How do you like your steak?

how do you like your steak?
what type of steak do you order most, or cook the most?

Well done

With béarnaise sauce, nigger

I always order something different, don't know what I like, except it has to be cooked rare. And I do like the chewy pretty raw fat

milk steak boiled over hard, with a side of jelly beans.

Medium rare or rare occasionally. I hardly ever order steaks though, I can make a much better job of it at home than most restaurants and it costs a sixth of the price even for a very good fillet or ribeye.

I usually make it with a mushroom and red wine sauce, delicious.

I just buy a $10 steak from the grocery store. I only buy it when it's 30 to 50 percent off.

Salt steak spice and pan fry to medium. At this price it's going to be a pretty good cut while being cheaper than eating steak at a restuarant by at least half. Fat needs to be cooked to have flavor. Medium does the trick while medium rare or rare is solely reserved for shitty grade steaks.

>Medium does the trick while medium rare or rare is solely reserved for shitty grade steaks

Wat. It's really the opposite, you don't want to eat shit steak cuts rare or medium rare as it's tough as an old boot.

Medium rare with A1

If you eat your steak well done or with ketchup, or both, end your life

i'll waste all my money i want, mom and dad

step one: go to France
step 2: go to toulouse, Montpellier, Bordeax or nantes; find L'Entrecote
step three: have the salad to start - lettuce and walnuts in light vinegrette
step 4: get steak, "a pointe" in special secret sauce, with hot and crispy fresh french fries.. half of steak on plate, half on a hot plate to keep warm
step 4: get more fires when you finish the first plate. repeat until full

best steak anywhere.

Hanger steak, well done with lots of ketchup and bbq sauce.

I've personally found it the opposite. Rare shit steak is softer and easier to chew than well done shit steak. When u get into the a1 to a12 wagyu cuts which is some of the finest beefs japan can offer, those are so well marbled that even at well done they are still incredibly "melty".

I've never had shitty grade steak be easier to eat well done than rare. Not to mention the lack of marblization makes shitty grade steak dry like leather.

French cook here,
raw with a Roquefort sauce.

>say no to ketchup

I agree with the ketchup example but if you haven't had a good well done steak, you haven't had really good steak. Like I'm not talking about $60 steak u get athe a steakhouse.

I'm talking about a $53/100 gram (about $18/oz) steak that you buy in a meat market. Pic related.

Seriously if you don't cook this well done. It just tastes like a stick of butter. Well done unlocks all the meat flavour. Not even trolling.

Certain cuts of steak, especially ones that have been char grilled on a BBQ are best served with a sauce, even ketchup.
I don't care for ketchup in general, I always eat my burgers, sandwiches, hot dogs, etc. with mustard only or mustard and mayo.
But ketchup does get a bad wrap because it is so ubiquitous in the west. Ketchup has a very unique umami to it, without having MSG or seaweed in it. Also, one thing ppl should try is Del-Monte Catsup, it is better than Heinz, and never, ever buy Hunts Ketchup or any generic brand, that is just un-American.

Perfect steak for me is a medium rare rib eye with a good sear and a dish of melted whole fat traditional butter on the side, something like a Vermont creamery cultured butter or at very least Keri Gold full fat butter.

fucking pleb, medium rare master race reporting. anyone who cooks their steak well, needs to be shot. wasted an animal

"well done" means "over done", it'll taste like ground hamburger if its over cooked, and i'm not paying for ground hamburger
My family always were afraid of "blood" in their food but they had money to waste so they did buy the expensive shit, I've had plenty
I prefer my cheap steaks cooked less

wasted? nope all is eaten, raw meat with unprocessed by temperature fat is rejected in my plate - this is a waste you nigger
Have your raw steak with a starbucks coffe you hipster. Fucking fashion on raw halal meat and menstrual blood on your plate

You're crazy. There's nothing about ketchup that has an aspect of umami. Ketchup is almost entirely made up of sugar, the opposite of umami.

What I don't get is why people eat steak then cover it in sauce so there's no meat flavor. Why not just eat fries or spoonful of sauce. Is it the shitty grade texture of steak people enjoy? If it's a remotely nice cut I just have it with salt and pepper and butter.

I personally don't enjoy the taste of steak. Tastes like nothing to me.

o be confusing umami with savory, yes there is a savory aspect to it, but umami is a completely different sense.

I don't because steak is full of fat and calories. If it's cooked, you can add grease and carcinogens to that mix; if it's raw, I don't want to take the risk of getting worms.

you seem to be confusing*

hmm, Sup Forums seems to be fuckering up today

Medium rare, with au jus. fries or mashed are good, but potatas bravas are A1 amazing

Bobby: What if someone wants theirs Well Done?
Hank: We ask them politely yet firmly to leave

These guys never had actually good steak. Must be American.

Seriously go out and find GOOD steak and you will see it has to be welldone. Cut it in slices and cook it to varying different of degrees. I was surprised myself that well done was by far the crowd pleaser for this cut of meat.

Yes, the majority of steak esp American grade garbage needs to be eat medium rare if not rare. I agree. But once you get to a nice cut, go experiment with it. Seriously well done is the way to go.

I always ask for very well done and for them to put the ketchup on BEFORE putting it in the microwave.

exactly - it's a meme
no one actually wants a salmonella ridden stringy lump of hard-to-bite crap and stinky blood (aka "sauce" lol) on your plate

Those chips look perfect!

Literally every top chef in the world cooks steak rare to medium rare. You're fucking retarded.

Bone in ribeye about 1" thick, seasoned with just black pepper and garlic salt and cooked rare

Who the fuck puts ketchup on their steak?

I like well done, but it often gets dry. Amerifag tho.

> find GOOD steak and you will see it has to be welldone

>Good steak

>Must be cooked a certain way

Nigger, the japanese who sell $400/oz steaks to tourists refuse to cook them any more done than medium rare

>meanwhile americans have fucking fries with their steak

All chefs cook it the just way you autists want - the worst possible way

You're not a good troll

>i would like my steak well done
>sorry we dont serve that here

not even gordon memesay would get away with that

steak???? real men eat spring rolls, get rich or try dyin'. just saying man.

that is a traditional French Bistro meal called "Steak Frites" meaning steak and fries.
It is a popular meal in France and the French speaking part of Belgium.
You do realize "French fries" were invented in Belgium and introduced to America by Thomas Jefferson after the civil war when he was invited by Americas Ally France to a state visit.

revolutionary war, not civil war.. hahha, my bad

Find me a link to a video or article of ANY reputable chef saying they prefer their steaks well done.

Protip: it's impossible.

But hey, keep convincing yourself that ruining expensive steaks makes them taste better.

I'm not saying they won't cook it beyond medium rare, but they all agree that beyond medium rare the steak is ruined.

You've literally never had God tier steak. Also you are talking shit because Ivery had kobe steak in japan and they will cook it the way you want. Look, I'm just talking about my own experience. Rare steak loses all flavour to me while welldone steak gets tough as shit unless it's really expensive steak. Go try it yourself and maybe you will still like kobe steak raw.

It's inexpensive too. Buy a really nice steak for 50 bucks for like an 8 oz steak. Then cut it up and cook it to ur desire. Post results.

just honest, you hipsters who don't cook it other way that you personally want are worst than vegans, fucking nazis just give me the steak the way I like and go masturbate on your uncooked un-well-done meat, just remember use ketchum to kill the taste, dont search for excuses that well done is most difficult to make

>You've literally never had God tier steak
I have had kobe beef.

>Rare steak loses all flavour to me
That's because you have a shit palate and can't tell the difference between beef and actual poo on your plate

>Then cut it up and cook it to ur desire
Advocating cutting up a steak before cooking it just proves how little clue you have about cooking. Again, you're fucking retarded.

Blue rare, of course. Side dishes welcome but no sauce or other crap on top of it. And I want to cut the meat myself

>2017, Voting for Trump and eating your steaks how celebrity "chefs" tell you too.
Eat a fucking steak the way you like, if you want a Somalian amputee to marinate it in semen, and that is how you think it tastes best, then more power to you.

Sirloin, medium well. With friend eggs and other breakfast niceties nearby.

find me a link to any eu politican saying that rapefugees are disgusting subhuman sandniggers
protip: its impossible
yet almost they all in their personal opinion think exactly as the un-cuck citizens.

chefs have to say popular opinions because people have bad / shit taste and would be mad at chefs if they dare to say otherwise

its a culinary meme my friend

Try harder

Lol all steaks are cut up unless you're eating from the cow moron.

Where did you have kobe steak? What grade? The best kobe steak I had was at a kobe yakiniku place in Osaka. Literally the chefs serve you the kobe raw in thin slices before they grill it in front of you. How the fuck can you say steaks aren't meant to be cut.

Raw steak has no flavour. Fact.

If you eat steak like this you deserve to get lined up and shot.

Dude, Hunts is awesome. I'll buy nothing else.

FYI u cannot get kobe steak outside of japan.

Also do you know why ALL steaks we eat are aged for a minimum of 14 days? It's cuz it's fucking flavorless otherwise. We have to rot meat to give it a chance to have any flavor.

this is above well done - looks dry and rock hard
real well done is soft and delicate inside

That's over cooked or shit meat even if it's a filet mignon.

>inb4 trolls. You are a fucking moron to order a filet mignon in a restuarant. It's overpriced terrible texture and flavorless/little flavor steak.

>highest quality meat

I beg to differ.

tread is ded
all trolls with their sick raw meat love fucked off

the chaepes, well done with ketchup. Best taste of the world!