Will there ever be a greater show made then this?

Will there ever be a greater show made then this?

Lol

Yes, there have been plenty.

The show obviously suffers in the second season where they tried to rush everything because they got cancelled early.

Spartacus.

I, Claudius

The first season of Rome is the pinnacle of television.

This 2bh

Is the 2nd season worth watching?

currently on episode 8 and can confirm

one of my favorite series ever but there is quite a few things i didnt like.
>homosex shit everywhere
>shaky cam fights
>strink women being the ultimate puppet masters (the civil war started because atia bought a horse, brutus killing caesar because muh mah, etc)
>"oy vey the romans are oppressing us, lets assassinate some jewish dude" arc that went nowhere
>literal cucking
>that terrible woman that plays the leader of the sandsnakes is in it
>got really boring and dull in the periods between when caesar won the civil war and when he was assassinated
>mark antony felt really overpowered in the second season, but then suddenly lost everything offscreen
>the child octavian was a better actor than the older one
>octavian was constantly spouting exposition with amazing foresight
>didnt really do much to highlight what made octavian become augustus and gain so much power, he was just suddenly like We Wuz Caesar now

lets face it if it aired now Sup Forums would be screaming bloody murder about the feminist shit.

RALLY TO ME

>>got really boring and dull in the periods between when caesar won the civil war and when he was assassinated

You didn't like seeing Caesar's Triumph or the episode in Egypt?

>mfw spent 10 hours straight yesterday watching rome season 1 for the first time while alternating between wine and coffee

>while alternating between wine and coffee
how fucked was your stomach

waking up today was hell

Yes.

Oh Neptune's scourge?

is this the best character in cinematic history?

TRVE ROMAN BREAD
FOR TRVE ROMANS

ALL MOCKERY OF JEWS AND THEIR ONE GOD MUST BE KEPT TO AN APPROPRIATE MINIMUM

> ywn be a fat town crier on the eve of the Roman Principate

Never seen this show. Wish it was on netflix but no HBO.

Is it truly worth the DL? I like shows with more seasons and why did it get cancelled if good?

Just finished it yesterday, I think it's worth a watch. Only like twenty episodes so it's really not that big of a commitment. Not entirely sure why it got cancelled, I'd assume a mixture of financials and the fact that after Octavian vs Antony was the Pax Romana, so the show would have pretty much had to fast forward to Old Augustus and basically just redo I, Claudius and cover the various lives of the Julio-Claudian dynasty (not that I would have minded).

Not who you replied to, but the civil war ends later than Egypt, there's the defeat of Cato and Scipio at Thapsus (and a campaign in Iberia that isn't covered in the show)

Notoriously expensive.

>we will never see Augustus flying into autistic fits of rage about Varus losing his legions

>Quintili Vare, legiones redde!