Scaruffi on Quebec

>Ween seem intent in proving that they can play instruments on Quebec (Sanctuary, 2003), but the result is that the duo is not even funny anymore. If they thought they could emulate Godspeed You Black Emperor (as in Alcan Road or If You Could Save Yourself), they were badly misguided. The truth is that even the best material, the hard-rocking It's Gonna Be a Long Night and Chocolate Town, would not have found space on their early albums.
>4/10

is he right?

Other urls found in this thread:

scaruffi.com/vol5/ween.html
teamrock.com/feature/2014-07-22/was-the-beatles-sgt-pepper-a-signpost-to-prog
twitter.com/AnonBabble

is this real?

scaruffi.com/vol5/ween.html
yes

This is strange since I decided to take this cd and listen to it last night and today in my car for the first time in a while. I'd give the album a 7 at least

>scaruffi proves to be a pretentious retard for the 50000th time
wow what a surprise

Quebec just clicked with me recently and it's their best album

I disagree, but it's better than white pepper

I don't like Ween, I find them annoying, but Scaruffi is incredibly full of shit. He has awful taste. Don't forget how he knocked The Beatles, and how his favorite metal band is Type O Negative. People make the mistake of assuming that just because someone is successful in one field, they must have valuable insights into others. They don't. The fact that he's a neuroscientist doesn't mean he knows the first thing about music. There's obviously overlap, as demonstrated by Oliver Sacks' lifelong interest with music's effects on cognition, but Scruffy is no Oliver Sacks. He's a trolling libertarian pedophile.

Is type o negative not good? I bought this tape called October rust by them because it looked cool. Is that a good alburm?

well that's kind of a random album to compare it to
I agree with you but still

if you could save yourself sounds nothing like gsybe

type o is great, why the fuck would you let some random user convince you to not listen to an album? october rust is probably their most poppy, least metal album though

But the Beatles are bad and Type O Negative is good

I think he made the comparison because there's violins in it
I wish I was kidding

funny he hates them, because the beatles were one of peter steele's biggest songwriting influences and it shows

Fripp was influenced by the Beatles as well
or at least talked highly of them

that's surprising, i had no idea

>King Crimson are generally accepted as one of the pre-eminent prog bands with releases like In The Court Of The Crimson King, In The Wake of Poseidon and Lizard. Robert Fripp has made no secret of the fact that hearing the orchestral grandeur of A Day In The Life, arguably the most iconic track on Sgt. Pepper, was “incredibly powerful.” He once said that “something opened up” when he heard it on the radio.
>As early as 1969, Crimson were covering Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds at rehearsals. Though perhaps the band’s most overt acknowledgement came a year later, when Happy Family – one of Lizard’s most enduring songs – bemoaned the messy break-up of The Beatles. Fast forward to 2000’s live album Heavy ConstruKction and you’ll find Tomorrow Never Knew Thela, which fuses Thela Hun Ginjeet with John Lennon’s Sgt. Pepper precursor, Tomorrow Never Knows. This wasn’t all Fripp’s doing either. Guitarist Adrian Belew was a huge fan of The Beatles’ Revolver/Sgt. Pepper period.
teamrock.com/feature/2014-07-22/was-the-beatles-sgt-pepper-a-signpost-to-prog
the article also mentions their influence on early Pink Floyd, which is another artist Scaruffi loves (early on at least)
so yeah, Scaruffi is very dumb

>it's strange that a retard has bad taste

>according to Scaruffi, Ween's debut album > the Beatles at their height

Didnt Scaruffi come out as some sort of red pilled alt right apologist? Does anyone take this man seriously?

lol

pitchfork seriously overrated that one

I still don't get why they named an album after the froggie province.

>>according to Scaruffi, Ween's debut album > the Beatles at their height
he's not wrong