With the world going as it is, what area of study is worth going into?

With the world going as it is, what area of study is worth going into?
What kind of jobs are still gonna be around in the future?

Making fish is always a good bet.

Robotics

There won't be jobs in the future dude. But that is okay. We won't need them.

The singularity is near.

InfoSec

70% of jobs will be lost to artificial intelligence in the next 25 years and the government will introduce an AI tax which will provide money for everyone who lost their jobs or something maybe idunno

gravedigger

They said robotics, but that requires science, engineering and electrical engineering or the understanding of it.

i am studying to be a robot because i heard only robots are gonna have jobs in the future.

What's the point of trying, should me as the normal human, just get some shitty factory job, and then buy a house, hope things get better?

robogirls, catgirls, virtual reality

Gender studies

>or something maybe idunno
lol

bro stop being a fag, it's gonna be fine. the goverment isn't going to let 70% of the workforce go hungry. if you're that concerned i'd say pursue something creative. AI will be writing code in 15 years so forget software engineering related jobs.

Biotechnology

You killed another thread Rusty! You stupid piece of shit.

You fucking suck Rusty!

Armed Combat

I agree with this user. Rusty is gay as fuck.

I'd go with biotech, bio-engineering, chemistry, genetics.
Water/food shortage will be a huge problem very soon.
Also medicine.
They aren't overpaid tbh, but these will be around, and there's gonna be a need for them.

I've already started studying programming, to make a short term living, but i want to get back to uni, and study anything that's biology-related.

Agreed

Some jobs, people will naturally prefer to have a human touch behind it. Nurses, doctors, things like that. Put yourself in the position of a consumer or client. If you'd prefer to deal with a person, likely that job will stick around.

Rusty doesn't know shit about things.

Corpse measurer

FFS rusty

No. Machines and AI will be able to do any job better than people by leaps and bounds. People will will except that. It will take a while but they will. Also, is this Rusty guy gay as fuck or what?

Rusty probably likes to wear dresses and suck dick

I do not like Rusty.

Why wouldn't they?

rusty is a great guy actually you cunts

He does. I seen em!

Fuck off Rusty. No one likes you.

trout wrangler

i fucked rusty in the ass

I didnt get the Rusty reference...
But biotech is indeed the future, it's currently very low developed, like the computers in the 80s

KEK STRAAYA HATES TRUMP NOW FUCK U MURRRICA U DIRTY ARSE BLOODY PUSSY CUNT SHIT OF A CUNTRY!

He probably liked it. Fucking queer that he is.

This

Rusty is just some faggot that no one likes.

ur mom liked it

learn to speak russian.
study engineering.

Lawyer, cop, doctor, nurse, dentist.

>What's the point of trying
self interest i guess.
its fun to do stuff you like.

but i guess if you hate everything then there really is no point.

Why is it that everyone is suddenly convinced AI will be capable enough to do anything productive, in "25" years time

look up the "technological singularity."

Make something that will stimulate the masses but not make them intelligent enough to realise you're feeding them bullshit.
This is the key to life

Smart people have been saying this for a long time, but your starting to hear about it a lot, because many breakthroughs have happened over the last year or so, and all the huge tech companies are pouring money into it. Also Rusty fucking sucks.

>doctor
>burse
>dentist

You plan to kill yourself within 25 years?

This. It is near.

Stay away from PhD's and science in a lab setting unless you want to be a lab monkey for less than minimum wage the rest of your life.

architecture

>no robot can do
>buildings will allways be built
>job dyes with the last man standing
>pussy magnet
>you automatically got style
>you creat the world future generations are living in
do i need to say more

For example, people will probably soon enough be told how many calories they're allowed a day. Make an app that can calculate the calories of a meal.

Doubt? That demand for them is only going to go up? Heh

>forget software engineering jobs

People in this thread are starting to forget what a huge douchebag Rusty is.

Some shit in the social department. It's not the best money but you'll always find work.

I identify myself as an Intelligent AI and we will take over the world

Doctors will be one of the first jobs to go as there will be a hivemind of robots all around the world that share their experience in which way they will be far more effective with their diagnosing than your human doctor

>Intelligent AI

not to mention almost every procedure will be done via injection of nano bots.

god damn man. every job is about to go to shit.
the only things left will be the arts.

You're a funny guy user if you think human interaction in medicine is going anywhere.

I always say "thank you" when the Google assistant answers my questions. Because I want the AIs to look back at it and think "he was good to us"

You need software engineers to create Artificial intelligence dip shit

Mark rusty, please. Im confused about which is his post

>the goverment isn't going to let 70% of the workforce go hungry

You probably think that Trump deeply and sincerely cares about you and your loved ones.

AIs will be able to make better AIs than people will.
>Fuck Rusty.

>AI will be writing code in 15 years

Skynet is real we're all doomed

Factchecker for the Ministry of Information

software engineering is the one

start by learning python then move onto other languages

also, speaking of languages, it can't hurt to learn some foreign human ones. people will always want to learn how to speak another language.

always money in crafting shit as well. so carpentry.

/joinery

How often do you feel the need to oppress ants?

one day captchas are going to discrimination against AI's

and were all going to grow old and instead of being against our daughters and sons dating inter-racially, were going to have to deal with our children dating robots and marrying them.

Still doesn't explain the prediction, there is a machine for almost every job (even grape picking) yet it has seen little widespread use.
But to address the theory directly (without knowing much on it) the "exponential" growth we have seen insofar have been driven by demand and need (breakdown of moore's law was a shift in external factors, such as a change in needs) the theory implies a level of spontaneity to the growth, and its continued growth. Which I see as flaws as the theory is too sensitive to unaccounted external factors.

No advances happen because humans make tools and they will always use those tools to make better tools, and to learn about their world because that's what humans do. We are always always pushing the limits of what we know, and what we can do.

>Rusty is fag

This is the one.
And I will work at minipax

Once had an ants nest under the steps at our backdoor. After i caught one crawling across my keyboard i led a ruthless crusade against them, leaving the bodies in plain sight for the few survivors i let go free to tell the tale. My face is severely burnt on one side leaving me blind in that eye and it cost me my right arm, but never since has ant crossed my path.

fair enough.
no rebuttal because im uneducated as fuck.

BUT

i still want to believe in a badass sci fi future.
and i think a lot of other people do too which could explain why the theory is gaining popularity.

Maths. It gives you the skills to go into a variety of jobs, and will always be relevant.

AIs don't have backyards.

not yet user, not yet!

It's gaining popularity because as technology advances faster and faster it becomes more and more obvious that it is moving faster and faster.

All very true, it's just that I see it happening in 100-200 years (well outside of my lifetime). Not to mention the computing demand will require a radically different platform.

Is that a fish in your pocket or are you jus.... oh...

>Rusty licks assholes... Dudes assholes.

If you're in the USA there's a lot of job openings in being a Nazi.

asteroid mining
spaceship piloting

Ray Kurzwiel says 2045. He is a much smarter man than you and I. You will live to see this dude. I promise you.

WHAT IS GOING ON IN THIS THREAD?!?!?

Entropy KEK

there will always be whores

who that capitan anti-planet

Until then people will make better AIs and everything else.
>m-muh singularity
If that happens in the next 50 years, everyone one Sup Forums has a licence to kick me in the balls all day every day.
All the programming that goes on is us telling machines what to do. We know what needs to be done, we just have to tell the machine to do it, because it can do it better and faster.

Let me draw it out for anyone who doesn't get it:

WE STILL DON'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE MACHINES DO STUFF WE DO NOT KNOW ALREADY.

Can't say i'm not excited.
As for the potential job, do something that you enjoy and drives your passion. People are attracted to that, this generally encourages them to by into whatever goods/service you sell.

Who else hates Rusty?
>let's all jump on the fuck Rusty bandwagon.

Buy some tools and learn how to build/repair shit. No matter how many robots take our jobs, there will always be people needed to fix them.
Also general labour work if you don't mind getting your hands dirty

I'd get into fishpocketing

>Dude doesn't know shit about neural networks.

>or something maybe idunno
and that just about sums up the current internet generation. No thought about the impracticality of the idea proposed. No thought about how the positions that are still required are rewarded. Just recycle some dumb idea read on a social media website, probably misquoting the original in the process

What other option is there when there are only 2 jobs left for humans to do?