What is everyone's honest opinion about religion?

What is everyone's honest opinion about religion?

its like a dick,dont shove it down my throat

It's the reason for 50% of the world's problems. That's being conservative

I think you'd pretty much have to be a retard to not be at least agnostic. I mean, open your fucking eyes and realize how fucking weird the world around you is. It's an infinite mindfuck that no one knows the precise origin of. No matter how far science goes, there will always be the Unknown, the thing that started at the beginning of the cosmos and will forever remain the deepest, forever unanswerable fundamental mystery of existence. That's God.

Nice trips, my liege.

Fucking kek

Ho-hum...God of the gaps. There's a huge leap from "we don't know yet" to "must have been a magical sky creature that is overly concerned with what I do with my genitals"

satan trying to get a grasp on his next visitors

As someone whose had both...The dick is much more pleasurable

Not to mention "This is how we think the world works" to "BURN THE GAYS ALIVE KILL THEM THEY ARE AN ABOMINATION!"

I aint telling you shit, Lucifer

nice try satan

I own this shirt so I think you know where I stand

Religion is really fucking sad because half of all religious people would be assholes without it, and the other half are assholes because of it.

A collection of stories used to teach basic morals. It's not bad, until people think it's more than just stories

1) It provides a means to clear the consciences of people who want to sanctimoniously serve themselves.
2) It provides a set of rules and hope to desperate people who need guidance with authority.
3) It provides tax shelters for an easy way to make absurd amounts of money by conning well-meaning believers.

wow I hope you don't actually wear that, are you 14?

I spent most of my life deeply religious but it left me unfulfilled and extremely depressed, when you feel like human nature is a sin then you'll feel guilt for the rest of your life, when you're devout you don't just ask forgiveness, you have to actively pray and try and change your behavior but when you're a 16 year old boy you can't change your biological imperative to breed.

I'm Atheist now, I don't care that people or religious but I feel like society will be better off once we abandon it as a society and planet and commit our ideals to individual freedom and a society where everyone has a place. But instead we're gonna be stuck with Tribalism and religion is a part of why we're so tribal, but not the only reason.

If you don't believe, you won't succeed

>you have more fun as a follower
>but make more as a leader

ayy the trips have spoken, he is indeed 14

Opiate of the masses.

Only Jehovah and Kristna can save us during the apocalypse

I have worn it. Wore it to a Goatwhore concert not too long ago. I figured it would be a good counter attack to the Fucked by Satan shirts that were a plenty.

Not 14. Nearly 3 times that age. Don't be offended because your religion is stupid

Tool for few to manipulate masses. Lord is my Shepard.

Seconded. I was really religious as a teenager and it was a stain on my life for years afterwards. I wasn't sure I would ever be able to have sex or have fun with my friends at a party without feeling like a piece of shit for it. It's seriously fucked up that they use something that's supposed to be good for brainwashing kids into thinking they'll go to hell just for being a fucking human being.

immature pitting of one group against another

if you are religious - you're not helping

Watch Jesus Camp if you haven't already. Basically my childhood

I'm agnostic dude. And I'm not offended. You don't think that shirt is a bit immature for someone who's been a grown ass adult for 20 years? Lol. That's some edgy teenage goth shit.

That's freaky user...coming from a nonreligious person who grew up in a nonreligious house.those kids and those people in that movie were fucked on jesus faggotory

Having a conscience is scientific proof of our divinity. It is unnatural and unearthly and is not supported by the known human history.

Wow, how have you been doing recovering from being raised like that?

I worship Death.
All those other ones that preach eternal life are full of shit.
We write comedies, tragedies, thrillers, action movies, love stories all revolving around death. and we love it.
Death is what fuels our economy.
Taking life and how you take life makes you iconic in society.
We all will one day die.

>opiate of the masses
And the masses NEED it.
Christianity was our shield against Islamic barbarism and degenerate secular inhumanity.
We delved too greedily and too deep.

>inb4 muh crusades muh evils of christianity
Christianity did not CAUSE the evils of mankind, it TEMPERED them.

it works fine for well adjusted individuals seeking only to improve themselves based on a moral code.

for people who require validation or need to feel superior, it is just a tool to fuel conflict and justify their actions.

I have several religious friends. The ones I can't stand are mostly ignorant and stupid. The intelligent ones seem to have their shit together and at times I even envy his faith

It's fucking retarded. *tips fedora*

I'm an atheist btw
>but I understand that I am an outlier, 140 IQ

Religion is the worst. It's just horrendously bad. Very overrated.

>"magical sky creature"

that's tantamount to anthropomorphization.

there isn't an actual being. God is more like a "force" to agnostics.

Lord-Emperor Trump is a just and wise god.

Agnostic/diest here.

If god exists, he set the world in motion but he can not or will not change the narrative of the universe. If the universe is a library, god is reading his favourite novel.

A life without sadness, without misery, would be a boring life. If everyone felt there was no point, then they'd kill themselves. Misery is our entertainment. Our motivation for a better life.

Cringe thread?

religion was basically a precurser to science,a way of trying to explain the world around them. but now, its a way for ppl to take your money, shove their prejudice down your throat, and a way to sit on your ass and hope someone else solves all your problems for you.

You don't understand the meaning of agnostic.
You're thinking of Jedis

Anyone got this pic without all the bullshit on it

I believe it just Jedi not Jedis
Jedi acts as a singular and plural form because Jedi are merely vessels of the Force.

If it wasn't like this, it'd be another way. And still you'd think that that's proof of some type of God.

This is just downright cringe. Nobody is offended but old white people. Everyone else just thinks you're extremely immature.

had a near death experience
left my body
flew through space
"saw" an energy - star-being eyeball-octopus , that was waiting to consume me, and all of us

it didnt care what I believed death was going to be like
it didnt care, whether I believed in it, or anything else.
it didnt express the slightest concern for whether I had done any one of any list of actions which were right or wrong by anyone's standards.
it didn't know what my name was, but it told me what it really was, with "sound".
and I knew, with that, that once I was done dying, I'd be one with it, and we would know what we did. that would be purgatory, then hell, then heaven.

There is no plausible reason to believe in God, the only reason is because you were taught about it from an authority figure when you were young and impressionable or you were at a very weak moment in life and someone slipped you the religion placebo and you fell for it.

The most plausible way to approach believing in god is to say "a god may exist or a god possibly exists", but to say "My god exists" and then discredit all other gods for no reason is biased. What reason is your god more plausible than any other god, because more people believe it, because you've "personally felt" god in your life? There's absolutely nothing that makes jehovah anymore plausible than zeus, one of those gods just one the natural selection of the gods and gets to exist today.

You want to believe in god and that's perfectly fine but you should know that trying to convince anyone who isn't a believer in your god is meaningless because their god is obviously the true god because daddy said so and they had a vaguely supernatural experience that proves it to them. Trying to convince an atheist (not edgy 14 year old atheists) that your god is real is a wasted effort, it's a joke, your god is no different than any other and all arguments you make "before the big bang, consciousness, morality, ect.) are baseless and easily refutable and brushed off if you aren't attached to the leash of religion.

that humans, by nature, are fallable and aren't capable of comprehending an omniscient/omnipotent being.

but for real, there's a real dichotemy between believing in ann old bearded man watching us from the sky and an ethereal force or consciousness.

hell, some just call unconditional love and true compassion "God"

had a similar experience on alot of cough syrup

When I was 3 years old my moms boyfriend gave her a hotshot and kidnapped me. He taught me to "caveman" women. You just grab one you like after stalking her for awhile and pounce on her for 2mins. Sometimes Frank would kill them but i never would. I liked to see them in the streets again. Either way Frank told me this is how we would please our God. He taught me that male dominance needed to be asserted and that the law hindered our natural primal urges weresuppressing our animalistic instincts. It made God angry when we didn't give into our urges

...maybe you died?

Religion gets perverted by negative forces from within, so you have to weed past all of the bullshit and find the truth, find the true God. A good way to start is by reading the religious texts so you know them.

Religion is bullshit. All of them. There have never been any gods nor will be.

Its stupid.

Fuck Trump

To each to his own satan.

its retarded and gay and all people who believe in god should die i mean honestly fuck all christians and muslims and jews their all stupid faggot niggers who should all be gassed fucking retarded pieces of shit all believing in some old books writen like two years ago lol what a bunch of dumbass niggers xD

Maybe. Deaths been one hell of a trip then if were goin from that day. Im more likely cursed with Immortality.

>This is what religious people think Atheists are like.

Your heresy has been noted. As penance you must venture forth and slap a flamboyant homosex.

Why not believe in god? Either he's not real, and you receive nothing for being right upon death, or he is real and you spend the afterlife in heaven.

>implying you can trick God by pretending to believe in him

Pascal is an idiot.

>Pascal is an idiot.

he had a nice triangle

Wow. That's brilliant. Did you come up with that on your own?
There are so many issues with this. Most notably the assumption that the choice is binary. Which one of the 2000 plus documented gods. Are you going to believe in?

it's something people honestly can't change about themselves. go ahead for a second and try to believe in my new religion that says sarah palin is the next coming of jesus. try as you might, you can't, and even if you cou'd, why would you WANT to try if you thought trying would send you to hell?

this, exactly, you can't choose to believe.

he worships himself.

Yes in my Gaylord opinion the best religion to do that shit on is sumting like Buddhism n shit

>implying we don't live in a computer simulation