>muh senator

Was she a bitch? Why was she trying to punish supes anyway? He saved the planet and didn't ask for anything in return.

She deserved to die, she deserved Granny's peach tea. Fuck this bitch.

Based Lex.

Other urls found in this thread:

popmatters.com/feature/beautiful-lies-and-false-gods-in-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Didn't understand her plot line tßh

>Why was she trying to punish supes anyway? He saved the planet and didn't ask for anything in return.
>Based Lex.

BvS fan "logic"

Neither did Synder.

>Was she a bitch? Why was she trying to punish supes anyway?
lol jesus christ

>Why was she trying to punish supes anyway?

She didn't. She wanted to establish a democratic dialogue between Superman and the world. In the end she saw through Lex's machinations but it was too late.

This the rest of you are retards

Snyder forgot he was making a movie for DC and put Superman up against a Marvel civilian.

Did Lex really piss in the jar?

It was Mercy's piss

no it was his granny

She was gonna expose Luthor, though, thats why grannys peach tea happened. She tried to help Superjesus in the end.

nobody did

Apologize

>stupid people didn't
ftfy

care to explain how "superman saving lives" is a bad thing?

how did you manage to take that away?

its her plotline.

wew

So that's a "no" to you being able to explain her plotline?

no

This is correct. She was actually a pretty good senator.

>She wanted to establish a democratic dialogue between Superman and the world

Which basically means she wanted superman to stop doing everything, forever.

I liked her better as Elastigirl.

>you now realize snyder saw incredibles and cast holly hunter specifically because helen par was all about "superheroes shouldn't be super" and the senator was doing the same thing

[vomits internally]

This

Also,
reminder that you should read The Republic before attempting to shitpost, or you'll look silly.

fuggggg

Who's Mr. incredible, though?

*tips fedora*

Snyder didn't write the script and he wasn't the casting director.

well done

snyder dyndu nuffin

I liked the yellow scene

great argument

>Superman, your selfless acts of heroism are undemocratic! You must discuss things with us before you rescue people from natural disasters and terrorits.

It's fucking retarded no matter how you look at it.

Coach from Coach.

see

What is this Republic and how does it invalidate what I said?

Was she suppose to be a bigger character? It was weird during the movie that they kept panning to her or it was just her on screen.

>What is this Republic

You've ruined Elastigirl for me, thank you. I can't trust the chan for shit!

The Republic (Greek: Πολιτεία, Politeia; Latin: De Re Publica[1]) is a Socratic dialogue, written by Plato around 380 BC, concerning the definition of justice (διkαιοσύνη), the order and character of the just city-state and the just man.

There needs to be dialogue in order for a Republic to succeed. Both the Senator and Superman agreed on this, that's why the Senator invited Superman to the hearing and why Superman attended.

She's a pretty lady(opinions may vary), of course the camera will stay on her for a bit

HEMLOCK
E
M
L
O
C
K

>What is The Republic

You are an utter pleb.

I bet having a kryptonite weapon would be super helpful in getting superman to join in a "democratic dialogue"

May I help you, Mista Bane?

I like those shoes.

>holding that pipe so erotically
What did she mean by this?

she blocked Lex's import licence retard

I thought there was a Sup Forums requirement that anons must start with the greeks before posting

All we can do is lead by example.

>statistically, at least one person has to have fallen for this over the years

thats my point retard

>no Metamorphoses

Why would Superman, a godlike being, concern himself with this? He's above nations. Frankly, the whole plot made no sense. Superman wasn't interfering with government afairs, he was simply saving people from disasters and shit.

The whole point of the movie is proving that Superman is
>just a guy trying to do the right thing

A hero worth being inspired by, not a god to be worshipped.

Read: popmatters.com/feature/beautiful-lies-and-false-gods-in-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/

>This is not a tale of clearly demarcated good vs. evil. It would appear that this movie is best viewed in the wake of his 2009 film adaptation of Alan Moore’s Watchmen. Snyder’s comments about that film and graphic novel in an Entertainment Weekly interview may hold an interpretive key to Batman v Superman. While he was speaking then of the deconstruction of superhero in Watchmen, the insight is applicable to reading Batman v Superman. “The movie is a challenge—sort of like the book is a challenge—to your icons, your morality, how you perceive pop culture, how you perceive mythology, and for that matter, how you perceive God.” In Batman v Superman we are issued a challenge: What would it mean to think of our beloved superheroes (who are, after all, projections of the stories we like to tell about ourselves) as “beautiful lies” and “false gods”?

> he was simply saving people from disasters and shit

His intervention in Africa (seemingly) provoked a bloodshed. That's what sets the questioning of his actions in motion.

Yeah, I know, but it's kinda funny that Americans are butthurt that he saved an American national from African terrorists. If this was real life they'd throw a parade for him. It just felt so artificial, like it was just some contrived reason for the senate and Superman to have a conflict.

She wanted to control superman. Thats why the "Consent of the Governed". You can see that right when superman saves some mexican people. I'm sure at the same time some american girl was getting raped and sups "choose" those dirty mexican. Fuckin antiamerican hero.

>implying Americans don't love to cry about dead Muslims during foreign soil interventions

I wouldn't read all of it but the Odyssey and Iliad are fantastic.

>Good is a conversation.
>We talk to each other.
>Shadow interventions won't be tolerated, neither will lies.

Sounds like Dialogue and Democracy to me.

Yeah, because democracy is such a perfect system.

they're American, not European

Red Son pls

unilaterally

explain

>fallen for this
If someone read all of those books in order to talk garbage on Sup Forums they have massively improved their lives.

There should literally unironically be one.

Several times it shows her saying Supe's should act but not unilaterally...
It's like saving lives in the moment is a political concern but not a human one.

2nd best thing about the movie, behind Jeremy Irons.

That's the purpose of the hearing.
They want to debate all this.