Chelsea Wolfe changes the direction of new music

Chelsea Wolfe changes the direction of new music

Other urls found in this thread:

redbullradio.com/shows/hypnos-hour-chelsea-wolfe/episodes/dropt
chelseawolfe.net/bio/
daily.redbullmusicacademy.com/2016/02/chelsea-wolfe-interview
youtube.com/watch?v=G_f6SoDDGAA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shit female artist, listen to grimes instead since she's actually changing the face of music. Chelsea Wolfe is nothing more than an insincere hack.

You are wrong.
And don't turn this into a catfight.
Claire is also good.

Both suck

She's touring Europe

Also she was on the studio past months so maybe next album is soon

>a
I
still haven't finished with Abyss

Chelsea has a radio show too, wow

redbullradio.com/shows/hypnos-hour-chelsea-wolfe/episodes/dropt

In which direction do you think she is changing it? And no - this question isn't bait.

She is an act that brings mystery to music. There is a dark intellectual quality about her and the potential is fascinating for her future.

But are other artists following after her in that regard? Because, unless what she does has an effect on what others are doing, she isn't changing anything.

She is better than others and surpasses them. Are you stupid or something?

She may be great in her own right (I've quite enjoyed her stuff in the past) but that doesn't make her a game-changer artist.

I'm not even typing to you anymore tra la tra la tra la

What/who is she changing?

Emma Ruth Rundle surpasses her

Pretentious bullshit, spiced up with a bunch of creepy visuals to hook millenials up, no music, no voice, no charisma.

I will listen

Wait! This is not Dungeon Synth?

incredibly boring doom pop, you need to be on drugs to enjoy chelsea wolfe

Shut the fuck up about her.

Why are there like 3 threads about her all of a sudden?

What happened today in particular?

I bought a ticket to go and see her

MY HEART IS A TOOOOOMB

Yeah but that's not news. I thought it was some memelord or a press release from some slimy journo that got Sup Forums's attention.

>ught it was some memelord
sometimes I must be like 10% of /mu's input

>Yeah but that's not news.
it is a bit

>sometimes I must be like 10% of /mu's input
Neo-Sup Forums is all memerap and garbage. A couple years ago we had good threads about her. Not now.

literal who?

>we had good threads about her. No
me again probably

She is one of the many new-ish solo female acts about these days.
chelseawolfe.net/bio/

I remember discussing her music here before Pain Is Beauty, and I didn't like her last album because of who she was working with and the way it was mastered.

I think a recurring theme is that people around her tend to push her in directions that doesn't really match what she aims for. That was the case with her first album, and she did not like it.

yeah. you're pretty much quoting this article

daily.redbullmusicacademy.com/2016/02/chelsea-wolfe-interview

>not available as a podcast

>yeah. you're pretty much quoting this article
Is that the one where she said she wanted to go back to the sort of raw sound of The Grime And The Glow? She did say that, because she wasn't happy with working with John Congleton, and now she's worked with Kurt Ballou, but it doesn't seem necessary, Chelsea's typical sound comes more from home recordings that are less clean and compressed than pro studio wizardry.

yeah.

Well, in the interview she says exactly the opposite of what you are saying.
I urge you to read it.

What was I even saying?

>yeah.
Kurt is an awesome producer though. 10/10 at recording guitar cabs. Custom HM-2 pedal clones and other goods as well.

At least hoping he let her and Ben have enough creative freedom to mix their stuff the way they want to sound.

I've read it, I probably don't remember it, I'm probably thinking of another interview where she seemed dissatisfied with Abyss.

Post source on that interview.

That's not even me

>dissatisfied with Abyss
I'm just saying that I never read Chelsea saying this.

Me either

>Post source on that interview.
Ugh, you're giving me that task, she released her demos from Abyss last year as bonus tracks along with Hypnos and Flame for a reason. I like the demos better than the final versions.

Pain is Beauty is really well mixed and mastered for her sound. She did a good job mixing it and Ben did a good job mastering it.

Stuff she recorded around 2008-2009 is pretty good too where she had full reign of her material. Advice And Vices was recorded around this period too.

youtube.com/watch?v=G_f6SoDDGAA

>I'm just saying that I never read Chelsea saying this.
It was one interview among many, I read with my own eyes, you're asking me to dig through a mountain of interviews to find it. She said she and John both were both "stubborn" and that they "butted heads" over recording the album.

Abyss is pretty good. Can't wait to hear what she evolves to from that heavy as fuck sound abyss had.

>Can't wait to hear what she evolves to from that heavy as fuck sound abyss had.
She worked with Kurt Ballou. This shit is heavier than Abyss, one of the tracks is even straight up black metal.

Are you an insider?

No

Look at those digits well done

Maybe.

She did preview the BM track on her insta, but that was before working with Kurt, no idea how he mic'd it.

I'm a relation, we speak a lot

>I'm a relation, we speak a lot
Details details. Someone's shilling here.

She is nice and Sup Forums doesn't deserve to talk shit about her.