I'm watching True Detective and I'm on episode 7 of season 2

I'm watching True Detective and I'm on episode 7 of season 2.

The *only* reason I watched season 2 was the hope that it was related to season 1 somehow. Gotta be honest, season 2 is a steaming hot pile of shit compared to season 1. I've got a single episode left: does it relate to season 1 in any way?

Did the same guy write season 1 that wrote season 2? It's following the exact same structure except with shittier characters and a less cohesive narrative.

what the fuck is up with season 2?

Yes

>inb4 contrarians flock to this thread to tell you how you're a pleb and season 2 was """""kino"""""

It was trash.

You ask way too many questions. Now wait for the contrarian retards to come and tell you how much better season 2 was.

Pizzaman wrote s1 over 10 years. He wrote s2 over a year.

s1 had Fukunaga. s2 didn't.

Absolutely everything was better in s1.

He wrote the first season over several years, and the second in less than a year.

The finale is really great, though.

there's always a contrarian here that will tell you Pizz had years to cultivate the narrative of season one as opposed to the single year he had for the second season without realize that's the exact same time, if not more so, EVERYBODY else gets to write a screenplay. the reality is that Pizz isn't that talented. he struck gold with the first season and showed his true colors with the second.

>The finale is really great, though.

How was the finale in any way satisfying? Apart from meaning you would never have to watch another episode.

s1 is miles better thans s2
but you must be very stupid to hate s2

When I was a kid my pops used to drop me off at grandads house. He was a drunk who beat my grandma and smokes ten packs a day. All he did was watch western movies, just watch and watch and watch them all day. Wouldn't even acknowledge i was alive because I looked like my father. Well guess what Ray? I'm the fucking cowboy now and he's dead. Giddy up.

lol. Caspere knew this

>notice king
HOLY FUCK
P O E T R Y
SO SUBTLE AND D33P

BRAVO PIZZA 10/10
GOD IS NOT REAL

No, there's no relationship between the events of seasons 1 and 2.

I admit I felt disappointed in season 2 the first time around. I marathoned it when I watched it a second time and liked it a lot more, but still felt a little bummed at how prosaic the plot was.

any god-tier tits in s2?

there's not really any main camera titty in s2. only side-titty

Nobody has a set time for writing, you spaz. What's important is the result, not how long it takes a writer to get there.

no but there are god tier venus dimples on rachel mcadams

>good writing
>green ears

Kekkely cuck

I liked the overall story in Season 2, corruption in Government over large scale works and everyone is working together no matter what side they are on.

But Season1 had better acting and chemistry.

Caspere knew this

i'm 7 episodes in and the only name i know is "Corvo" and one of the main characters apparently died and I didn't give a single stinking shit.

i can't even uncover the real story because it seems like the writer was going for "web of lies so thick not even I understand it" vibe.