This movie opened to 46 million and strong reviews

Feig's best box office performance yet!

This despite all the hate from misogynists like Roeper and AVGN.

How does girl power make you feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/news/paul-feig-why-men-arent-449025
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Must make $500,000 to break even

JUST

It already made $500,000 and then some.

Who's the cuck on the floor and why is he on the floor?

what the fuck, who is this faggot?

some faggy kike

If Feig made a small budget chick flick like his usual, it would have been good news for him and the studio.
Now it's just a flop that will never make it's money back.

He's the based feminist director , Paul Feig,

zug zug

hollywoodreporter.com/news/paul-feig-why-men-arent-449025
He is a made a remake of Ghostbusters to prove his point that men aren't funny.

Director getting his male privilege checked.

PRODUCTION cost $144MM

ADVERT BUDGET cost $88MM (NBA finals were a huge waste)

Weekend Gross = $46MM

I like this movie, but SONY has some work to just to sniff breaking even.

>NBA finals were a huge waste)

WTF were they thinking? Completely wrong crowd for such a huge cost. The curry/lebron Finals were like, Superbowl expensive.

>Paul Feig wants to be dominated by women
Not at all surprised.

>Kirsten wiig will never step on your balls and spit in your face

Why live. Why fucking live

>Step on me, ladies! Step on, me!
>Paul, we're in the middle of our premiere
>Ayo, Kate is right. This don feel right
>Please, it's symbolic. I need
>Ok, Paul, if you insist

I don't care. all I know is the marketing budget must be high as fuck. I cannot get away from some sort of commercial about this shit.

That is usually a red flag for a turd of a movie.

>Denial

Only 4 stages to go, OP. ;^)

I thought that dressing apes up in clothes and making them perform for the public wasn't considered to be PC these days.

Girl power at work :)

regardless of everything else about feig i dig his suits

must feel nice having the money and confidence to wear them like everyday clothes

So is it true that you gave to check your male privilege and apologise for enslaving white women before you can watch this movie?

They had a penectomy machine by the theatre doors at my showing.
It didn't hurt that much

What a fucking douche

It doesn't matter that it's a bo bomb, it's already a success at its goal of spreading femzi hate

You also have to go through penis inspection, anything under 5 inches and you are deemed a manbaby unfit to see the film

Luckily I just barely passed

this movie is marketed toward the wrong crowd to begin with. They tried to save face by having male basketball stars dress as ghostbusters, as well as Papa Johns and at least one other commercials (insurance I think?) have male Ghostbusters, but its too late. This movie was made for the Bridesmaids crowd, and the Bridesmaid crowd does NOT give a fuck about a supernatural comedy about people fighting ghosts.

What an absolute cunt. Perhaps somebody should remind this steaming great faggot that one of the main 'jokes' in Bridesmaids revolved around them apparently shitting themselves.

>46 MILLION
>144 million not including marketing
>suppose to be a blockbuster
LOL. This is a flop.

It still has not opened in a lot of other countries and its worldwide gross is ~65 million in 3 days. That's damn impressive.

>Kristin Wiig will never step on your dick

That's world wide. 65 millions in 3 days is OK for a medium budget comedy. For a franchise launching film, it's a fucking disaster. Also do you know why they launched it in English speaking countries First? Because no other countries will show up for this shit.

Yes, and that screen was written by an unfunny white man. The only reason it's memorable at all is because the exceptional female performers did so well with the, frankly sophomoric, writing. Sometimes an actor can elevate a bad script.

Oh yeah, it's DAMN impressive. I'm sure Feig is ecstatic. They only need 185 million more to break even and 445 million more to meet the goal he probably told Sony.

Foreign markets also don't give two fucks about Ghostbusters. It was not a "classic" movie by any means anywhere but the United States. If it only made 19 million its opening weekend, it won't make much more than that moving forward.

That would not even be impressive as a domestic number. It was projected as an 80 million opening film before Sony lost control of the marketing.

>ADVERT BUDGET cost $88MM (NBA finals were a huge waste)

Just shows how clueless Sony's advert team was.

After going "Yay women leads!" Sony decides to HIDE all females from their Ghostbusters ads during their expensive ass NBA finals ad campaign.

Bravo

Yeah, that's why almost every notable comedian, and comedic script writer has been male. Because they're all hugely unfunny cunts.

I want Leslie Jones to put that stiletto right on my balls and press down oh so gently. Anyone else?

he's literally being treaded down bt these bitches
how is this even allowed in USA? Do you have no law or what?

I AIN'T AFFRAID

>Men suck REEEEEE
>Let's spend a large chunk of money advertising for the NBA finals, a primarily male event

Spice Girls had more girl power than this mediocre shit fest

Do you think Paul Feig refuses to come out of the closet because it would prove that the kids who called him "Paul Fag" were right?

Feig is fucked but Ghostbuster is a classic here in Brazil, stop talking things out of your ass, ever since I was a kid there was always someone dressing up as a ghostbusters in parties. And we proved time to time that aside from China and the US we can pretty much carry a movie to financial success too.

It's just that people never force Ghostbusters too much. Which is totally fine.

It has to make 140 more just to break even, 500 Million to turn enough profit to realistically greenlight a sequel, it won't release in China and it has to compete with Ice Age, Star Trek and Jason Bourne next week, which will cut off it's legs.

Feig is fucked.

It's not releasing in China. Ever. They have a ban on ghost movies.

And there is no way it's going to do good business in Brazil. I live in Rio and every single pre-booked theater is damn near empty for it.
I had to buy my Independence Day ticket weeks early, and it was half full.

Wait what? Like they really just don't allow any movies with ghosts in China?

All too easy

her face looks so much like a crudley drawn SHEEEEIT face

If they portray ghosts/the supernatural in a non fantasy setting they're banned. Exceptions are if its in something like a dream sequence or if its culturally Chinese.

Ghost busters portrays ghosts in a real life setting. Not legal in China.

Yes. Apparently only supernatural stuff directly corelating to their religion can be screened in theaters.

These bitches are fucking stereotypes of SJWs.

Guess who won the culture war though?

Not you.

So is this movie the Passion of The Christ for feminism?

Femanon here. I bought tickets just to support it but didn't know anyone that wanted to go see it. Now I kinda want to and there's no torrents on tpb. Anyone know where to get it?

ancestor worship. ghostbusters attack and seal big scary ghost, little kid starts crying because grandpa just wanted to wish him a happy birthday

China so funny

why cat eye glasses

why ALWAYS cat eye glasses

Has to be a troll, I mean (((Rebecca)))?

>cohen

We're very superstitious and get spooked easily.

from her tumblr

This makes me moist.

No logical fallacies here

nope

none at all.

>strong reviews
Universal consensus of "6/10 it didn't quite make me want to pluck my own eyes out"

its* face

am i the only one considering going to see this movie now for the comfy solitary kino experience?

me and some friends found a shitty comedy flick to go see with like 3 others in the crowd baked out of our minds and it was pretty chill desu

being in empty movie theaters is almost zen like.

I find that very endearing :^)

Lol, if Ghostbusters is the ultimate climax of your culture war, then you've already lost.

Is 46 million good for an opening weekend?

Not for a summer blockbuster.

>we won

>It was not a "classic" movie by any means anywhere but the United States.

This is BS niggerino.

Ghostbusters was huge in Scandinavia.

I had this exact same thought.

>46 Million
>Good

And thats ignoring
>E S T I M A T E
>S
>T
>I
>M
>A
>T
>E

This movie was supposed to blow the door off the hinges and instead it landed with a thud. And SONY had to pretend it was a success to save face. Good thing normies don't understand how the box office really works.
>Paul Feig on Sunday afternoon

>this fucking image
I openly call feminists idiots because the label has too much vitriol associated with it, and to apply it to yourself means you're ignorant about the basic principles of egalitarianism, thus on the same levels as a Islamic extremist.

And especially not considering there are some real blockbusters coming out in the next weeks.

Box Office Mojo is saying $46,018,755 without the prior ESTIMATE tags.

>Tell men to basically fuck off
>"Hey lets spend a lot of our budget marketing during the nba playoffs"

Brilliant sony. Goddamn brilliant.

But it has only made 65,000

except the passion was actually profitable

Back to Plebbit/Tublr you go, drama queen.

For reference this movie cost the same as Iron man did 8 years ago.

This was supposed to be for the GBCU what iron man was for the MCU.

Iron man was a capeshit film about a hero nobody knew about, directed by a guy who's last film had failed and starring an actor who was largely seen as a has been and a junkie.

Iron man had a 100 million opening weekend DOMESTIC.

Not opening in China this thing would be extremely lucky to make 300 worldwide.

It's not "$500 million to break even" it's "$500 million to be considered a successful return on investment"

Like how Batman v Superman made a profit, but it was still considered a disappointment because $1 billion was the minimum standard of success for the investors

>Iron man was a capeshit film about a hero nobody knew about

More people knew the song than the superhero before 2008. Kevin Feige has been quite open about how they started making movies with none of their A-list properties available to them. The Avengers were really a B-grade team, historically.

And even among comics fans, Iron Man was at about his lowest ebb when the movie came out, since he'd just been the villain in Civil War.

I always thought Iron Man was one of the most well known super heroes in the US.

More known than GOTG, Antman or Doctor Strange sure but he was no Captain America or Spideman.

I've seen a lot of posts floating around by women about how this movie is "important to them" and how "they need this."

Literally what are they talking about? Are we just pretending all those action movies with girls, like Resident Evil, Alien, Underworld, Salt, those Tomb Raider movies, and whatever don't exist?

Fuck no. Marvel was X-Men, Spiderman, and Hulk before the MCU. That's why those properties all got big movies at other studios.

The Avengers were always a bunch of C and D listers. People like Iron Man, Thor, and Cap were all characters nobody but people deep into comics cared about.

>Feig's best box office performance
Surprising who? If Sony gave me the rights to a new Ghostbusters I would make big numbers too. For me. Doesn't mean shit compared to what it would make on the right hands with the right cast.

Two questions:

-How do they make fun of critics?
-Is there the Beegees dance number?

A lot of people just go along with the flow. There's many flicks that do more for females than this, let alone better films. But they don't care about this. We ghostbusters now!

reminder that jews make money but cant write a funny comedy even if their lives dependent on it. jew comedy is racism, cucks, white trash, cool black people and annoying success stories + "smart talk".

21 & Over and this shit are the worst things ive ever seen. Ever. It´s fucking garbage.

>-How do they make fun of critics?
There's a scene where they go over youtube comments

>-Is there the Beegees dance number?
cut from the main movie, but I think it's in the credits