The Night Of

Where is my Night Of thread?

Another solid episode.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nPw-gIn6aj8
youtube.com/watch?v=sXI9bmE-sps
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I liked the episode a lot but I'd like it be a little more subtle. It's trying just a little too hard for me, but I'm also being picky. I'm really getting into it.

I like it, but every time there's a Turturro scene I just imagine Gandolfini doing it far better and I get sad.

His parents break my fucking heart. Very good casting.

I'm pretty sure Turturro is channeling Gandolfini on purpose as tribute and he's doing an excellent job.

"You wanna do jew time? Do a jew crime!"
best quote of the show

Really shocked Sup Forums isn't talking more about this show.

There was a pretty sweet thread a couple of hours ago but it went into limbo.
I guess we have to lurk a reddit then.

This show works so well as a crime drama because I've been literally scared for the main Paki guy since the moment I started watching. One thing that keeps coming into my head is "wholy shit dude he is FUUUUUCKKKKEDDD"

Good television. Makes me not want to trust anyone ever again, but....

"You gonna get that phone out of your ass yourself or do I have to?"

Man, Box is really good. I would have spilled my guts to him.

Does Turturro genuinely care for the boy or does he just want to make a name for himself?

This show is too mature for Sup Forums. People here rather talk about that show about some kids and a monster.

I can't be the only one who thinks about "Crime and Punishment" every time Box is on screen?

I know that Porfiry Petrovich is one the of the most(if not THE MOST) influential literary detective characters, but for some reason i can't stop thinking about him when i see Box.

He didn't even know he was charged with murder though. He just saw a scared guy sitting alone in a cell. So it's neither - he's just a lawyer and he got lucky.

he's my favorite character. Jack Stone is out for personal glory and doesn't give a shit about Naz. Box actually wants to know what's going on.

he already has a name and he doesn't care about the boy

>Box actually wants to know what's going on

No he doesn't, he wants Naz to admit to the story Box himself has created based on the circumstantial evidence. He doesn't give a shit what really happened.

>he wants Naz to admit to the story Box himself has created based on the circumstantial evidence.
honestly, there is literally no evidence suggesting anyone else killed her right now so he's just pursuing the only lead he has. BUT he is also looking into the girl's mysterious past, and I guarantee he's going to be the first one to find out that he made a mistake and rectify it. the guy screams antihero to me.

I was all in during the first ep, but the second one bored me a lot. The burn is too slow.

Paul Sparks just screams murderer to me.

that's a strong possibility. caught his daughter with an Arab, killed her in a rage.

>he's going to be the first one to find out that he made a mistake and rectify it.

Everything shown about his character so far suggests otherwise.

>Everything shown about his character so far suggests otherwise.
really? I don't see it that way. Jack Stone said "he'll screw you, but he'll do it in the right way".

Petrovich seems more overtly friendly than Box.

"It's A Disposable"

He's already tampered with evidence that doesn't fit the narrative (removed the inhaler from the crime scene) and then proceeded to try and bribe a confession out of Naz by playing nice guy and giving him the inhaler.

>He's already tampered with evidence that doesn't fit the narrative (removed the inhaler from the crime scene)
How does an inhaler not fit the narrative? Jack Stone said a jury could easily see a killer as asthmatic.

The inhaler was conveniently placed right next to the body, despite this there was no blood or anything on it.

yes but they probably took a shitload of pictures of it before he took it

That doesn't matter, if it's a piece of evidence it's a piece of evidence, it has to be sealed up, not given back to the criminal.

didn't they already fuck up the chain of custody on something else? little more won't hurt.

I guess I can concede to your view but I still believe Box is a better detective than you give hm credit for.

I never said he was a bad detective, he clearly knows what he's doing. I just disagree that he's going to change his viewpoint about Naz. He seems pretty convinced that Naz did it at this point and seems more concerned with finding evidence to get a conviction instead of finding out what really happened.

He didn't tamper with evidence, he wanted to see Naz's reaction to it, because actual killer is aware that left an inhaler there and Box would've gotten a reaction from him when he showed him that he knows about it.

you realize it's still possible Naz did it, right?

>remove evidence from crime scene and return it to criminal
Sounds like tampering

I firmly believe Naz did it, but will get off on a bullshit technicality (which is how Stone becomes famous) and the inevitable moral of the story will be that the justice system can screw individuals, but it can also protect them as well.

I think that's where the praise from critics is coming from. The first couple of episodes so far are pushing one narrative, but it will completely change by the end.

the part where all the niggers were listening to Naz's crimes he was being charged with and were all like "damn" had me rolling.

also I must have screamed PUT THAT FUCKING HARVARD SHIRT INSIDE OUT a dozen times. what was he thinking?

If Naz did it then why didn't he have blood on him when he woke up downstairs? He didn't look freshly showered.

anyone seen the British Show it's based on? Criminal Justice? Does this feel like it's changing things up?

>I firmly believe Naz did it, but will get off on a bullshit technicality (which is how Stone becomes famous)
So like "Witness of the Prosecution"?

Sorry I don't see Naz' motive at all.

He doesn't need a motive, he went crazy after doing all of those drugs. That keeps him sympathetic enough for the audience to feel empathy for him while he gets railroaded through the justice system, but allows the audience to get upset when he gets off on a technicality.

That will be the dual moral ending. The justice system can be manipulated from the inside and out. You just have to know how to play the game.

Hm, sounds plausible.

However, you don't turn into a crazy maniac after taking xtc and coke. Granted, he could have taken others during the blackout but somehow I doubt that.

It's actually really common for first time drug users to experience psychosis

Okay, I haven't heard about any murders commited while on extacy. If anything, he would be happier. It would be very hamfisted.

He was mixing coke and exctacy and god knows what else. Sounds like the perfect mix for stimulant induced psychosis

How is it mature?

honestly if someone other than Naz did it I would be very disappointed.

It was clearly that black guy at the petrol station who took umbrage to the dumb bitching chucking a cigarette out of the car window.
She accidentally left the back door open when letting out the cat and that's how he got in.

Petrol station guy
Bodies friend
Stepfather
Naz' brother

There are still other possibilities

yeah but Naz actually being the killer is the most compelling outcome out of all of those.

Naz's brother? What the fuck?

It could be a religiously motivated thing. Naz's brother followed him to the party (as they are clearly close and he looks up to him) and was enraged by the temptress who got Naz to abandon his religion.

>Stepfather

White. Played by Based Mickey Doyle.

He did it, thanks HBO wow

In the British series some surveillance camera footage is released that clears the main character.

Also the main character isn't Muslim.

>He's already tampered with evidence
no, it was clearly marked (no 39) and photographed already. It is now inventory only.

Yes, and who says he gave Naz the same inhaler?

because it would probably kill naz if he got a different one

Who don it?

Step father - motive: get the house
Neighbor - motive: horny old man that liked young women
Naz - motive: drugged up
Black friend that went missing - motive: drug dealer, violent, black
Black hearse driver - motive: black, violent, horny

I think it's the black friend that went missing.

The step father has no injuries which you would suspect in a knife fight.

Must be the two blacks on the street setting up Naz.

If that fucking deer is a secret camera...

so on IMDB it shows that Nas only plays in 2 eps. That must be a mistake right? I'm scared he will be killed off in jail or something.

Also wouldn't the cops find out the girl wasn't sexually assaulted? Don't they use rape kits to check things like that? The sex was consensual.

I kinda hope this because I wanna see more Bodie. That guy has such a natural comedic charisma.
>his reaction when Box asks how much weed is gonna fall out if he turns him upside down

I like Stranger Things too senpai

oof that is highly probable they showed that fucking thing way too much.

It also shows Box with 2 eps only. Has to be an error. Although it would be a cool twist if he dies in prison.

but he's shown to be in the preview so we already know it's an error.

How did blood get on that deer by the way?

Because someone violent stabbed the shit out her multiple times. Blood would have been flying everywhere.

lol that's not how inhalers work. I use the same one (blue one called ventolin) and it's just something to widen your lungs. And it's easy to get one at a drug store or something. So yeah it could be a different one Box just bought somewhere.

She looked to be stabbed in her bed and the deer is in another room.

Thanks, didn't get to see the preview

Naz umped into it, that's where the scratches on his back came from.

It's obviously some people called Freddie's crew. Who are they?

They're listed on IMDB.

inmates at rikers

Freddie is obviously the dude who wanted to speak to Naz in the preview. I imagine we'll get some flashbacks of Oz for the rest of the series.

between this and the Westworld set looking a lot like Deadwood, is HBO trying to return to the glory days?

Wait so the blood, is it his or hers?
Did he touch it with his bloody hands or something?
I can't remember since I watched episode 1 so long ago.

When he broke in to get his keys he cut his left hand on the glass.

Scratches on the back came from her nails during sex.

do they really let you give up any drugs you have on you when you go to holding with no repercussions?

Weed is only a ticket now in NYC. I don't think they arrest for less than an ounce.

x coke and shots of tequila

The show is so dark and atmospheric, lives up to its title

Not an arab

plus box saw a ton of other pills on her nightstand

it's what True Detective season 2 should have been.

This is actually True Detective season 3

>scratches from her nails
That's what I thought but then this other guy said the scratches came from the deer and I thought I missed something.

its a fill in for 3 but it has nothing to do with pizzapie

He didn't know that.

Some called it generic, but I absolutely love the intro.

youtube.com/watch?v=nPw-gIn6aj8

I was just making that up

can this show have a scene that measures up to this youtube.com/watch?v=sXI9bmE-sps

I doubt it

>Today. Not the night of.

Fucking really?

Is it good?

Should I watch?

this whole thread is speculation

so is your moms pussy

because nobody has ever seen it except my dad and me

Yeah something as technically impressive and in your face as that probably won't happen but the scene where Naz is arranged and sent to Riker's Island was horrifying. He's going to hell on earth and there's nothing he can do about it.

>Yeah something as technically impressive and in your face as that probably won't happen but the scene where Naz is arranged and sent to Riker's Island was horrifying. He's going to hell on earth and there's nothing he can do about it.

He did stab her you fuck.

He's not completely innocent.

He should serve some jail time.

You've seen your moms pussy?

I don't think he did it but either way the prospect of going to prison is terrifying for anyone, but especially so for someone not familiar with the system. They did a good job of showing that with how the officers acted. It's their every day life, the prisoners who have been there before know the drill. Naz doesn't have the mentality or physicality to fit in that world. He's been a nervous wreck the whole time but this was the first time I really felt it. It's a big difference between the jail he was at and the prison he's in now.

Allegedly.

is rikers technically a prison or a jail? here in texas while you await your court date they keep you in county jails not prison