Was this the last classic post-hardcore album? People often say Relation Of Command was...

Was this the last classic post-hardcore album? People often say Relation Of Command was, but that has XX LEL SO RANDUM XX lyrics that ruin it.

youtube.com/watch?v=7kYaEN06UYM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hyRwZLXrjms
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Relation Of Command

Cedric's an awful lyricist, but at least he completes words when he types them.

I like Hot Snakes better than DLJ. Unwound and Fugazi are the best.

>1994
>last great phc album
cut to the chase, what was the purpose of this bait?

>People often say Relation Of Command was, but that has XX LEL SO RANDUM XX lyrics that ruin it.
Uh, so does Yank Crime

Stop shilling this album

actually, yank crime's lyrics make sense. google "rome plows". cedric's lyrics are obscure word salad.

>Was this the last classic post-hardcore album?

NO, it's literally the only good post-hardcore album. Everything else is made for and by Hot Topic shopping motherfuckers, and that includes Fugazi.

This band torments me
I dated this girl for 2 years and she always held this guy over my head and his dad was best friends with cedric. I want to die.

Why would DLJ torment you if Cedric was friends with your enemy's dad? ATDI should torment you not DLJ. Listen to DLJ because they are the non-shit ATDI.

Fugazi don't sound anything like Pierce The Veil though.

I love post-hardcore though, it's probably my favourite genre so I'm biased in that regard.

get a load of this fucking idiot

literally anyone involved with this project would call you an idiot for saying this

That's not post-hardcore. that's a screamo punk album with movie sound effects thrown in.

>screamo punk

>cedric's lyrics are obscure word salad.
That's the point

Bump for True Patrician choice

Young Machetes by The Blood Brothers no question

Relationship of Command is better.

Yeah if you like slick and corny nu-metal pop punk production

youtu.be/hyRwZLXrjms
Feb 24

damn thanks user

My pleasure glad you like it. I was also turned on to it by someone here.

Yank crime is just noisy math rock. Relationship is atdis second best album and it still has more replay value. If you care this much about lyrics making sense then listen to bob dylan pleb

no one gives a fuck about what you see

>i don't personally like this one aspect of their style, so it can't be classic
do you even listen to yourself

btw, pic related was, whether you like it or not

That album is metalcore, not post-hardcore.
Also it's not good

if it falls so far outside of the usual demographic for the genre as you argue, can it be said to be a classic of it at all? nah. but you don't know shit about post-hardcore anyways lol, modern or before that

Your mother does

arguable. Enter Shikari are post-hardcore by lineage, continuing what HORSE or Refused started, so because AA! picked up ES's style it's fair to say they are. but mostly it's because the term post-hardcore got retconned hard.
>it's not good
it's literally genre-defining which makes it classic. "classic" doesn't have as much to do with quality as you might think. it's pretty good though

Is an underground genre even supposed to have a demographic? If it still has traits and influences of the genre its at least a sub

this recent meme where people who weren't even alive at the time post late 90s/ early 00s post-hc and go 'nu-metal!!11!1!1 xD' 'metalcore kek!1!!1!1!11 xD' is the cringiest shit ever

To be fair, The Shape Of Punk to come did more for nu-metal bands than it did for hardcore/punk.
It's years behind experimental punk

underground genres are even more focus grouped than popular ones by nature, as they have less broad appeal

maybe you could see it another way, not as an insult to post-hardcore but as a defense of nu-metal and metalcore
because they're pretty easily defensible
because they're actually good

Its more niche but a following isnt the same as a demographic

>a following isnt the same as a demographic
i dont see what point youre trying to make with that
i'm just pretty sure everything is bound to appeal to one type of person more than another, and more strongly appeal to a more specific type the more niche it is

RoC is better

It's a classic Post Hardcore album, yeah, but it wasn't the last. Touche Amore's last LP is a classic already in the genre.
>inb4 mah deed mum

it was a wank crime

Underrated post-hardcore coming thru

because you aim at a demographic

Classic

I'm not going to argue about what's the best post-hardcore album, but I'd like to talk about the guitar on this album. Is this one of the best guitar albums of the 90s?