A FUCKING LETTER

>A FUCKING LETTER
>I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS NONSENSE

Child abuse is so heartwarming

Thanks JK

DUDE ANTAGONISTS, LMAO

DUDE EPIX MEMEING LMAO

apparently he always disliked james since he thought he was being a cheeky cunt when he asked about his finances and james responds he has gold. since harry looks like him vernon hates the sack of shit. thats what jk recently 'revealed'

>oi mate, how much money do you have?
>I have gold.
>FUCKING CHEEKY CUNT HOW DO YOU MAKE A JOKE I FUCKING HATE YOU
That's seriously J.K.'s explanation for Vernon's hatred of Harry? What a fucking hack.

I mean...yea, it's pretty obvious. That and the fact that the whole family hates anything abnormal.

Also he was a transexual.

>HOW DO YOU
Meant to say "HOW DARE YOU"

What was the point of any letter, redder? Harry Potter was easily one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Why did he wear the hat?

Why do writers insist on making fat people evil?
- JK Rowling

no specifically its more than that. he asked about wizard finances and james says something generic about his galleons and vernon gets offended and thinks hes having a piss. they were all having dinner or something.

look it up if you want theres more explained

It's classism. By saying "I have gold" James is implying he's from Old Money and if what James was like based on what a lot of characters who disliked him were like he probably said in a way that could easily be construed as snobbish. Wizards are pretty well known for looking down their noses at 'muggles' Vernon is clearly middle class at best and in England Classism like that is a sore issue and people, especially the middle class HATE when the upper class look down on them.

Top kek

It's simple classism, that's how vernon took it. James is being an elitist snob and making fun of vernon asking him about money because it's not an issue for him. (And you know what, he's probably right, based on Harry's inheritance, James did come from old wizard money)

yea definitely. the fact that the muggles view them as crazy dressing batshits coupled with james possibly slight snobbishness whether intentional or not would make vernon pissed about his talk

based bloomburger looking out for authentic literature

to be quite honest familia, fat people are proportionally more disposed to acting inappropriately because of perceived low self image. They get mad at comments about their weight that haven't been made yet but might be one day. They perceive compliments by and large as sarcastic insults. They imagine the worst possible thing a person could be thinking about their voluminous fatty tissue if someone looks in their direction for more than a standard glance and if you don't look they are affronted by the people too good to cast their eyes on the land whale. And they do it because they don't even like the way they look. So a disproportionately large number of them Coke at the world with an already defensive and angry stance which predisposes them to evil acts.

Somebody wrote on Sup Forums about a year ago that the whole wizard thing was Harry Potter having a dissociative identity disorder to protect him from Uncle Vernon's sexual abuse. user thought that the closing credits for the last film should be the credits rolling as Uncle Vernon violently sodomises Harry in the cupboard under the stairs.

In addition, acknowledge this predisposition toward a bad attitude is considered victim blaming by the hambeast community because if no one had ever said anything bad about being fat in the first place, no fatties would have to live ready for a fight

This is very much a sister argument to "if those Jews hadn't been Jews we wouldn't have had to kill them" that the Nazis used at Nuremberg.

RAGTIME BEEFY O' WEEFY

The brothers who made puma and adidas split their company over sometging even more petty shit happebs famm

No post on Sundays.
HA!

>its a redditor tries to ape raimi cancer meme posting for his own reddit memeing episode
oh boy
peter is it you again?

Corey, you think Breaky Bad is good. You have no taste whatsoever.

>Great Gatsby
>Les Miserable
>Don Quixote
>God-tier

That's a big plate of copypasta you got there.

they were in bomb shelter during the war one of them said something like "here come those pigs again" referring to the allied bombers and the other brother thought he was referring to him and his family

>escapism for the dumb-dumbs

that feel when I got feels when I read the article in some magazine that Harry Potter was and escape from reality for a mother with down syndrome child and now she is worried because no more books "what will happen now without my Harry?"

It has nothing to do with classism, Vernon is a cunt who would take offense if James genuinely complimented him on anything

>Vernon, Petunia, what a lovely home you have, and Dudley's growing up to be a fine young man too
>FUCK OFF JIM, GO BACK TO YOUR CARD TRICKS, YOU FOOKING HIPPY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Essentially, Vernon and Petunia are Toxic narcissists who thrive on making other people miserable. Dudley and Harry serve as your archetypal Golden child and scapegoat respectively. Dudley is perfect and can do no wrong HOW DARE A FILTHY PEASENT LIKE YOU SAY OTHERWISE, Harry should be grateful they treat him like shit, oh sure he could have been adopted by people who weren't abusive cunts, but then he wouldn't have the privilege of basking in the glory of Vernon and Petunia's massive egos.

James was kind of a dick
Vernon and Petunia are abusive monsters

>oh no, a bunch of assholes with NPD don't like what I said

Go fuck yourself user, I grew up in an abusive household and I have no patience for these kind of people, fictional or otherwise. The metal gymnastics some people perform to justify their actions makes me wanna puke.

Fuck Vernon
Fuck Petunia
Fuck Dudley
and fuck aunt Marge too.

Yes, yes well done mailman

HOWEVER

typical brexit voters

what did he mean by this?

Fine Day Sunday.
Why is it?

no shitpost on sunday

JK spends her days retroactively buttfucking her own canon on twitter. This is a thing.

The Cursed Child is on the same level as My Immortal

What the fuck

To be fair, James probably was a huge douche.

>le Atlas Shrugged is good meme

libertarians are autistic

It was from CollegeHumor

To be fair, retroactively claiming that Hermione was black is just as stupid

Obesity is a fairly handy way to convey several of the "deadly sins" in characterization. Sloth and gluttony,obviously and maybe avarice or envy as well.

It gives them an inflated sense of real-world self-worth

>you can only enjoy hard literature or you're a pleb
What a boring, narrow fucking view to have. There aren't many masterworks of literature, you know. What, maybe a hundred, two? You're going to burn through those in a lifetime and you're going to be left with nothing but a repeat of those experiences. Why limit yourself like that?

Imagine only being able to enjoy French art-house films or something to that end, all the things you would miss simply because you weren't open minded enough. Do you only listen to Mozart? I can't imagine what it would be like to go through life and being such an uninteresting person.

There's nothing wrong with hard literature -- it's fantastic and should be appreciated for what it is -- but there's nothing wrong with enjoying genre fiction or anything else of its ilk. Broaden your horizons and become a more well-rounded person.

a good chunk of the shit that Harry had to put up with in his life wouldn't have happened if James wasn't a cunt

>your dad was an asshole to me so I'm going to make your life hell

oh okay, yeah that sounds very fair and mature.

Holy fuck I just remembered how much I hated these pricks when I was a kid.
Fuck them

Why is The Heart of Darkness considered Shit Tier?

It's popular and that entire image and post is bait.

Oh, sorry.

Yes, yes Vernon well done. No post on Sundays.....

HOWEVER

kek, best one yet.

Looks like these books pressed some buttons with you, ay mate?

Why were the Dursleys the best part of the books and the movies?

>james responds he has gold.
I don't get it. What's the joke?

>Hufflepuff group masturbation sessions
Those tweets can't be real, this is literally Sup Forums level memeing.

>Fuck Petunia
>Fuck Dudley
Dudley had his redemption, he realized both that his parent had damaged him and he realized that he had been unfair to harry, hes not a bad fellow.
Petunia was both jealous of her sister and extremely sad she was separated from her by not being a wizard. This grew to apathy about vernons treatment of him and not standing up for him. In the end though shes neither good nor bad, only human.
Vernon is a real jerk though.

Bumping for monday

>in England

England and everywhere.

Kek what the fuck, why isn't there a screencap for that?

t. subhuman pleb