Homeless in 2 weeks...

Homeless in 2 weeks. Currently living in a small southern town with zero homeless population and zero resources for the homeless. Where do I go to have the best chance of initially securing basic help, and in the long term getting on my feet.

Kys

considered it. However, I was raised in a faith that believes thats...bad. Not an option for me. Instead I'd just like the best chance of digging out of this hole I dug myself into. Any other suggestions?

Is there anything that prevents you from getting a job?

This^ ?

New york.

transportation is a minor limiting factor. My car died a few months ago and that was kind of the start of a bunch of shit falling on me. However, there are zero jobs in the area. I have an associate's in CIT, but podunk tennessee isn't offering anything in that field. I'm not above any job. I'd take fast food if they gave it to me, but I've heard nothing from those applications either.

What's the situation with your parents? Is it not possible to ask them for help, or are you being foolishly proud?

Come live with me. You won't pay rent until you get a job, so no worries. I'm gay and a bit pshycho but I promise I won't touch you ;)

any church but catholic charity's is probably the best. I would go to the police station or fire station as they ussually have infomation on shit like that. Do you work? if not get a job doing literally anything like yesterday and save all the money for the next two weeks, you're gonna need it. if worse come to worse being homeless isnt all that bad, i tramped and freight hopped for 3 years after highschool. It takes some getting used to and you'll have to almost constantly be planning ways to improve your situation. It'll all work out Sup Forumsro

I'm a piece of shit and have six months of good times, followed by 3 months of shit times for the past few years. Parents always helped where and when they could. They're done with it. I dont blame them. I'm 35. I take full responsibility for digging my shithole. Not asking for food money or anything else. I know no one fixes this but me. I just dont know how to do that starting with 3 changes of clothes and a couple of books on programming in a duffle bag on the street. Just trying to figure out where would be the best place to start homeless and work towards being stable.

>zero resources for the homeless

Lmao k dude.

Do you have any belongings, furniture, electronics, etc? If your town is so shit, you could sell everything to get enough cash and move to the nearest big city.

Trying. I spend 4 hours or so a day walking to places to put in apps, and probably an hour or so online. Thats the problem. Fast food won't hire me. Convenience store won't hire me. Factories aint hiring. No jobs in my field here. I've exhausted my resources and help here. I just need to know what state/city should I go to to have the best chance of being safe, not going to jail for being homeless, etc.

My house has a computer desk that is so ragged I couldnt give it away, a couch and a bed that were furnished. I plan to sell my computer, but at the last possible moment so that I can use it for research on where to go. I have a tax return coming in a few days 300 dollars. I plan to use that to take a bus somewhere safe.

no job agencies in town? they put you to work fast in factories, production lines, etc. not what your looking for but it's something.

We Have one called manpower. I've been registered with them and checking in twice a week for months. Most of the local factories are on slow down phases at the moment. I know what it takes to get a job. Just none to be had at the moment. Even if I could get a job, I'm behind enough I'd still be homeless in 2 weeks, and that's .. not good in this town. Just trying to figure out somewhere to go

just keep trying man. I've done a lot of shit I didnt want to do and worked a lot of really shitty jobs for next to no pay because i needed the money. I'm not trying to be a prick and genuinely feel for your situation but making excuses and not acting isnt going to help you at all. People help people who help themselves. If you need to do something stop pussy footing around and do it. Literally the first job you can get pouring concrete or cleaning up dog shit at the pound or whatever. GET A JOB

The Left Coast - San Fransisco, Portland, Seattle...

I'm not sure how I wasnt clear. I would happily take any job offered to me. I am trying to get a job. I'm not sure what I am making excuses about. I am in this situation because I'm a piece of shit, but not because i'm lazy. I am behind enough on rent/utilities etc, that I could pay off the entirety of my bills and still get evicted.

None of this is relevant to my question. I will be homeless in two weeks. I live in an area where this is not common and there are no resources for the homeless. What city/state should I go to to have the best chance of getting on my feet or at least being safe while on the streets.

Move to Seattle. Seattle has an enormous homeless population and they can pretty much do whatever the fuck they want (e.g. pitch a tent in the middle of the city, shoot smack in public).

Hit up some church groups. They tend to have people willing to help. You may need to sit through some god talk, but it is the least you can do.

Go to your state's website. Look at governmental programs. You should be on "family first" or whatever they call your foodstamp program. They may have help with housing, or temporary housing, unemployment, disability, whatever you can try to get your hands on.

Make a pity page on goFundMe for a couple of thousand bucks to keep living with a roof over your head. Do the legwork, figure out the dirt cheapest way to live and figure out some short-term solutions. Pimp yourself out.

Go to family for help if at all possible. Bad relationship? Will they hold it over your head for the rest of your life? Well, suck up that pride. You can't afford to be prideful. There is nothing noble about being homeless, and once you becomes homeless, coming back is 10 harder than not going in the first place.

Sell everything you have. Sell your computer if you have one. If you own anything of value, fuck sentiment if it keeps you off the streets.

If you can legally panhandle, find a busy intersection and do it.

Get a fucking job. Apply at every fast food restaurant, walmart, retail in general place. In 1 day you can apply to 2 dozen places. They tend to have decent turnover. A shitty job is 1000x better than 0 job. Anything in walking/biking distance, or that you can take a fucking bus to if they run in your area.

I'm a short guy. 5 ft 5. a little out of shape at about 210 lbs. Some of it is muscle. worked out a lot when I was younger. I can handle myself in a 1 on 1 situation but what worries me about a place like seattle is that i LOOK like an inviting target. Is Seattle one of those places where a homeless gets stabbed or shot once a week and no one gives a shit?

Not at all. It is a very safe city compared to other big cities.

that sucks but check my 903

Get to omaha
Genuinely is gonna be the best advice you'll get here