Guys I'm being really paranoid, how do I go about erasing/destroying my HDD?

Guys I'm being really paranoid, how do I go about erasing/destroying my HDD?

Other urls found in this thread:

sourceforge.net/projects/dban/files/dban/dban-2.3.0/dban-2.3.0_i586.iso/download)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What did you do? And you can easily google for a complete hard drive wipe

1) what is/were on that drive?
2) google?

DBAN

It's too late, the NSA has been tracking you since you 1st went online.

You know a nice hammer and microwave always have done the trick for me

Take it apart. Remove the disks inside. Microwave them. Throw them away.

First, go download Derik's Boot and Nuke and either burn to disk or "burn" to flash drive
(sourceforge.net/projects/dban/files/dban/dban-2.3.0/dban-2.3.0_i586.iso/download)

wipe your hard drive with whatever options you want - the default is a military grade wipe I believe.

Then, once it's done(it will take hours, btw), drill 4 holes in the disk platter area all the way through.

If you want to be extremely thorough, also send it to a recycling facility where it will be shredded.

Just the disks?

check out DBAN (Darik's Boot and Nuke) thats what i use whenever i need to format a hdd

Wit a gun

Use bleach bit and then tear it apart toss the disks in a fire and then spread the remains over a large area.

really?

REALLY?

Thermite, bro

disk is what the data is written on

Learn 2 Linux and use 'dd' command to write random shit to every sector. Or just toss it in the local reservor next time you go boating.

We'll step one is to post about it on a site that's heavily monitored by law enforcement so they know you're hiding something. Make sure not to be smart and proxy up first.

microwave it or just run a magnet over it.

Microwave works well. The radiation cleans the harddrive. About 5 minutes is enough passes to get everything.

DBAN and a drill if you're paranoid.

Most thorough wipe possible, and then physical destruction to ensure any amount of recoverable data is lost.

>always done the trick for me

have the cops search your computer before?

Fire