>2017 year of our lord and not listening to King Gizzard

Never been more impressed with a live performance in my life. they played everything from Flying Mictrotonal Banana and Nonagon (which both sound 100x better live) last night in Portland - and even had Orb open for them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qK6JHtv9Qt8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm a fan and desu I think FMB and the next album are a departure in quality compared to earlier albums

A friend told me they were his favorite "new" band a couple weeks ago so I checked them out. They're alright if I'm in the mood but very samey, at least the two albums you mentioned, to the point where it all melts into one big pool of mediocrity. Also, the microtonality is used more as a gimmick than to actually explore what could be done with it.

it's like a band dedicated to covering the worst of Thee Oh Sees. still occasionally good but sounds more like a bar band than anything serious.

See them live and then see if your opinion changes. If only their albums sounded the way they did in person....

I saw them live a day before you did in seattle and they were pretty good but they weren't fucking mindblowing or anything.

The live stuff doesnt sound that much better honestly. idk what you're on about

Agreed, their live performance was amazing when I saw them in Toronto.

Got into them recently because I'm a pleb I guess, but FMB and Nonagon didn't do it for me in the same way their older stuff did

Awesome band though

I bet you stood there the whole time with your hands in your pockets

I was actually front row and was going harder than most other people at the show, yelling lyrics as loud as i could.

but whatever you want to project so you dont have to deal with the idea of people disagreeing with your opinions. I'm not even saying it was bad, it was pretty good. Just not amazing, i've seen better shows.

Saw them live at Webster Hall on the 31st, hands down best show I've ever been to

I want to join their sweet D&D campaign.

Is their 2016 album supposed to sound like 128 kbps recorded in a closet?

Are you supposed to sound like a pretentious cunt?

UNORIGNALHIPSTERFAGGOTSHIT

fuck off and die, shill
you're music sucks

*your

Rattlesnake did it for me

i have finally become music

Oh what the fuck they're playing the Fillmore tonight? Fuck me, I never got tickets

Didn't they release an EP very recently? Or was it just a single?

They released a video yesterday of the final six tracks from their upcoming album. They also released an album in February.

I thought MFB was a disappointment but the new one is shaping up to be great from what we've heard so far.

murder of the universe

youtube.com/watch?v=qK6JHtv9Qt8 this new track is sick

It was dissappointing until seeing it live dude... Doom City and all the other meh tracks are incredible live

>eight members
>Making the same song over and over
> b but its microtonal

it's a good song tho

Does anyone else think the spoken word parts of the new albums are genius? Its just so visceral and tangible you can really feel the vomit expand to a cosmic level

>tfw having the feeliest feels for a cyborg

this 100%