I am in a hypo-manic state. AMA

I am in a hypo-manic state. AMA.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IX4X2I4HQ7s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tfw been riding the manic wave for weeks and know the worst is coming sometime soon

FUCK

what the fuck kind of new-age liberal bullshit is a "hyno-manic"

I'm not trying to self-diagnose here, but I see me in that picture.

It's not too bad. Just had a talk with my wife where I told her I need to have a conversation with her. She is a worrier and this made her very anxious. She was also very tired and said a few "not now"-type things that were very hurtful. But I forgive her and believe that things will work out for the best.

Are you feeling euphoria or are you just very productive? I recently had a hypomanic phase where my brain completely skipped over the euphoria part

youtube.com/watch?v=IX4X2I4HQ7s

Talk to a doctor. There are medications that can help. My dad is full-blown bipolar. When he gets manic, he goes crazy. He once argued with me very forcefully insisting that it was Tuesday on a Monday.

I feel "up" and in a positive mood, butvery jittery. I am not an anxious person, but I knew it was not a good idea to create this thread and I do worry about what I might disclose. But I think I have a sense of appropriate boundaries.

That seems like type 1 though, which is "worse" than type 2. Type 2's dont get manic, only hypomanic, so we dont really lose touch with reality

Well that's good user. Do you have a tendency to overstep your boundries when hypomanic?

hypomania is a mild form of mania. When you are hypo-manic, you display some symptoms of mania, such as euphoria and grandiose sense of self, but you are not delusional. That means, you don't believe things that evidence shows are not true (ex. I am Jesus Christ, the most common delusion).

so... you're basically a type-2 manic with no real issues. kind of like someone complaining when they can't sleep after drinking a mild cup of coffee.
shut the fuck up and relax. call me when you have a REAL manic phase and want to blow your brains out because you lost all talent and drive, faggot.

All the fucking time. I have a hard time connecting with people. I take medication that increases empathy. When I am on it, I try to "solve" peoples problems. I will but into conversations and talk to people I barely know like we are good friends. I crave intimacy, so I just presume it.

I am not complaining. I'm here to answer questions. Did you have a question?

Also, how am I supposed to call you *after* I blow my brains out?

I am craving McDonald's french fries very badly right now. I can almost smell them. I hope I am not losing touch with reality.

OP here. I don't think I am delusional. But I am pretty tired. Going to bed. If I wake up and thread is still here, I will answer any questions then. Thank you all to hVe asked questions so far.

Not OP but I'm type 2 and I can get really suicidal when in depressed phase. It's a small miracle I'm still alive

I circled back because I haven't fallen asleep yet. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you are getting treatment.

Goony goo goo!

Thank you user, I'm going to try to get into therapy soon. I have my family supporting me in the meantime