Prove you're a real cinephile and not an idiot, cultureless, middle school edgelord by recommending a film. Pic related

Prove you're a real cinephile and not an idiot, cultureless, middle school edgelord by recommending a film. Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zXsb266Vm7I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

La Haine

Tokyo Drifter

Yojimbo

Big booty hoes, vol. 3

M

Guardians of the Galaxy

Avengers 2

The Room

This.

Fuck off back to Sup Forums. No one gives a shit. "Cultureless" is a matter of fucking opinion. You're literally smug that people don't like what you like, you fucking hipster.

Also, Winnie The Pooh's Adventures.

Wisconsin Death Trip

A Serbian Film

Freaks

Daisy's Destruction

is this from one of those naked gun movies?

Yes, I don't jerk off to pew-pew-pew-Imma-shootin-mah-lazar. Guess that makes me a snob. Enjoy your superhero masterpiece, Cletus.

Shopping

In Bruge

yeah tho, OP is pretty pretentious. i like movies with meaning and shit but i need fun shit to tide me over also

Pretentious twaddle. You might as well recommend Sideways.

lol at least super hero movies are in color faggot

Beetlejuice

fuck off tard - inb4 hard to be a god, singapore sling, stalker, gogo second time virgin, valerie and her week of wonders, eraser head, etc - drive gone atm - all nicolas winding refns for the casuals.

Greed (1924)

I found it oddly compelling

>Cletus
Aww, that's cute. "I'm so very offended, oh no! What ever will I do?"
Nah, you're a snob for missing the entire fucking point of entertainment and asserting that the only values a movie can have is if it makes YOU PERSONALLY entertained. Here's a surprise for you: DIFFERENT people like DIFFERENT things. If someone is entertained by entertainment, it has done it's job. Period.

Adding colour to something like Night of the Hunter would be like adding 3d effects to Starry Night to make it "more realistic." In other words: you're a mouth-breathing, spray cheez-gobbling clod.

thanks for the recommendation, looks really good from imdb and wikipedia!

allways wondered why "hard to be a god" is not Sup Forumss favourite movie.*

why should i have to prove i'm a real cinephile when i don't even claim to be one

on the contrary movies suck, they're nothing but dolled-up propaganda

>in other words STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIKE REEEEEEE
Sit the fuck down, kiddo. I'm sure your mother will deliver your tendies soon.

>cinephile
implying every movie you've ever seen hasn't gone through a dozen committees of business fags and focus groups just to make sure you think it's good "art". All movies are garbage user. read a fucking book and quit being a corporate american tool.

Das weiße Band, Eine deutsche Kindergeschichte

Moscow on the Hudson

>i only like text-based movies

>tard
Oh boy, words hurt. I think I'm gonna cry.
Ha. You keep on enjoying having your head up your ass. If entertainment entertains someone, it has done its job. Period.

This movie is great. If your becoming more open to great films that aren't necessarily based on comic book characters, car chases and explosions (or all three) try watching this, M, Lonely are the Brave, Rashomon, Paths of Glory and others. Look for films with meaning that are directed by recognized masters of thier craft. You wont be disappointed.

The General

>START READING BOOKS YOU SON OF A FAGGOT - I RECOMMEND WALTER BENJAMIN'S "THE WORK OF ART IN THE AGE OF MECHANICAL REPRODUCTION". SO YOU CAN DEFINE HOLLYWOOD AND CINEMA OR FILM / MOVIES AS TWO ASFUCKED DIFFERENT THINGS!

Love Fritz Lang. Peter Lorre was a just great.
Forrest Gump. =O
Anything by John Ford. The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.

BLUE VELVET YOU SHITHEAD

There are even masterful action films if you know where to look. I'm thinking of Das Boot or Enemy at the Gate.

Fantastic Planet

>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE REEEEEEEEEE
Seriously, chill out. I'm sure your tendies will be there any moment.

2 good german movies here. lahaine - french also called.

The anvil hoarder

Harakiri (1962)

Me and my brother went see it recently itss really good you should check it out

Kiss of Death(1947)
Richard Widmark in one of the greatest film villain roles in history, and the greatest slap ever recorded. Also an old lady in a wheelchair goes sailing down a flight of stairs.

>>SALO /Thread

ITT: hipster faggots

That one Japanese movie that's black and white and there are samurai swords and stuff.

There are a surprising number of cinephiles with cultured taste on Sup Forums. What the actual FUCK are you doing here?!

kill yourself

seven samurai

Das Boot is the intimate study of a group of professional submariners under unbelievable stresses that normal people in normal times will never experiences. It is not an action movie. Sorry.

Chungking Express

Also, here's the movie, you monsters...
youtu.be/zXsb266Vm7I

The Hebrew Hammer

The wages of fear
Bridge over the river kwai
Cinema Paradisio
Strictly Ballroom
Oldboy (park)
Barry Lyndon
Das Boot

T
H
F U C K I N G
S

Looking for Pussy pics, chicks with dicks and QT's spreading their toes ... amount other things.

>playing the tendies card
>as an insult
>on Sup Forums

Iv'e seen all of these multiple times. this is a good list.

Shota

>Bridge over the river kwai
Not even the best Second World War film. Do you even The Great Escape? Or Midway? Or The Dirty Dozen? Or Enemy at the Gate?

ender's game

Inception

12 angry men

austin power 2.

Thanks. Strictly Ballroom is so good. then he started making crap IMHO

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought this was a thread for high and mighty snobs who think their opinions are better than anyone else's, in which case, it would still be an insult because it's dragging them back down to the level of the board.

I'd like to see The Great Leslie try that one

>intimate study of a group of professional submariners
eeeeyyyyeee wouldn't really use any of those words. It's a (fairly accurate) depiction of what serving on a Uboat in WW2 would be like. I've been on the one they have displayed in chicago. It's not pleasant to think about. I also got the impression that a few of the sailors in that movie were vets but the majority were young lads that just signed up and didn't know how harsh it would be. A fine film none the less. long tho.
>not an action movie
agreed

I like all of those but the end of bridge over the river kwai is so good.

Have you seen tora! Tora! Tora!

How about empire of the sun?

The greatness film ever made on the subject of revenge. It's messed up.

How about red zone Cuba?

victoria imo best casual 2016.
german one

literal faggot.
Bridge is better by a mile

Madness!

Madness!........
Madness!

Hateful 8

Sir Billi

Lol

Eraserhead, if you like surrealism. If you've never watched a David Lynch film before though, you might find it unwatchable.

Tora! Tora! Tora! is pretty good, but I wasn't impressed by Empire of the Sun. Too maudlin and trite. Films which set out to be "classics" generally aren't.

another b movie - "irreversible"
"come and see" as the best war movie there is

I agree. It was fairly well shit if a bit uninspired in places

No one seen The Wages of Fear or the French remake The Sorcerer?

Not even close. Lucky Number Slevin and Cape Fear -- both versions -- are worlds better.

The Master
Lost in Translation
Being John Malkovich

a space odyssey 2001
blade runner
fightclub
ghost dog
american psycho
city of god
sin city 1+2
there will be blood
my hollywoods :)

Doubt

>le books are better than movies meme

The Professional

>ghost dog
Sinfully underrated. One of my favourite films and I've seen it more than a dozen times.