Why are critics so susceptible to gimmicks...

Why are critics so susceptible to gimmicks? Boyhood's ratings were extremely bloated due to the filmed over 12 years gimmick and Tangerine is a pile of garbage that only received recognition because it was filmed on 3 iphones and starred 2 black transgender """""women""""" who happened to be ex prostitutes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=euq7gvzQXJk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

seen The Tribe? another example

I liked that, tbph

What's the gimmick?

Avatar is another good example of this. It's mediocre as a story/movie and all the gimmicky shit from that movie has been done to death now.

follows a group of mute and deaf kids. no music. no subtitles, though they sign.

Because film "critics" are the biggest group of hacks on this planet

Have you seen synecdoche new york?
Movie despite being about the directors miserable life is about this knid of bullshit.
For some fucking reason critics love stuff like that.

About the only groups of critics that isn't susceptible to bullshit (like film critics with gimmicks or gayme critics with paid reviews) are food (which is a lot more objective) and music (which is extremely subjective)

The fact that anybody would consider Boyhood one of the best movies ever (or even in that year, really) is mind-boggling.

Good thing Whiplash came out that year and BTFO of Boyhood.

its been a while since i watched a movie with long shots so i enjoyed that at least

the abortion scene was done well enough as well

>it's a Sup Forums complains about critics episode
I wish you guys would just be a little nicer to your superiors. They know what is best for you, they really do, or else they wouldn't have been hired.

Because it's in the interest of their ego to act like this.
They love gimmicks because it lets them pretend the subject matter they review has supreme sophistication, thus they themselves are extremely sophisticated.

>your superiors
Self proclaimed "critics" that deny anything that is not their taste is called a superior now?
Jesus

This are real critics not some sorry ass people on rotten potato
youtube.com/watch?v=euq7gvzQXJk

I ignore 'professional' ratings from critics now..

The Emmys, for example, are a joke. Golden Globes are quite literally paid for. It's a big scam.

The first wave of College Millennial core

The tribe is easily the most pretentious

is michael caine in this

of coursh

>Whiplash
>Good

I remember when I started using curse words too

tempo isn't a curse word

I liked Tangerine

that actually sounds like an interesting idea.

I thought Tangerines was a great movie.

Tangerine was a good movie though. Why are you so bootyblasted about it?

no you didn't

Tangerine was actually good though