Sup Forums i am a talented programmer and aspiring game developer who is down on inspiration and drive

Sup Forums i am a talented programmer and aspiring game developer who is down on inspiration and drive.

spent months developing the framework for a highly moddable pvp fly-em-up with twisted metal style combat mechanics but a game so extremely similar in concept was released by an actual team of devs that I've given it up (though learned a lot from it.)

Any good game ideas Sup Forums?
I'll prototype it in 20 minutes if it sounds good.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KuiK6a7d5jk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I'll prototype it in 20 minutes if it sounds good.
so it has to be something simple then? uh...

cerebral palsy sim

A game like chess, but better.

well, i mean, no, I am just confident that the main, profound "game" of any idea could be boiled down to:
a) a basic character controller and thing to control
+
b) things for the player object to interact with
+
c) mathematical equations and conditional statements defining the "rules" , or game / AI behaviours

anything, at least 99% of not profoundly original and unique ideas, can be boiled down to that, and anything more time consuming (like a game with a million items) would be list-based, the interactions for items in that list could be prototyped in about half an hour

NEET simulator. I can already see it greenlighted on steam going for 4.99

A modern rendition of Leisure Suit Larry

Concentration Camp Simulator

You play the role of SS guards who need to keep your prisoners in line
Feed them
Make them work
Give them showers
etc

k, that's just programming, what're doing for models and animations, or all these all just text adventures?

Make a game like Wii Sports Resort but open world

i am practicing modeling as I go.
I can engineer and edit sound, video, and animate my models, and have even dabbled in 2D animation.

and to append:
prototyping usually uses basic shapes and graphics to implement the "gameplay" before much time is put into asset creation, or at least implementation

I'm gonna be steeping into the world of programming for a living soon. Any advice you can give to this newfag? About the game idea, how about a dating sim but you use the mechanics to fight againsts things(MGQ) that rape you if you lose.

dang, sorry about that bro.
I always wanted to make a game and been dabbling for 14 fukking years but work and school always take up most of my time.

I'm trying to make a small game that takes a few elements from many games- Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Final Fantasy, Cthulhu.

I digress.

I would like a simple idea too. I have sfml, lua and Visual Studio all ready to go. nothing better to do tonight so mind if I hitch-hike on your thread OP?

neat, ok, since I just checked and couldn't find much, how about a fish sim? Not an aquarium management or any bullshit like that, but an honest to god play as a fish the way a fish would live in real life simulator, any species.

advice? i guess, have a job besides that, because until you get greenlit, and even then only if it's a good enough product to get attention, the profitability of this talent seems far off.
as for your game idea - I don't want my game banned from Twitch.

no.
lol, but no.
what? i'll google it.
hmm. idk.

>aquarium management or any bullshit like that
you take that back. I've been praying for a realistic aquarium simulator with growing plants, real fish species. guess what, there are none!

lol. fish survival.
i have "wildlife critter survival" prototyped. i ditched it because of issues with bipedal kinematics.

it was pretty much unturned but you were an animal with an attack (I have fox with a bite, bunny with a kick) with a stamina, hunger, HP system, and weather / rain / flood / day/night controller system with events, a very impressive camera controller that I've been using for other projects....Plugging a fish into that would be fun

There are a lot of tank shit and fishing outback / bassfishing / bumblefuck trailer trash pandering garbage for decades, I want to be THE fish.

a streets of rage game in 3d where you control each limb and headbutt with 5 different keys. make combo's like street fighter. make it 2 player co-op.

yeah that sounds boring as shit....
i guess I want a PVP game idea

hitchhike away. i'm here if you need help with your idea.

here is a video of my crack at a crafting / survival game.
youtube.com/watch?v=KuiK6a7d5jk

Squirrel simulator please

that is an idea I contemplate every night. every time I see a squirrel, I think, programatically, what a squirrel controller would be like.

it would need scanning ray casts from each paw to find a branch to snap onto. making levels navigable in ways that squirrels do would be a nightmare.

but it is. a good idea.

samefag

Everybody likes Squirrels

you got a gamejolt account?

no, but i will google it i guess.

just somewhere to post the prototype once you finish

also checked

Are u perhaps interested in pixel art? If yes, i have ideas for a game similair yo enter the gungeon/binding of isaac that sort of jazz

>faggot learns python or unity or some shit
>im a talent programer and ispire game developer

good luck

Teach me to make games desu

this is literally the worst thing I've ever seen

make a game where you are the head of isis and have to recruit young islamophone and send them in missions to take down the infidels

Remake club penguin

Any updates?

Simple FPS MMO.

history street fighter

probably more art and story based than actual programming but

damn would i have fun fighting joseph stalin as abe lincoln etc

I rolled trips and op didn't deliver fuck this shit

Rolling.

nigger sim u got to say awww shiet dawg

post-apoc 4x civilisation game.

player controls units going out into a ruined wasteland, mapping, making safe, and creating trade routes, while the players expand their empires and go from post-apoc shacks and mad-max style wasteland through to a gleaming renaissance future-tech.

Make a prototype of a game where you are a developer who is completely full of shit and claims he can whip up a game prototype in 20 minutes.