What do you guys make of larping?

What do you guys make of larping?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zds9gHLXVFM
youtube.com/watch?v=FPbTWDeqQf0
youtu.be/uWtlMjwLqtY
youtube.com/watch?v=VufilzHKTqk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's cool, you should check out the documentary The Sasquatch Gang. It's about larping

i think its ok to do, as long as you don't call it larping, and dont make too big a deal out of it

Was expecting "it's gay" for the first response.
gg user

I think the world might be a little bit better place if more people stopped giving a fuck and just had some more damn fun like larpers do. Not necessarily larping itself, but having fun without worrying about what people think.

Agreed

I think it's faggotry, but it has the potential to be *impressive* faggotry. Like the guys in that documentary, "Darkon", who put all that effort into a LARP that been running for like 12 years and had this massive backstory that all of them had memorized...it was all incredibly autistic and gay, but the shear scope of it made it impressive anyway.

>Dude, you're a massive homosexual beta male and you're wasting your life...respect.

Doesn't tickle my ass. Why would I give a fuck about what someone else spends their free time on?

Sounds like they were just having fun with a past time they all enjoy.

As long as they weren't running around in public dressed as elves and shit I'd hardly call it autistic.

can be fun but i prefer just playing at the table or computer simply because its less time consuming
it is great for acting out plots organically when writing

Don't watch this movie, it's extremely gay.

Because this it the internet, and we have to shit on people's hobbies.

*is

Hell yea, looks like fun

When I was a kid we used our p p to larp

They were having loud, in-character arguments at Denny's. About the fate of the kingdom and the ancient accords and shit. They weren't dressed like elves, but somehow two dudes wearing wearing street clothes loudly arguing about Baldur's Gate bullshit was more autistic still.

If be down to get into some LARP. Only downside might be the uber-geeks swarming everywhere, but I'm proficient with several martial weapons so I'd do pretty well. Plus, potential RP pussy. Definitely an interest.

Needs repeating:

I think the world might be a little bit better place if more people stopped giving a fuck and just had some more damn fun like larpers do. Not necessarily larping itself, but having fun without worrying about what people think.

If you've got a 'definite' interest, hit up /tg/. LARP isn't really their wheelhouse, strictly speaking, but they do have intermittent LARP generals now and again. You could probably find information there, grok the basics and see if there's anything going on in your local area.

It is fun if people involved aren't too serious about it, just like airsoft.

That isn't LARP in my view.

I do historical larp-- it is rather popular here in Germany. My group and I go to cons where we all sleep in Viking era tents, roast meat, dress only in historical gear and try to have some fun with bashing other teams.

I only do the Viking age era larp. We use foam weapons from special companies because the full-on metal larping is far too fucking dangerous. You have to have thousands of dollars to piss away and have the notion "front teeth are just options in life" to do that shit.

Case and point:
youtu.be/zds9gHLXVFM

Yes, dude just ate a fucking log to his face and chest.

Jesus fucking Christ

That sounds fun as hell

In the US, and I believe the rest of the Anglosphere, we'd call that "Historical Reenacting" rather than LARPing. If there's a big, strict focus is period accuracy, it's Reenacting; if it's more casual and the setting allows the possibility of fantastic elements, it's LARPing.

Historical larp is very fun.
As an added bonus, we often can just go to a fantasy con if we are between historical cons. I don't like it so much as it tends to be a cluster fuck of geeks that make other geeks feel the cringe. But it is something to do.

The metal stuff? Well, you can see the video the potential problems you might have from joining that.

In Germany we don't make this distinction because of weaponry. We use foam and go through the entire "got to name yourself" and keep in character throughout the con.

We call the full metal suits and fighting only-- A.H. or H.E.M.A
Because there is no focus on living the life of a fictional historical being.

WTF? How the fuck is this the first time I've ever seen this insanity?

I LARP every once in a while and I always have a good story after. Here, have one.

>lvl 1 Necromancer, hiding powerlevel until I got enough points to instantly become lvl 30
>Healing spell rips flesh together, smashes bones back into place and starves you to replicate blood
>Basically find someone else to heal you
>Solari Sunelves occupy our town
>Nazis
>Goose Stepping Army marches through with its venerable Grand Commander
>"Step aside, Necromancer, make way for your Elven overlords."
What are you gonna do if I don't? kill me? Break me? There's nothing you can do that would be considered a sharp pressure compared to the wretched nightmare that is my every waking second.
>"You've nothing to lose, but you've nothing to gain it would seem. One final time, Necromancer, before I make an example of you. FLEE."
... Don't make me heal you...
>Warband starts laughing, Commander says I'm insane and commands my slaughter.
>Step forward and grab his arm
By the Tome of Ordeals, I inflict the Curse of Grim Fleshmending - Heal 10, spine snapping spasms radiate across your body
>Army waits until their Grand Commander stops spasming to try to kill me
>Leader stops his army
>"New strategy. We go around the Necromancer."
>Bitchpreme Commander and army go around me
>Whole fuckin town saw it
>Town is taunting and singling them out
>Almost got PK'd
>Fuck the police

Larping's fucking gay and autistic, anyone that does this should be gassed

It's live-action D&D, as long as it has rules and people aren't being seriously injured, it's fine. Honestly we should spend MORE time exercising our creativity in judgement-free zones. Or, at least, zones where groups can agree on what is appropriate and what is really undesirable behavior. Like D&D, it helps the mind unravel itself from obsessions in our own lives, and transplants us somewhere else.

Relief from bullshit, if only for a few hours.

kek

>Honestly we should spend MORE time exercising our creativity in judgement-free zones.
Like liberal school's "safe zones"

I'd rather larpers about to engage in a larp-brawl at a denny's than furries anyday.

It's a bit gay but so is this dick in my ass so who am I to judge?

.......riiiiiiight

There's tournaments for this kinda shit too. There's ACTUALLY a sport dedicated to this, 2 teams just beat the piss out of eachother.

youtube.com/watch?v=FPbTWDeqQf0

Well yes, the furfags need a big dose of Vitamin Zyklon B. That goes without saying. Who the hell said furries were the baseline we were judging from, though?

We grade on a curve they set, then fucking everything else is acceptable, innit?

Admit it, German-bro, this isn't a "sport" at all. You guys are just sick of the Saracens infesting your country and this is how you train to remove kebab. It's not a hobby, it's practice for the next Crusade hiding behind the face of recreation. Admit it.

...I approve, by the way.

Sadly I'm not German-bro. I'm worse.

I'm French Leaf (Canadian). Fuck my life.

Seems like it could be pretty fun but if I was going to bother I'd probably join a HEMA club.

Bullshit
youtu.be/uWtlMjwLqtY

Feels for trips

No, zones like LARP'ing where you have a pre-determined set of traits, names, and motivations. You get judged not by who you are, but who you are PRETENDING to be. So it's never really a direct judgement. Pretty liberating. And I understand that there is no actual real "judgement-free zone", but that's the goal. Toss off your bullshit and do goofy but fun shit with strangers/friends for a few hours. Then, back to the grind.

kinda gay, isnt that what that kid from Role Models was into? I mean, have your fun but its a bit gay. Playing baseball or golf or something would be cooler. Its like adults who still play video games or collect toys. That shits for kids.

LIGHTNING BOLT LIGHTNING BOLT LIGHTNING BOLT LIGHTNING BOLT LIGHTNING BOLT LIGHTNING BOLT LIGHTNING BOLT LIGHTNING BOLT LIGHTNING BOLT LIGHTNING BOLT LIGHTNING BOLT LIGHTNING BOLT

"HEY GANDALF! NICE DRESS."
youtube.com/watch?v=VufilzHKTqk

I want to do it sooo so bad... I want to do Half-Life 2 Larp as a Combine Civil Authority.