you did the fucking OP based on yourself dude

stop bumping just so people watch you

hmm let me post myself too
youtu.be/Jkn8EE1AbvI

Bumping for what faggot?

How much is this worth?

shut up and leave

20$
Mad you're constantling buying new delay pedals trying to sound good clean?

worst start to a /gg

probably 600 idk

Pussy doesn't even post himself
Love it when the noobs get mad at good players

op is a faggot

what are you talking about? theres no delay in there. guitar is straight to the amp and theres no delay added after recording. are you jealous of my clean playing? btw its not all clean, its a little crunch'd

it's me on the vid, and i play better than you

youtu.be/3cEUMBKaSuk

I just make shitty noises by jamming twist ties and screwdrivers between the strings.

why you do that

>show off your playing

bendin strings yo

vimeo.com/78045680

ever tried tried putting a clip on the very beginning of the string so it buzzes and sounds like a sitar

based sperg

you posted that video as a reply once, didnt know it was an actual /gg/ poster

54, 57/62 or 69? why?

Fuck me guys this all really good!

Why wouldn't I do it? We already have enough wanky Blues players and shredders in the world.

I think I have like once or twice, the only issue with that is making sure the clips don't move around too much.

That be me.

To be honest, I didn't like the 54 CS pickups all that much so I changed then for Fender SCNs.

>wanky Blues players and shredders

fuck those guys right in the fucking ear

fucking LEARN it lads

youtube.com/watch?v=Stnj22gHopU

>Kiss

shitty fucking shit-tier dadrock shit

that was recorded with
zoom g1x > bass amp > miked with headset

early albums wasnt shitty dad-rock like the "love it loud" song and other songs is

oh no

that one was recorded with that orange boss distortion pedal thats seen on the bottom right

it was borrowed and had it laying around that day

Hi, bass player here. Should i even bother checking out these threads anymore?

That solo

youtu.be/qWW-ToNpOTQ

No. Because our show-off OP destroyed it all. Probably next threads will be much less movimented because of this one.

sure why not

I suck dick at guitar. How do I git gud? I've been dabbling for a few years and can tool around okay but not much more.

Any recommendations for good online lessons?

do whatever makes you happy

suck my dick instead of guitar's and i will give you lessons

stop dabbling and put some real fucking effort in

Just practice

>mfw i only got gud because i didnt have to do effort
I'm a piece of shit

Please give me your address, I need lessons

I've been attempting to play at least 20 minutes a day. I've been trying to just play songs that I like and maybe learning random techniques and scales here and there. Do you guys think that's okay?

Teach me your ways

spend all day with guitar in hands listening to music and reading articles on guitar and music general over the internet

20 minutes? Lord no. I'm not even a guitarist primarily and even I do 30 minutes a day. That's on top of 3 hours a day on piano.

You get out of it what you put into it.

Yes, also talk about bass so I have something to reply to.

>attempting to play at least 20 minutes a day

Back in the day when I was NEET, I used to get up at 11am, have breakfast, play til 7pm, notice I hadn't eaten and I was feeling light headed, have some food, play til 9pm, watch tv, go to bed. Did that for years, got gud. If you can't play for at least an hour every day then you're wasting your time and you might as well sell your guitar because you will never learn anything.

You can get a lot done in 20 minutes if you concentrate on one thing at a time, but I would reccomend practicing for much longer, albeit with regular breaks.

Also, join a band or start one when you feel confident enough, I found that I learned a lot more within the context of a good band when I started playing bass. It can really help in terms of motivation.

20 minutes? Sounds like you aren't motivated

Play more than 20 fucking minutes in a day. Why do you want to get better at guitar? Because either you've got the busiest schedule anyone's ever had, or the amount you feel like playing guitar every day is 20 minutes, and if that's how little you want to play, what's it matter how good you are, you obviously don't really give a shit

Ill take this opportunity to ask you a question then, ive been playing for 4 months and both me and my instructor feel i need new strings, They go out of tune quickly and are real loose which makes playing up higher a real bitch.

The thing is Im working on a real nice heirloom bass from '79 with a custom pickup it sounds great and I don't want to disgrace my dead uncle by putting on some shit strings.

What should I buy

Great sound. What are those pickups ? Look kinda like rick pickups, or some of the ones from old Eastwoods

Just did a string change on my acoustic. New strings are fucking awesome. I will have to record a clyp later.

Thanks! I have no idea what sort of pups these are as there is almost no information out there on these guitars, my only guess is that they're a variant on the gold foil pups you see on other cheap guitars from the era like Teisco.

>Today's progress
>5 hours of sanding
>17 hours total

Took the paint off the neck but it turns out there's a thick sealer below that. This is gonna be a fucking pain in the ass.

>What should I buy

Curt mangan.

Yeah, that was my thought, I've been half-arse-dly trying to find a guitar with them, but it seems not all of them kept their sound quality

why you sanded the neck? i think youre excited and going to far

>gibson

>Gibson
You retards don't get tired of shitposting, do you?

>this much effort on a Chinese plywood POS guitar

what bass? post a pic from the side so I can see the neck

Yeah they can be really inconsistent with their build quality, it doesn't help that they're going up in price now as well, which is something I partially blame folks like Mac Demarco and Ry Cooder for. I bought mine from a Cash Converters for about £80, but I've seen them go for twice that on eBay, and even more for the two pickup variant. I personally think it ruins the charm because whilst these sorts of guitars look and sound quirky they have some of the worst build quality. I genuinely can't stand the neck on this Jedson (or it might just be the string spacing, I have no clue desu), and I can't do much about intonation either due to the bridge just being a solid lump of metal, which is why I use it for stuff like this.

If you can find one dirt cheap go for it, but you'll have to scour a lot of pawn shops. It might be a lot easier if you live in the States, but here in the UK the market for stuff like this is virtually nonexistant.

How difficult is it nowadays to create an original piece in 4/4 without resorting to 9ths etc?

>This much effort on being a shitstain and not improving your instruments/playing
I think the guy is doing alright. Mods like this + quality hardware can only raise the resale value if the guitar was only $150 to begin with, assuming you know how to set it up nicely.

i like it

>I was born into money and only play custom shop models hurrrr
I hate /gg/.

>All this autism

reminder that Chinese shitplanks aren't made of plywood

Will this damage the guitar or not?
Will i risk it if i do the same thing on my $600 les paul?

How's that Mitchell?

/r/ pic of guitar before you started sanding pls

>Will this damage the guitar or not?
So far the neck still feels solid. As far as I know it is glued from all the sides so I don't think it would come off that easily for just reshaping the part where your hand plays.
>Will i risk it if i do the same thing on my $600 les paul?
-Will I risk IT?
Unless it has binding, probably not, read above.
-Will I risk my money?
YES. Do it only if you never plan to resell it.

It was a regular Les Paul joint. This is the first picture I took when I started.

i have a telecaster. but my band mate has it in his house rn. and i mainly play drums.

consensus is yes, with $600 to play with you can easily sell and buy a neck through

What the fuck is that

The originality isn't in the progression, if that's what you're asking.

That Raven, muh Washburn Rover, she's pretty loud and crispy for a little gal, better than the Martin travel guitars by a long shot imo

Is the only difference between a Jazz and Flea bass that fact that a flea sounds like shit?

>19 frets
vomit

did you remove the strings for that

i have just put new strings on mine, i didnt even play since
dont want to lose the set of strings while doing it

cause i wont be able to leave in the case while doing the sanding job because of dirt
so they will rust

You're doing work on your guitar, but you're worried about losing a $5 set of strings?

Of course I removed the strings. I removed everything, the guitar is just wood right now. You can't do that kind of shit with electronics in, unless you want to to have to repair more stuff.

Always wait until you need a string change to do mods.

im poor, a set of strings is $25 of money here

Nah dude I completely understand him. I would hate to lose my new strings just for being impatient.

Plus you heard the man we third worlders don't get US prices on shit. Although $25 does seem a bit of an exaggeration. Ernie Balls are $7 for me, it still hurts because they used to be $4.50.

It's better than the 700$ Yamaha I was looking at. It doesn't feel as smooth but the sound tone is much much better

post shit that makes your head spin

youtube.com/watch?v=xvlO2F_RBkY

how is he such a genius?

I was like that with my Big Baby Taylor and my OE-20 at first but I learned to love that hardness, smooth guitars just feel too smooth to feel it, nah mean?

Wiess = best girl

I know exactly what you mean. That one was only 300$ and you can feel the sound in the air whereas the Taylor was just weak sounding

Op here
I'm also building a guitar

Fender Musicmaster Bass

Quality is shit cuz Android, if you need another angle I'll take another

>You can't do that kind of shit with electronics in, unless you want to to have to repair more stuff.
for eletronics you just put tape over stuff to prevent wood from falling at them

Yeah i should of mentioned 25 of a cheap currency
Its like 7 or 8 usd here. Same price of there

>neil young
>rocknroll composer, sloppy player

>genius

My Big Baby Taylor is really warm and crisp sounding (it could be because it's one from the early 90s to), I thought the regular Babys are to, but that's comparing them to the Martins I've tried

youre not OP

The mitchel sounds almost identical to Led Zeppelin 12 string songs and it was actually 280$ so not bad

I'm tempted now, I've always been curious about Mitchels, I noticed them taking the place of the average First Acts and Deans I would see in the entry level price range, glad to hear they're pretty good

Screenshot of ops video

I can buy this PRS Custom slightly used for 650 CAD (or two weeks worth of groceries in america). I don't have a humbucker guitar. Convince me not to buy it.

It was an impulse buy so it's pretty damn good