Why does GTA:Online exist...

Why does GTA:Online exist? I'm afraid for my mental and physical health if I do not tell anyone about my experience I've just put myself through with this excuse of an online experience.

>Spend my Friday night grinding towards $2 million through heists for the Maze Bank Executive Office to grind out collecting those cargo/vehicles.
>Incompetent randoms makes this process EXTREMELY tedious and many MANY MANY retries and relobbies and RIDICULOUS waiting periods.
>It was probably around 7am when I finally had enough money. I bought the office, all basic, no upgrades.
>Not long after, I learnt that I needed more money to buy a garage to store the cargo.
>"Okay? I've spent my last few hours in hell, but what's a few more heists I guess".
>Around 12pm lunch time I finally have just enough to buy a garage, cheapest one for ~$300k.
>Find out I need money to buy crates.
>"Okay, this is seriously getting fucking cunty now."
>Do another heist to get enough money to buy crates.
>I buy a few crates and do the whole ordeal of picking them up and driving them back a few times, and end up with decent cash stored as cargo.
>At this point I really need to cash-in to continue with the grind.
>So I drive to the airport and continue to enter the airplane.
>I fly to my first destination of about 5-10 cargo drop off points.
>Before I even reach the first drop off point.
>A player.
>A player in a jet.
>Is on.
>My Mini-map.
>My life flashes before my eyes.
>A vicious flurry of explosive bullets is released onto the top of my plane.
>My precious cargo is spilled all over the San Andreas highway.
>I don't think I've EVER been so triggered in my life.
>I'm sure if I checked my pants there would be blood leaking from my anus.

Thank you, this has been very therapeutic to type this out.

played single player mode when completed up until find crack for trevors mom uninstalled the game
never tried online

Funny you say that, I'm right up to that point of finding the van for Trevors mom too. Thought I'd take a break from 100% story-mode to continue playing my online-transfer from PS3 to PC. If I die in my sleep tonight it will definitely be because of a GTA:Online rage-related aneurysm. There is no good reason to play GTA:Online unless you have friends.

You retards do understand R* purposefully designed the game this way so you would get so frustrated that you would just buy Shark Cards right? The game isn't grindy because the end game is fun and OP. There isn't even an end game. The game is grindy to annoy the spoiled kids into hitting up the microtransactions.

680 hours dumb fuck me decided to mod for 3rd time
>Permaban
I basically had everything

Feels the same way with story-mode and the "chiliad mystery" but instead of Shark Cards it's your time that you're spending. I don't know why I semi-buy into the shit, I just have a thing for Rockstar I guess.

It's probably because Rockstar was a pretty respectable developer and above most of the petty shit until GTA V. Fuck, the game is still retailing for $60 when its four years old. And don't even get me started on the whole Steam Summer Sale debacle

I picked up heaps of cash from a modder on PS3 and luckily wasn't banned from the first ban-wave. When I transferred to PC all these years later, I still have all my cars and apartment. Still fucking WORTHLESS though, I just didn't have to buy Shark Cards.

thats why when they were still possible to get, to get a modded account, 20$ once for unlimited money opposed to 20$ for about 500,000 in game cash

I'm not even sure I want to know haha. I bought my copy just on this past steam sale, so I might just want to stay blissfully ignorant.

$20 get you 1.2 mil. So basically half of the cost of some of the newest vehicles in game

>not having a modder to spawn you cash
>kek

Check em.

And basically, when the summer sale rolled around Rockstar took standalone GTA V off the store. It was replaced with a discounted version of a pack that included shark cards. Can you guess the price of it? $60. Bundles are non-refundable too. So they basically cheated the discount system to keep the game at full price and fucked people out of refunding if they were not enjoying the game

learn to mod op, trust me

Jesus... admittedly, I think GTA V is worth it, it's not up to me to decide though. But yeah, after my experience on GTA:Online I'd much rather tear my money up than give it to Rockstar through Shark Cards.

Thank you for sharing this experience OP. I fully sympathize with you. That's the point where so much fury has been caused by the game that it no longer matters if it made people happy, the indomitable rage has overwhelmed any good the game has done in a general ethical sense. It simply becomes amoral for the game to exist.

>Play GTA:O
>have a blast doing everything
>even little things like ragdolling off roofs into pools with friends
>hackers give me 10's of millions of dollars
>buy lots of shit
>grind for more money but just enjoy the gameplay and fun with friends along the way
>never look at it as a means to an end for money like everyone who complains
>its always fun

if all you want to do is have more in game money but dont enjoy all the different ways to make money then why even play?

People keep complaining like the game isnt fun. You can literally make fun out of anything. Get a bmx and do some sick jumps and ragdoll like an idiot.

find a friendly hacker and ask for money if you're so desperate, but even after you get all the money and everything you "think" you want, you still wont be satisfied or enjoy the game.

If you can't enjoy it at its simplest and cheapest way then you wont at the most expensive level.

I miiiiight look into it but I have to be real here... I'm not sure having all the money in the world would make this online experience good. Same can be said about Runescape if you're familiar with that, it's ultimately why I quit that game; I didn't enjoy PKing or clan-based shit so I ran out of shit to do but at least I enjoyed the grind, somewhat.

i mean i'd be down to hook some people up with some money in a lobby if enough people would be interested

i see, but having it all is INCREDIBLY fun. it's not forever, but it's fun.

just recently i "earned" myself 3mil for the new progen car at benny's, and i love it so much. it actually makes me want to get on just to admire it.

there's nothing to online for me anymore either, so you got me there when you enjoy working for what you want

if anything give yourself enough but not too much, i'd recommend that. go watch some xhardhempus or bluhhbluhhtom to get your feet wet when it comes to modding

i really would be fucking down bud

sounds good man, what menu are you using?

im down

damn it i hope you didnt leave user i want my millions

im just using AW's GTAV cheat cause i have master package

still here, updating steam atm

fucking R*, got these updates then the year it takes to load into GTA:Online

hope you're not banned when you launch

Yep, I'm shocked the loading is still total shit. Half the time when you disconnect from a setup lobby you get stuck in the loading screen and have to relaunch. this was a problem back when I played just after release...

this

though, you can get banned for receiving money from modders now

ITT: Anons begging for pretend money to use in a overrated cops and robbers game.

Yea, initially that was why i refunded, then i came back when the game went on sale recently

so good so far

>you can get banned for receiving money from modders now
no you can not. anyone who says so is a liar, if you have been told this or read it in a forum it was a lie. they have said numerous times they will not ban anyone for getting hacked in money, only possibility is it being taken away. I have yet to ever have my money removed. or be banned. and I've received probably 50 million of hacked money.

My life sucks man

gtav would crash
feelsbadman.jpg
loading up again, in the meantime shoot me some SC requests

friend of mine got banned 30 days for getting money, you're an idiot, keep getting that money until you're banned pls

I have played GTA Online for like around 5 to 7 hours on xbox 360 before I stopped with it.
First off, it's horrible on consoles because of how empty the world is (prob. cuz optimization), grinding for stuff takes forever, people are assholes who constantly try to kill you even with friendly mode enabled and not to mention gta online is the reason why we never got any major singleplayer dlc for the game.
You have to be highly autistic to enjoy that game mode.

Now that CEO shit is out its soooo much more cancer honestly. People just spawn in free Buzzards and fly around blowing up rival CEOs and well any other player too for that matter. Gets annoying after calling Mors for the fifteenth time within ten minutes

The game is grindy. Back when I played, giving money to other players was disabled cuz R* couldn't stop people from glitching billions into the game. So instead of a friend giving me a few 100k so I can buy some apartment, I had to grind for hours on end until I had like 200k and then finally stopped playing that pos game mode. Not to mention that when you start playing you start out with basically no money and only a pistol. Meanwhile other players can afford body armor in deathmatches and sniper rifles, cuz they're lv50 and have money without end. It's very balanced.

just letting you know you cant give out those $40,000 bags anymore thats how they catch you. it has to be the smaller $2,000 amounts.

that is an absolute lie. he was involved in other shit then if thats the case.

modders can freeze you in place and drop money on you. If you're not at fault for doingsomethign rockstar will not do anything to you besides take modded money away

can any1 walk me through creating a private session? im not tryna get reported by randos

yea i have it set to $2k

gonna get on, sadly cant spawn people money but i'm more than willing to provide some muscle for anons that need jobs done and shit

my social club is death_marc2

>lvl 50

Try 250+...

GTA V is worth it, it's just that Online is fucking cancer. It's grindy, unbalanced and not to mention the reason why we never got major story mode dlc.

im spawning in some money if you want in, shoot me a friend req

no its not and he wasn't, they previously removed money from him when he got some from a modder, then he got banned 30 days and everything reset to 0

This. I've probably had a total of 100million in GTA:O

The secret is to not be greedy, take small (ish) amounts at a time. 10mil a day should be safe.

The first round of modder money lasted me a few years (50mil if I remember correctly)

Up until recently my friend found a new pay mod which has better security and now I'm back to 50mil, so I should be good for a few more years till rockstar decides to kill this cow and move elsewhere.

Also, please dont bank the money. Rockstar can see the transactions... or so I've heard.

You'd think R had a reason to make the most expensive game of all time. They did it because they knew they could drive these kids mad enough to buy shark cards

pic unrelated

I haven't touched GTA Online in 3 years. Just high levels in general. Back then I remember trying to grind for cash via deathmatches and stuff like that, but the fact that you can buy armor before the match starts and other rifles while newcomers only have a pistol/smg and no armors is downright unfair. I guess who will win.

jwhile you're in the single player,
go to options.
then online.
then play GTA online
then do an invite only session

put your rockstar account name so we can add you.

fact all the modders i know that got cucked by R* was because they banked like 50mill, ive spawbed 80+mill and not gotten banned

Shit. You just described life.

posted above

loading up session finally cause im fucking retarded, sending out invs soon

>thinking R gives a shit about you

yep, my idiot brother got perma because he dropped 50k bags on himself and banked around 100mil in one hit.

my friend on the other hand who used the same mod only did small amounts and didnt bank a single dollar.

we did this 3 months ago and still no ban for us.

The online fucking sucks in the autistic game.
Team death match and objective based game modes are so incredibly fun on that game BUT NO ONE EVER WANTS TO FUCKING PLAY. All anyone ever wants to do is play free roam and drive around.

And the few times you Do get into a team death match it's a shitty player made one where the designer gets all the guns and everyone else gets the fist fuck each other while getting raped by one player.
Fuck this game

sent invites out

I have no friends

got no invite to your game. resend

Only found the game worth playing while the dupe glitch was around, or did the pac hiest glitch which was around for two years, only recently patched. MC clubs are alright but its all on timers. Dont waste time ON ANYTHING! buying a better building or better locations or anything- all produce/sell/ect at same rate. Mc club- coke and meth only, coke best. 75,000 for full stock(or steal for free) (+all upgrades) turns into 2 bars of stock, about 150k. 5 bars for 420k. While waiting for coke to cut, do ceo vehicle cargo; SUPPLY CRATES WASTE OF TIME! 3 boxes (15k)each run, 37 runs to fill large warehouse 111 crates, 2.2m. Vehicles are free, and if you know the glitch (dont sell standard-medium range, eventually youll stop picking them up as youll own them all and only get high end) youll net 125k per car, every 15m. Id steal cars in my downtime waiting for hiests and sell 4 at a time with a group of buddies. Keep running back from coke to vehicle and youll be good. Pac glitch no doubt was the best way to make stacks. Nothing could beat it (0/60(750000)/20(250000)/20), not explaining it as not relevent. Go watch a video for that. But yeah the game is shit. They concentrate glitches and hackers over shitty servers, especially after work on gta6

Hope this helps, if you still enjoy anal blood…
Cheers!

I'm gonna admit, I was a little irrationally angry when I typed this. I guess it's just not the game for me; I have no one to play with and don't really care to find people to play with. There is something enticing about reading the methods you just explained though, the fucking grind is real and it pulls you in. Maybe after I get some sleep I'll try approach shit differently lol.

Bump

Post hours.

check em.

it's called a time-sink. It's meant to consume as much of your time and attention as possible so you don't ask too many questions about why the world is going to shit in reality. WoW, GTA, any of that grinding shit is meant to keep you staring at the screen and not participating in real life as long as possible.

>be depressed
>live with your parents, no responsibility
>spend almost two months of your life playing gta:online
>find a wonderful girl who makes you want to not be a huge piece of shit
> get a job, get the girl, never play that piece of garbage game again in your goddamn life

never spent any money on microtransactions either, just used duping glitches.

Also by two months i don't mean i played a lot within those two months, I mean two months of me logged in and actually playing. I'd screenshot it but the social club won't let me log in or even properly view the website. Hasn't for a while.

Congrats, Sup Forumsro. It's nice to hear shit like that, when people seemingly change the direction of their lives out of nowhere.

888 hours played, 8 friends, Infinite8 killer, Franklin born in 1988 = Illumin8y.