly rubbing it in the brothers face by getting him a camera, inferring that the only way he will see the sister naked is behind the lens of a camera

hmm

That's not even the most beta moment in the show. Barb, a true nigga, was the fifth wheel to two couples including those cucklecucks and ended up getting murder raped by slenderman cthulhu in the fucking twilight zone silent hill ass bullshit realm.

FIFTH

FUCKING

WHEEL

but they had premartial teenage SEX and no one got pregnant or suddenly went through a massive personality change the next day! MADNESS

desu what jonathan did was some straight up creeper shit, i don't blame steve for getting pissed off

the only true douchebags in the show were those two kids that held the knife to dustin

>>peer pressures girl into sex after getting her drunk

Are you kidding? She went there for sex, she got new underwear and everything.

>>breaks the camera of a dude whose brother is missing

Dude spied on them and photographed his girlfriend getting naked!

>>enables anti social behavior of his friends by not stopping them from spraying all that lewd stuff until he himself is confronted

Anger, he apologised and helped to clean up the mess voluntarily.

>>tops it all off by smugly rubbing it in the brothers face by getting him a camera, inferring that the only way he will see the sister naked is behind the lens of a camera

Dude was very happy with the camera, he was taking shots of his qt mom at the end.

How come you couldn't post in the thread that was already up?

>tfw barb was the second best girl after winona

Of all the things we could be talking about in this show, like how Will spit out a slug and shit, we're talking about Jonathan getting together with Nancy.

You are all insecure pussies.

I didn't mean Steve calling him out for his creepshots, that was legitimate, I mean when they met in the alley with the graffiti

fucking saved

it would be the most magical romance of Our Times

Sup Forums - Teenage Girls

I thought she was good, just horribly one-note. Everyone else had levels, but she just maintained the crazy across the series instead of building to it or leaving it behind when someone believed her. Poor direction, because we all know she can act normie.

Missed that in my life, so i hate to see it on my tv or movie.

are you kidding me? I was super glad for the nerd.

He didn't put his dick in that slut, probably would have gotten aids

It's like Twilight for twenty-something autist beta males.

the realistic portrayal of a female going back to the chad over a dude who goes through life and death situations is more interesting than a scene that was put in to make sure people realise there's going to be a second season

I loved it! I can remember watching this video and thinking it would make a good movie/show. I'm glad they did it. The kid from this music video is number 9 in my head canon.

youtube.com/watch?v=JRfuAukYTKg

>hey babe, did that pathetic creep beta photography nerd finally leave to go cry while jerking off alone on Christmas day?
>yes, dear. he's all gone now. We can finally get cozy near the Christmas tree and fireplace without him staring at us all weird or try to take pictures of us again.
>what's that loser's name again, babe?
>uhhh, I think it was...wait...I dunno. Oh well. Who cares? He got his camera so he won't be bothering us anymore.
>wanna suck on my cock later when your parents go to sleep?
>hell yes! I love your big cock, Steve. I can't wait for you to cum on my little face and let it drip on my tiny titties.
>atta girl. Merry Christmas.
>Merry Christmas to you, too, Stevey.

lol, THIS THIS THIS

Poor Barb.

>Next Time on Stranger Things, Steve moves to Pawnee

I interpreted the slug-scene as the boy clearly having ptsd for the rest of his life.

turns out I was wrong xd

>liking her just because you think shes attainable

Keke

>xd
No.

I will never forget thee, Barb of Tarth.

>tfw you realise you're barb

Mate I don't what to fuck Barb at all, I am the male Barb. We are all the male Barb here.

I think if it was a PTSD metaphor he wouldn't have been so nonchalant about it. (Or did I interpret that right? His reaction was so fucked up.) I think El's flashbacks were supposed to be like PTSD though, because they were flashbacks to her abuse and trauma.

And becomes Spider-Man.

>the scene where lance pulls out all his dad's 'nam stuff from the backpack

That'd have been interesting but the wink wink with waffles and the sheriff was just a bit too much

I'd rather be a beta than a cancer kid.

>*Lucas

He was a true G.

>utility belt
>Rambo bandana
>biking to the gate on his own
>strong independent lil nigga who don't need no telekinetic gf

He better be Will's best friend.

You've never seen a hysterical mother then

if you had to choose:

nancy or nancy's mom

i'm going for the mom

Nancy is too skinny for me and I like skinny girls. Mom all the way.

The mom is the best girl in the entire show

I think you're all missing the point here. This was an unhappy ending for the sister, not for the photo-nerd. He was happy at the end with his brother and Mom, she was stuck with a guy that she didn't really love. It was a nice nod to betas.

nancy looks like she'd die during childbirth

Whats with the hype for this shit show?

winona and nancys mum