Should I join the Marines? I wish I had a mentor...I'm 24 years old, not really going anywhere in life...

Should I join the Marines? I wish I had a mentor...I'm 24 years old, not really going anywhere in life, I have lack of interest to do anything...I went to the Philippines for 3 months, now I'm back in the US, all my "friends" here forgot about me pretty much. I feel like the Marines would be a way to start my life and to learn to man up...should I take up on the opportunity? The marine corps stands out to me more than any other branch because of how much a challenge it is to even become a Marine, and I figure if I'm going to join the military, I might as well go all out?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/durrr/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

23 year old active duty marine here. Don't do it seriously I fucking hate my life

OP here. Thank you for being honest...but why don't you like it? What do you suggest I do then?

It will suck unless you like being shot at and blown up by sand monkeys.

Idk man. I ran out of options and just ended up joining because my dad was a marine and it seemed like something that would help my future but in reality it's all bullshit all I do is drink every night and I would be in a way better position if I just said fuck it and took out a student loan and went to school. Sure when I get out I'll have my GI bill and be able to go to school for a significantly less amount of money but it isn't worth the 4 years of my life I'm wasting being enlisted

fucking liar
OP ignore

I'm from a different branch but I'll tell you all about the military on kik: HughParsons

OP here. Well I was thinking I'd pick an MOS that would transfer over well to the civilian work, like admin, or electrician. Instead of going for Infantry, assuming I'd score well enough on the asvab.

You will deeply regret joining after we go to war with China.

**civilian world, meant to say

Go USAF you slimy shitbag

Sign up as an 0651. Cyber Network Operator. You'll do IT shit with a chance to get industry certs. You can make mad dosh if you play your cards right.

OP, leaving for army OSUT on tuesday, while there is a lot of bullshit in the military, you will learn a lot of good values that will only help you later down the road. If you're doing nothing with your life and you're not completely usless/fat then enlist and make something out of yourself

Active duty army here. Take a look at army MOS's, they are multiple that will transfer to civilian jobs outside of the army. If you are looking to make big money once you get out. Take a look at 14 (air defense). Multiple jobs with Raytheon and Lockheed Martin.

It's what you make of it.

Too bad you can't pick your MOS in the Marines. They don't even pay you for training until after you pass

If you've taken the asvab and scored pretty well on it I'd definitely recommend going Air Force or even Navy. I went Army like a dipshit because, like you, I had no mentor to guide me otherwise. I can tell you the Army is fucking shit, and I have a buddy currently in the Marines patiently waiting to ETS the fuck out of there. He is fucking miserable.. If you do go in be sure to pick an MOS that translates well in the private sector. Don't go combat arms, don't let the recruiter fuck you into choosing an MOS you don't want. Good luck, faggot.

do it man. you're about as old as my uncle was when he joined, and they turned his fucking life around

The Marines suck man. I mean, it'll man you up for sure, but the Marines, along with just about any other branch, are filled with egotistical douches hellbent on being at the top or just doing the absolute minimum to get the job done. Military sucks really hard nowadays

Wrong x2

if you're going to do the marines, do this. i served in a joint service command for 4 years and when it comes down to it every branch is the same, full of the same cool people and full of the same shitbags. if i was going to serve 4-5 years in the military i'd go air force. it's the same shit but you have more cool places you can go and more fun stuff you can do and it's so much more chill.

I'm actually an Army Recruiter, listen to these guys. You want a future then Army's the way to go. Other branches have my respect but we certainly have the post-service benefits on lock. It's no wonder why we recruit 50% of all Department of Defense contracts.

alternatively sign up as a crypto linguist, rake in that fat linguist pay plus that security clearance will take you a lot of places simply just for having it. i made 600 extra bucks a month for being proficient in spanish and portuguese.

MOS?

The Army Recruiter again: DON'T LET YOUR RECRUITER FUCK YOU! DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE HAND! And be 100% honest with them about medical issues and law violations if any.

ALSO to segway off of this: lat move (change) your MOS to 0689. They were going to give me a ~$50k (before taxes) bonus if I was going that route.

only if you want to kill innocent civilians all over the world, in order to make banksters and sociopathic speculators richer ;) that's the sole purpose of usa's zionist armed forces :)

2111 (armorer)

>14 series

Fuck you. FUCK YOU SO HARD.

>limited post choices
>can never deploy
>miserable work
>you have to go to korea more than once if you extend
>KOREA MORE THAN ONCE
>useless job when outside the military

Youre honestly stupid. Just because youre upset that you believed the recruiting videos lies about shooting missiles and now you have the worst MOS in the army doesnt mean you should get other people thrown into that mess

pretty sure you can't, i tried to do this but oyu have to lat move into 0651 first and do that for a minimum of two years before you can move into 0689. this was my plan and i didnt know this and neither did my unit career planner. so fuckin gay.

How about you do something instead of drink every night? The only one to blame for wasting 4 years is you.

You stupid faggot.

Is Korea shit? Had a medic in my platoon during deployment that said he loved it, and he ended up choosing to go back. What makes Korea so shit? Seems like there would be plenty of korean girls trying to trick soldiers into marrying them, which seems alright to me.

not a good reason to join the Marines, fucking shill

>Take a look at army MOS's

What's MOS?

Yeah I meant after youve been a data geek for an enlistment. But even then the bonus for data is ~30k. I think chief is around ~50k.

Yeah ok I'll just get right on that

OR CIA operatives. Don't forget the hand full of soldiers/Marines sitting in Leavenworth for doing the right thing an or killing the enemy

Correction...you CAN deploy, but you dont get recognized for it, pay wise or decoration wise unless you luck out and get sent to Jordan.

OP, dont go 14 series. Seriously.
>25 series soldier stuck at Suwon AB in Korea, where all there is is 14 series work

yea, shit's unbelievable. and you're pretty much set for life once you get out. although now im pretty sure there's an air force career path that's similar, so you might as well just do that so you don't have to deal with the asinine amount of shit that comes with being a marine.

>chairforce
>fun
Kek

OP here. I'm not shill dummy...I'm sincerely trying to figure out what to do with my life. So far you've all been very helpful...Army might be the way to go for me. What kind of scores do I need on the asvab for cypto? I see it pays really well...

The command structure is absolute trash (main complaint on my part) and there's so many local regulations its sorta like being in AIT again. Plus, since everyone is only here for a year, there's no real reason to care about the work unless youre E6 or higher, so naturally a lot of people just turn into shitbags.

Can never deploy? Air defense is the most deployed mos... 8 years and I have not been to Korea once. Limited post choices... air defense is not only 14echos and tangos. You have gulfs hotels and sierras who can go to a pretty wide variety of posts

Depends where you go as a Marine. If you get attached to a deployable unit (yours truly) you have to deal with all the fun of workups, deployments, etc. You could easily get dropped into a unit that is a essentially an office job (MITSC, MCNOSC, etc).

>implying killing villagers and serving your country is bad
>using smiley faces
>banksters
Fuck off you commie faggot.

>so naturally a lot of people just turn into shitbags.

Thinking about it, that's probably why he opted to go back. Dude was a PT stud but grade A shamming shitbag when it came to doing any actual work.

Don't go Marines. All that will happen is the recruiter will laugh you out of his little store for not being motivated enough. I'm serious, we hit our monthly quotas within the first two days without even advertising we only take the absolute best volunteers. After hitting the quota any other hires are purely because they appear so excellent they will be a great asset. That doesn't mean they won't take someone they will have to work on, they're great at seeing the potential in people and get them ready before going off. But unless you are motivated not just to join the military, but specifically the Marine Corps you won't get accepted, go Army or National Guard.

coast guard do it.

Military Occupational Specialty. It's basically the job you do.

This is a lie.

Should I join the Navy? I wish I had a mentor with a big sexy dick, like a man...I'm 12 years old, not really going anywhere in life, I have lack of interest to do anything...I went to Chuck E Cheese for 3 months, now I'm back in the US, all my "penis touching buddies" here forgot about me pretty much. I feel like the Navy would be a way to start my life and to learn to man up, meaning get my penis up and put it in some male butts...should I take up on the opportunity? The Navy stands out to me more than any other branch because of how much a challenge it is to even become a fag, and I figure if I'm going to join the military, I might as well go all out?

I worked at the NSA for 3 years, being at a desk job is fucking awful. Working with civilians is awful.

worked at the NSA as a marine***

Shit looks good on a resume though.

OP here. How well do you have to score on the ASVAB for 0651 in the Marines? I like IT work.

You need a GT score of 110 or higher, which is a section of the asvab itself. I think like a 75 or higher and you should be okay.
If you end up being serious about it add me on steam, haze340 and Ill try to help you out as much as I can.

that's what i did for a long time all your friends probably drink all the time but if you get a hobby or something it's less horrible i got into trying to learn science and math saved my life for real.

Fresh out of high school user here, I just signed up for information for the Marines. My godfather did it and I thought it'd set me straight. I fuck around too much, if I do the training and actually go through with it am I regretting it or what?

Also, I'm currently in a two year relationship, will this fuck it up?

tbh if you're not completely retarded you can get like an 80+ on it. it's pretty basic shit you should have learned in high school.

Thanks a lot, I'll add you on steam.

Unless your SO is exceptionally loyal your relationship will probably end. You are young anyways who gives a shit.

it'll probably fuck your relationship up but that's ok it'll probably set you straight tho life's pretty hard when your in tho.

Young yeah but I matured after raising my siblings with a whore of a mother. She's loyal, always has been. She's worried about me if I do go through with it and get set out of state

steamcommunity.com/id/durrr/
Guess they removed add by Id. Try above.

>steamcommunity.com/id/durrr/
Okay one sec

The only you can guarantee you two get to be together is to get married. You most likely aren't going to stay local. The military doesn't give a shit if you have a girlfriend, they will send your ass to Japan for 3 years. But I dont recommend getting married at a young age, especially if you are going into the military.

Talk it over with her and let her know the realities of it and see what she thinks.

Should I join the Judaism? I wish I had a Rabbi...I'm 13 years old, not really going anywhere in life, I have lack of interest to do anything...I went to the Jerusalem for 3 months, now I'm back in the US, all my "yamulkas" here forgot about me pretty much. I feel like the Marines would be a way to start my life and to learn to take life one matzo ball at a time...should I take up on the opportunity? The Judaism stands out to me more than any other branch because of how much a challenge it is to even become a Jew, and I figure if I'm going to join the Judaism, I might as well go all hava nagila?

okay I added you. check your friend requests on Steam.

I'd love to marry this girl but I'd like to actually see the world. I'll sit her down soon, I said I'd do a year of looking for a good college or working before I sign up for training. I haven't told my god father yet but he wanted me to enlist because of my rugby track and shooting.

I dunno. Some people are just born black sheep bad at conformity (non military fag here from a family of them). If you are, you will absolutely never even get through basic. You will either need to be a good cog or good at faking it. If you almost psychologically resist people ordering you around, you'll fail at military.

Also if you have any major health ailments, you prob won't even be accepted (weird gait, gastrointestinal issues, a limp, scoliosis, etc).

There's nothing wrong with be a black sheep of the world. One that doesn't play nice with others. One that doesn't follow orders if he doesn't respect the guy giving them. There's honestly plenty of jobs and room in the economy for the free thinking weirdos, but the military isn't the right answer for us.

I suspect it isn't right for you, OP. I would be leaning towards no.... Also, if you don't support the current wars, it's a bad plan politically. And there's a bipartisan push for more war. I believe the US is gonna blunder into armed conflict with China, Iran, and possibly Russia to in the near future.... that would be a bad time to be a bullet sponge.

Should I join Scientology? I wish I had an auditor...I'm 10 years old, not really going anywhere in life, I have lack of interest to do anything...I went to the Flag Scientology Base for 3 months, now I'm back in the US, all my "wogs" here forgot about me pretty much. I feel like the Sea Org would be a way to start my life and to learn to man up, perhaps even growing a much larger penis and higher IQ...should I take up on the opportunity? Dianetics stands out to me more than any other branch because of how much a challenge it is to even become OT8, and I figure if I'm going to join a group of faggots, I might as well go all out?

That's the fun part though. A lot of people join to fight and kill, but they get dissapointed when they realize that peacetime it's boring as fuck.

What if you lie about taking depression medication in the past

Op dont listen to the cuck being a Marine is not how he describes he more then likely keeps fucking up or doesn't like it when they come to check his shit and his room is dirty... Im a marine im 31 since i became a marine my life got alot better then what it was the o ly way your going to have a bad time is if you fuck up i have been deployed 2 times and it was awesome

U want sum fuk bby?

Should I join the Niggers? I wish I had a huge black cock in my mouth, deeply penetrating my lips...I'm 24 years old, not really going anywhere in life, I have lack of interest to do anything...I went to the ghetto for 3 months, now I'm back in the US, all my "white homies" here forgot about me pretty much. I feel like the painting my skin black would be a way to start my life and to learn to man up...should I take up on the opportunity? The Nigger Appeal stands out to me more than any other sexy dick and penis because of how much a challenge it is to even become a well-dicked negro-american, and I figure if I'm going to join a group of the stupidest monkeys ever, I might as well go all out?

I did two enlistments in the Marine Corps. Starting at 24 would be weird for you. You'll be surrounded by kids. I joined at 18. I was a platoon sergeant at 24. If you do decide to sign up, do your research. My recruiter completely fucked me, and them the guys at MEPS fucked me more. BTW, the GI Bill helps, but it isn't that much. VA loan for a house is a great perk though.

Are you going to get the Sig Sauer P320s too?

I come from a military family. I support my troops and I appreciate the vets. I am also Italian Hispanic and pro-trump. I raised myself since my father left us and I had my step siblings I raised them also.

I would do everything I could for my country.

I did get hospitalized for clinical depression but that was back in the 4th grade for suicidal thoughts. I often think that'll be an issue if I join also since I have sleep insomnia.

lots of soldiers get bored, get into trouble in Korea

I'm not the recruiter, but I lied about meds and being institutionalized twice for depression, and still served two enlistments and got secret clearance. It never came up.

>I am also Italian Hispanic and pro-trump

You're not alone

So as long as I never bring it up and I'm not taking anything any more I should be fine?

Thank God, I got called a traitor my last week of classes and I also got into a fight with the spics.

My Hispanic side is all butthurt by it but my Italian side doesn't give a shit so it's cool. I've just yet met any minority that agreed.

Yes. It's a great career option. Especially for young males without a lot of prospects. You'll feel good about your decision.

As far as I know, they can't access your medical records, and wouldn't try. If you ever require a top secret background check, that's different. Then they interview people from your past that might remember you having issues. When you get to boot camp they interview you during a thing called "the moment of truth". As long as you stick to your story, they don't know you or your past. Enlisted recruits are cattle.

How hard is it to get a 0351 MOS.

Do it every man should do it for America!
God wills the fallen and under hits M16A4 he will protect his people.
-Lance Underground