I've never made this type of thread before in my life, but I'm depressed and anxious and lonely as fuck...

I've never made this type of thread before in my life, but I'm depressed and anxious and lonely as fuck. I'm 26 and I have nobody and nothing. :(

This world is just so fucked and chaotic. I can't see myself having a happy life. Shit gets worse for me every year.

How do I make myself feel better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MSrTnWDTdwI
youtube.com/watch?v=HdqVF7-8wng
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

try not live a life based on your past. The present is the only moment that truly matters. If u consider urself as a failer you won't ever get outta it. You got life on your hands homie

KYS

When I was depressed years back I would just go to the local library pick a book and read for hours. Would really help me forget also there were a few regulars at the library who I started talking to.

I still dont have many friends but I'm okay with just reading and learning.

A thing that helped me, when feeling not motivated and energetic, is ''Nofap"'. Search it, it makes sense some how. It made me more confident, also talking to other people and girls in general.

Need more info for advice OP

True man. I gotta forget the past. Too much shit back there. Thanks.

Great idea. & What a coincidence, I just bought a book.The Defining Decade: Why Your Twenties Matter and How to Make the Most of Them Now. Will delve into it.

A thing that helped me, when feeling not motivated and energetic, is ''Nofap"'. Search it, it makes sense some how. It made me more confident, also talking to other people and girls in general.

I live in Australia, do nothing but sometimes to go to the gym, and work a dead-end casual retail job.

I had a relationship once. It was okay, but I felt like it just caused more problems in my life, so I broke up with her. Breaking up with an actual nice girl and breaking her heart messed me up. I would have rather been the one who was dumped.

I've also somewhat fucked myself up by taking pills, but I don't do them anymore. By fucked myself up, I mean I get anxiety for no reason, shit seems sort of "wavy" when I focus on it (like text or pics on a screen).

I have no friends or know any girls.

I've done this a few times.. could never get past a week. Been really thinking about trying it again.

Find something you want to do, something to improve on, something that you feel like you can strive towards and make your future better.
If nothing feels apealing, then just start on something, anything.
Also, get out of your house, attempt to meet new people. I know it might require some effort on your part, and it dosent feel good at first. However, the more you socialize, the less effort socializing requires and the more fun you'll have doing it.

where do you go to socialize?

there's a bar down the road from me, I guess I could give that a go.

Shut the fuck up, op. Nobody cares. Just post more pics of these two hoes.

Get yourself some Guinness, a couple of grams of cocaine, get messy in a bar with some people you don't know. Try and just let go of everything, it's good for the soul to blow out once Ina while

Firstly take a slow deep breath. Secondly get yourself down to an Army/Navy/Airforce Receuitment Office and join up. You wont be lonely anymore, you will have lots of friends and a sense of belonging. You will be rebuilt and have self confidence and you will be fit mentally and physically.

Nothing expected in return OP. Good luck start your journey.....TODAY.

>Start a martial art
You'd be suprised what this does for not only your fitness but confidence and social life. If you stick with it you'll have friends for life. Nothing cements a friendship more than constantly choking each other out. Id recommend Jiu Jitsu

>Get involved with volunteer work
Find some cause you care about and link up. Most people you meet will be very welcoming because they're already the kind of individuals to use their free time to help others.

What do you think OP?

A bar could work, but it's harder imo. You're not really doing anything, and if socializing is allready hard for you, then meeting people in a bar is probably not easy. (As the only goal in a bar is to talk to other people)
I'd rather suggest doing something with an activity or something where the main goal is not just to talk to other people.
I tried a few things, and ended up playing squash in a club with a lot of people and really varying skill levels. I further voulentered to help with different shit around the club and just really got to know people there.

I'm sure there are a lot of different ways to approach this, but in short, that worked for me :)

Good luck user! I'm rooting for you.

Discordianism helped me out of a two-year depression. Basically, there is no order or disorder, only True chaos and our perception of it. Seriously read all of the wikipedia page for Discordianism.

if this is trips you must kill yourself OP

100% agreed; volunteering helps others, and boosts your self esteem. Martial arts gets you exercise and also self confidence.

Everything follows from that.

Is it not too late to start a martial art at 26? Won't all the people in my beginner league be kids?

Socializing isn't hard for me -- I don't get social anxiety or anything. MAYBE a bit with girls I overthink what to say too much, etc.

Thanks user.

Just keep walking OP. Tune out the bullshit. Do things you enjoy, as long as they aren't self-destructive. Don't isolate yourself. Take risks and do things that might cause you anxiety. When you feel like you need to get out, don't. Stay. Work through the anxiety and see it through. I promise that next time you won't be as anxious, and soon you'll find you're not anxious at all.

Good luck OP, you can do it.

Oh, kk. Guess i'm just projecting my own issues here then :) In any case, good luck mate, i'm sure you'll be fine!

See pic related

I once rolled with a 42 year old white belt while visiting my friends gym. Super chill dude that's been through a lot and find his solace on the mats.

They might be kids, but think of how good you'll be against them.

This

Thanks anons.

try heroin

where are you living?

Asstralia.

Are you me? I'm a 5/10, maybe 6/10 tops normal dude. My humor is fucked up, I'm the guy to laugh when bad shit happens. I'm the loner that never really had a girlfriend, or any girl friends whatsoever.

Then boom, couple of weeks ago this chick approached me, we had mutual friends but I never thought I'd even have a chance so I didnt even try. But she wanted to get to know me more and more and more. And before I realized I started liking her alot and we had spend almost everyday with each other.

The best part is that we share the same humor, have somewhat same interest and she is smoking hot (like, what the fuck does she see in me?). Since then I've become happier and happier, just because of this one person.

TL;DR: We are alike, life sucked. Met chick, life became good. Lighten up buddy, life is a rollercoaster, gotta have some downs so you can enjoy the ups.

-Some random dude

Man the fuck up. Also nofap.

Great story random dude!

Just a word of caution if you don't mind, don't put all your happiness in this girl. If she leaves, you'll be right back where you were. Having been where you are myself, use the opportunity to see how good life can be because your outlook shifted. You can keep that outlook without the girl now, because she's shown you that there is always hope out there for life to get better.

Enjoy the ride!

>Just a word of caution if you don't mind, don't put all your happiness in this girl. If she leaves, you'll be right back where you were.

I've been there before too, friend. But thanks for the advice! Good look in your future doings.

Same to you Sup Forumsrother.

OP, it's all good. You're going to be fine.

Nver give up m8, learn how to feel and express your emotions. Depression is often caused by supressed feelings of fear, sadness or anger (thus directed against oneself).

There are battles that you can't win, but fight them anyway, because life isn't all about winning, it's more about taking chances, opportunities and experiences. Live and learn and you will grow.

I can highly recommend you to learn who you are (and why you have become this way) and how to love yourself unconditionally.
Sorry my english is a bit rusty, hopefully this helps though.

PS: Law of attraction and the knowledge of quantum physics might help too, you have the power to create happiness bro!

You got more pics of her?

To see this thread actually made me a bit happier.
While this world goes fully neurotic you need to keep some focus on things that are good.

Thanks user. It definitely does help.

>I can highly recommend you to learn who you are (and why you have become this way) and how to love yourself unconditionally.

I really will.

Heaps. She's a hotty. I might start a different thread for her.

Reply in above post ^. Quoted wrong person.

Are you physically healthy?
People don't give their physical health a second thought until they lose it.
Got diagnosed with Vitiligo a couple days ago, feel like my life is over. At least it's not a painful disease.

That's not what she thinks. She's making a career of it.

Yeah well she's really brave.

Wow! This is going on my wall. Thank you user.

Do it. Start a new thread. I needs it.

suck my cock

it will make u feel great!

get into an mmo or some hobby that requires you to meet people. thats what im gonna do but i havent found one yet.

if you have some money to fuck around with, get into drone racing or some shit like that.

if you have social anxienty, get some meds or something but remember that the other half of the problem is you doing something social, so do it.

youtube.com/watch?v=MSrTnWDTdwI

Talk to a therapist, they can help.

The only way for shit to get better is to keep getting up in the morning. Everyday is a new chance. it can hurt and it can be defeating but you shouldn't give up.

come on, the worst that could happen to you is to die tonight, and yet it would be no big deal. man up. if you can stand a rainy day, you can stand 50 more pointless years

do 1,000 pushups and situps then you will feel better

Here is some serious, no bullshit advice:

Stop giving a fuck about everything. I mean it.

Do you know what will happen if you go to psychologist? They'll essentially try to convince you to stop giving a shit. Same with self-help books. That's what it all boils down to: stop giving a shit.

Stop giving a shit about how you appear to others. Stop giving a shit about how you fall short of your own expectations. Stop giving a shit about how life is messed up and essentially random. Stop giving a shit about how some people are idiots who just glide through life while you have to claw and scrape for everything you have.

Just stop caring about that shit and you'll feel a lot better, trust me. You'll then have the energy to pursue things that will make you happy.

Fuck everybody and everything else.

OP here is a self-improvement checklist. It worked wonders for me.

1. get the fuck off Sup Forums and never return
2. run 2 miles a day
3. stop eating shit
4. talk to everyone. say hello to strangers, postman. converse w checkout lady. talk weather w coworkers.
5. find someone special
6. to stalk, hunt, torture, murder and eat!

WTF IT'S WRONG WITH YOU FAGGOTS? ?? CheeseSpin.net

youtube.com/watch?v=HdqVF7-8wng

this is good. i mean it. if i was in this situation i would do it.

You aren't alone, user. You have us.

what wise user says.

My gf left me like 9-10 months ago. Also, I feel like each day less and less people talk to me. To that, add the fact that I go to an engineering school where there are no girls, and the few that go are ugly as all ever living hell and are hella stupid.
I've been feeling down, but I also found refugee in books and learning. I'm trying to make an interesting person out of myself. Also, videogames help. The moment you stop craving for other's attention, or always looking for people to look at you or notice you, is the moment you free yourself of depression.

tl;dr don't do things for acceptance, do things out of self-love