Creep is not a bad song

discuss

I don't think anyone would disagree

There is no such thing as "good music" or "bad music"

Blow Out is a great closer
You is also a really good song

I kinda get why people think it's a pathetic song, but those people can go back to their loving significant other and normie life

Great band, Good song, meh album

The guitar playing in the second half is fantastic it's so layered. I can't believe Jonny said he was trying to ruin the songs with the squeals and shit he does in the song

this is a reddit shoop it's actually amsp he's holding

Holy fuck that's the greatest thing I've ever seen

my key complaint is that it's not Pixies

You, Creep, I Can't and Blow Out are all decent tracks. Not necessarily good, except Creep maybe, but passable.

The rest of this album is embarrassingly awful, and I know it's been said many times before, but fuck. It's truly hard to understand how they went from writing stuff like this straight into The Bends and beyond. Surely there must have been other factors involved. Your songwriting cannot go from shit to brilliant in less than a year, surely?

thom here
creep is a bad song

Pablo honey is pretty underrated DESU.

Yeah it's similar to a lot of other Brit rock of the time, but it's still really solid Brit rock. Lots of catchy hooks and good lyrics. The major thing it really lacks is the powerful atmosphere creation that Radiohead perfects on their later albums.

I've noticed how they've tried to repeat the success of Creep by doing more emo rock songs, The Bends is like an elaborationon Creep. It's like their whole fucking career is based on Creep. People dislike Pablo because it tries to be happy.

elaboration on*

I'm a complete sucker for any song that uses the non diatonic I-III in their chord progression (Creep, Santeria, Two Headed Boy). But I think the song is still great besides that. The bass line is really good and when the piano comes in after the solo I always remember why I like it. It's probably in my top 20 Radiohead tracks.

But im a creep.

The only person that doesn't like it is Thom and he only hates it cuz he gets asked to play it at every show

Radiohead is shit

you can say that about anything on a music discussing board you fucking meatloaf

I'm a weirdo.

album version of anyone can play guitar is great

but it doesn't have
>fat ugly dead

I don't like the melody in the chorus of that song at all.

Maybe he should get over it, it's not like Radiohead is high art or anything

kek'd

Lurgee is underrated

Thats where you are wrong

blow out is much more than decent and it's probably one of the best tracks they've ever released

i remember there was some video of them playing creep from their recent tour where they brought it back, and near the beginning of th song, the camera showed jonny whose reaction looked like "seriously? we're really doing this one?"

can't find that specific video again though

"There's only two kinds of music: good music, and the other kind." -Duke Ellington
"If it sounds good and it feels good then it is good." -Duke Ellington