/prod/ - Music Production

"Just turn the bass and treble up" edition

>Production Resources:
>Pastebin - Links, books, videos, articles, tutorials and stuff
pastebin.com/pYGCLu6q

>/prod/ wiki - still looking for contributors
mu-sic-production.wikia.com
There's a severe lack of DAW descriptions in the wiki. If you're good with your tool of choice, consider writing a paragraph about it.

/prod/ IRC is up!
To join, you can go to rizon.net/chat
Choose a nick, put #/prod/ as channel. Enter!
Or you can get a lightweight desktop client here hexchat.github.io/downloads.html

Remember to use clyp.it to post your tracks/WIP: posting a clyp.it is just providing sound for a question, posting a Soundcloud link is making self-advertisement and the thread doesn't need that.

Remember to check other peoples' clyp.it links to keep the thread healthy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sVqSj1cxrJM&list=PLEFBEB93EAA197277
youtube.com/watch?v=g0lbfEb8MMk
youtube.com/watch?v=6ju8xO_Zvfo
clyp.it/4hqwg0xe
clyp.it/ywy2ifzg
clyp.it/pnuzexc0
youtube.com/watch?v=F9nJYoHFDaI
izotope.com/en/products/create-and-design/vinyl.html
clyp.it/p4dtnoqy
clyp.it/gmgel5bt
clyp.it/ucy2s4vn
clyp.it/ne4tbkyn
youtube.com/watch?v=UgJnaoTkr6c
youtu.be/J_4zr0Qk6o0
clyp.it/iwvzihzf
soundcloud.com/wifisfuneral/wifisfuneral-aw-shit
clyp.it/acwdo51y
clyp.it/nrinq45f
clyp.it/1jnpmjfu
onlinesequencer.net/454157
clyp.it/22vgcjn1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can anyone think of a VST that'd be good for recreating the 50s-Disney-movie style choir sound? That super reverby falsetto sound like in Motion Picture Soundtrack. I'm in love with it and would like you use it

youtube.com/watch?v=sVqSj1cxrJM&list=PLEFBEB93EAA197277
youtube.com/watch?v=g0lbfEb8MMk
youtube.com/watch?v=6ju8xO_Zvfo

Sausage fattener

Okay now you've really done it

clyp.it/4hqwg0xe
Reposting this since no one replied last time :(
Suggestions? It's more of a mix of parts of a song that I will flesh out later. I will probably add vocals.

Sounds pretty good friend. Well done.

clyp.it/ywy2ifzg

Just recorded this wall of analog sounds. Should I make a full song out of it or does it sounds like crap ?

What's the point of using an exciter? Is anyone here even using an exciter? An EQ can do the job just fine.

It's more exciting

clyp.it/pnuzexc0

Is this suitable for rap beat?

My understanding is that a harmonic exciter adds harmonic content, whereas an EQ is just boosting the harmonic content that is already there.

youtube.com/watch?v=F9nJYoHFDaI

Filthier then weak skrillex dubstep

gonna upload another dubstep track soon

Guitarist/composers looking for budget midi keyboard. Arturia Minilab or Akai MPK mini?

is the cracked version of max on "audioz.me" legit? i downloaded it and my antivirus flagged it, but could it have been because of shitty malware or whatever?

man, the outline on the piece of bud on the cover is so rough and shitty looking

do you care about anything you do?

try this user
izotope.com/en/products/create-and-design/vinyl.html

clyp.it/p4dtnoqy
how'd i do? it's lofi hip hop

Hiphop/trap beat maker here

Thoughts? clyp.it/gmgel5bt

got new album cover out

ur not actual disposter poster utube link

clyp.it/ucy2s4vn

Feedback for feedback

Reworked since the last thread:
clyp.it/ne4tbkyn
Knocked off a couple of bpm, rebuilt the beat for the new tempo. Turned the hat into a ride.

Takes me back to the days of Spookycore. Needs more witch cackle.

That's well blended. Was not expecting the Nas vocal.

Do you guys download mp3s straight off youtube to use for drum loops? I do but I am a fuckin loser.

I do, but I'm a loser too.

loser here too.

I honestly don't see the problem if you're going to chop/stretch them anyway. Unless you're super worried about being high fidelity does it really matter where you got your source audio?

Yeah exactly, some cunts are full autism when it comes to this stuff. Good to know we are all fuckin losers though.

Test

icles

delet

Nice man

the fucking nyaaa

Why doesn't no one ever respond to my shit? Do I have to be a begging, click bait loser?

the bass is too loud

I guess you're right. The snare is loud as a bitch too.

It's actually pretty interesting, but there is too much bass one the left and right. Keep the bass in the center. Also pretty repetitive.

uploading new dubstep

youtube.com/watch?v=UgJnaoTkr6c

my newest dubstep track

dubstep 3

lol you're as lazy at photoshop as you are at making music

>clyp.it/pnuzexc0
not really. seems hard to actually rap over

Anyone make any microtonal electronic stuff? I was wanting to make something like this

youtu.be/J_4zr0Qk6o0

hate the glide bass. This sounds like a generic beat that a shitty rapper would rap over

clyp.it/iwvzihzf

Trying out out some stuff with noise captured from my window tonight.

use a different bass drum

Fuark that's gr8 m8, the snap/click feels out of place though

soundcloud.com/wifisfuneral/wifisfuneral-aw-shit

does anyone know what kind of bells that are being used in this song?

So I started working on these two tracks and was wondering if they could go anywhere. The 1st is kinda chill and the 2nd is trap i guess. I'm having a problem where the pad in the 1st track gets cut out when exporting it, is it clipping? Also please excuse the shitty guitar recording, still learning.
clyp.it/acwdo51y
clyp.it/nrinq45f

just finished this today, first actual released attempt at anything near bubblegum bass/pc music etc. etc.

curious about what people think of the mastering. i've never spent more time trying to get the mix just right.

clyp.it/1jnpmjfu

the kids these days, they're all gay homosexuals I tell you

fl studio is for the weak, real men use online sequencer. get on my level #gettingthere #watchmeclimb

onlinesequencer.net/454157

>clyp.it/1jnpmjfu
This is fucking gay, fuck future bass, fuck PC music(aka talentless hacks)

fuck the old hags talking shit bout future edm

This shit is lit senpai, labels like NightOwlCollective would love spontaneous shit like this.

this sounds cool, everyone is just whining because it's not an ugly wall of noise or a stolen sample with vinyl noise

how the fuck do you find clean acapellas?

it would be more interesting if you used less of the original vocals and added some more instr

what's the must have equipments for a bedroom producer?

a bedroom

a pc and some headphones are all you need. anything else is extra/luxury

you don't unless the artist has put them out somewhere, or you're important enough to ask them for it.

At least vaporwave was ironic, this shit is just retarded.

: )

>a pc and some headphones are all you need. anything else is extra/luxury

that's true actually, i dont have the headphones though. or at least decent ones

nice opinion 0:

first let me say I like this alot. I've listened to it 3 times so far and I still think it's great. the first time though at the beginning up until the first vocals end, I thought it was a little empty. but after listening to it again it feels like it fits well. I'm gonna listen to it a few more times. good work user.

>post modern architecture

fucking joke

ty friend, dude seems salty aas heck. and thanks for the rec, haven't heard of that label, will check it out.

:^)

thanks a bunch friend. yeah i'm all about empty space as somewhat of a contrast to the otherwise insanely complex rest of the song. glad it gets better with time :^)

what's a cool midi controller that won't fuck with my wallet

i dont want an akai mpk what am i a fucking casual

mellotron samples

look at novation or m-audio. or stop being a faggot and get an mpk because they are perfectly good midi controllers

no problem man. it makes sense how you arranged it. with so much going on in the song the beginning fits nice. it's my first time listening to something like this. what genre is this?

ok thanks and are they really? some user said they're made of cheap plastic or something

fuck, I just got an mpk 61.

Anyone knows why my the audio output on my Cubase is only coming from the left side of the stereo

i've got mpk mini and it's cool

because it's jewbase

no problems on my mac

Hey guys, I'd be really glad if you would check out this ambient track I've been working on today

clyp.it/22vgcjn1

It's pretty basic, static, boring and of course I haven't finished it, but some feedback would be nice

>*listens to maxo once*
but really a lot of this stuff sounds too similar. this is like a genre umbrella in of itself on soundcloud now, tooo many tracks like this.

don't spend time on the mix; move on to the next arrangement. cut yourself off from the pack and experiment so that you aren't doign the same shit as everyone else