Was Sup Forums ever great?

Was Sup Forums ever great?

how can something be great if it was never even good?

no.

No it was always complete shit. Great stuff came out of it sometimes, especially in the earlier days (2007-2011) but it was always shitty.

>hacked Sara Palin's phone
>hacked Time poll to get moot on most influential list
>hacked America to get Trump elected
still is

how can something be something if it was never even a thing ?

then why you're here?

Yes but in a specific niche. Sup Forums was great because it was a place people who couldn't get along in other online communities found themselves.

post-chanology (2007 and onward) it's just been slightly edgier facebook/reddit/imgur/whatever

Sup Forums was the final nail in the coffin of Sup Forums ever being good

Quality of this website doesn't matter.
It's the good images that get to us.

> says the nigger with the fucking deepthroat slimegirl

It was before chanology newfag

Why hell thar

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

It was until you got here.

Wut?

Sup Forums is dead, whatever you're posting on now isn't Sup Forums, it's simply it's half rotten, maggot infested corpse.
Sup Forums was a glorious, brilliant and mind-expanding creation. It took the moral values that we held and tore them apart, inserted over 9000 hilariously sick images, sewed us back up again and sent us on our way to cause havoc across the internet.
The arrival of the pure and perfect title of Anonymous is one of the masterstrokes of our lifetime. Sup Forums would never be just another image board, it would be a social experiment.
In our lives every move we make is scrutinized closely and can damage us. We are restricted in what we can say, do and importantly.... laugh at. But what if you could have a place where everyone was anonymous? Where people never feared retribution, isolation or permanent damage. What if there was a place in which people could say what they liked, post what they liked, laugh at what they liked and no one would ever know it was them. It changed us all and gave the sickest amongst us a chance to be acknowledged and praised that could be achieved nowhere else. Anonymous is legion is one of the most overused phrases around but it is entirely and utterly true. The success of one was the success of all. We did not take credit for our work because we knew our Sup Forumsrothers would provide next time.
Sup Forums flourished and didn't just push people's boundaries, it knocked them down. Then it began to suffer from what all good things eventually suffer from, its own success.
Anons broke the sacred rules and told their friends, those friends told their friends. Every week more and more meme-spouting, "EPIC"-screaming newf*gs appeared and killed everything that was good about Sup Forums. They saw screencaps of the great moments in its short history and thought that if they spent 20 minutes on the board they'd see something just as amazing, and when they didn't they tried to make it happen.

Huh?

The jokes that were brutally funny when they first appeared were thrown around like so many old tennis balls, bouncing less and less each time.
Sup Forums rotted from the inside and pouring over it now is like trying to suck milk from a dead cow. You might get something that was once milk, and if you turn off all your senses you might imagine to be milk but it sure as f*** isn't milk.
Let its memory be sacred in the as yet unwritten tomes of internet history. Don't do to it what has been done to so many good things over the ages, drag them on for so long that people forget what it was that made them so good at the start. All that can be said for what remains of Sup Forums is that it started makin' trouble in my neighbourhood. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared and said, "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air." I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare but I thought no forget it, yo home to Bel-Air.

Shut da rug up u migger faggot

It was, until the newfags started showing up.

>I found it
>Everyone calm down
I WILL NOT CALM DOWN DAMMIT

Yes. Yes, it was.

Nah, but it was highly entertaining for quite some time. Then the raids, OC, and just about anything else interesting slowly got replaced with generic nudes and rolling threads.

While nothing good ever came from Sup Forums, for the past 4 years, nothing funny has come from it either.

some faggots broke rule 1 and 2
I bet there isn't a single oldfag left of this website... Sup Forums is dead

yes

Not an old fag, but Ive been here since 2008
It seems once you first enter the realm of the "Sup Forums" everything seems sparkly and new and amazing. But as time goes on the veil is lifted from your eyes and realize just how shit everything really is. And over time the overall quality of the board gets worse and worse as the cancer spreads and takes that which you once loved. The newfags dont understand that what they love is just cancer. Which begs the question. What if it's always just been cancer?

Used to be alright, until the media got wind of it, then or the normal fags came and complained. Then the FBI made moot hire feminist moderators now every good thread gets purged

Parts of 4chanwereandare pretty great. Can't judge the place by Sup Forums.

kill yourself

MARBLECAKEALSOTHEGAME.

>hell there

Nice fail. If intentional, +2 to Gryffindor.

Holy fuckin crap we been Bel-Aired.

I first started coming here just before That Fucking Cat took off. Old-ish.

No

what was that?