Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MzlK0OGpIRs
youtube.com/watch?v=WpegFVRxarI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I unironically think Battle of the Five Armies is top kino
non-stop entertaining action

sorry if I'm not pretentious enough

elves don't weigh anything so thats possible

wow, an elf, a fictional race known for being magical and shit, just casted a passive spell to make himself lighter than air in order to survive and fight against other magical fairy tale beings.

It's not about weight, it's about push. You can't propel yourself from some ungrounded object, all the force you produce will just push the object downward, further away from you, while gravity continue to drag the both of you down as well.

I bet you jerked off to Birdman

Uh, actually it is possible. That's entirely how rockets work.

you have to push it faster than in OP but it's possible. Like user said, rockets propel fuel to move

Yes, and the object receiving the force from the rocket, if there was any, would be propelled downward faster than it would without that force.

The bricks in the gif don't do that, they just fall normally and Legolas steps on them as if they weren't falling.

>inb4 its fantasy
Still unconsistent though. If Legolas can do this, this means anyone can walk upward just by steping on the sole of their shoes.

That's cuz Legolas weighs less than 5 pounds. Look at this pic. He weighs even less than the hobbits. He can walk on snow without compacting it.

The small amount of momentum he needs to propel himself upwards doesn't change the velocity of the bricks much at all.

Nothing to do with weight.

Yeah it actually has everything to do with weight. Have you ever taken a physics course?

huh, i've seen those films dozens of times and never noticed that, nice touch.

It's not about weight. Elves are just so attuned with the world that they can ask the snow/rocks to not impede them.

youtube.com/watch?v=MzlK0OGpIRs

Legolas shieldboarding is still the worst thing he's done.

Tolkien never made a movie.

Yeah, the Hobbit trilogy was a real wasted opportunity. If only Jackson hadn't been rushed and pushed by the studio

Are you saying this didn't happen in the books? I remember it happening.

Fuck off, at least that was silly and entertaining

The rest of the battle was so fucking bland, man was I disappointed

I wish nature would love me like that

Did you like the Extended Edition user?

youtube.com/watch?v=WpegFVRxarI

Dumb kinoposter

It would have looked a hundred times better if he'd just made an impractically high leap to get up on the horse. Or at least swung up on the side he was on to begin with.

>Slowly they moved off, and were soon toiling heavily. In places the snow was breast-high, and often Boromir seemed to be swimming or burrowing with his great arms rather than walking.

>Legolas watched them for a while with a smile upon his lips, and then he turned to the others.

>`The strongest must seek a way, say you? But I say: let a ploughman plough, but choose an otter for swimming, and for running light over grass and leaf or over snow-an Elf.'

>With that he sprang forth nimbly, and then Frodo noticed as if for the first time, though he had long known it, that the Elf had no boots, but wore only light shoes, as he always did, and his feet made little imprint in the snow.

>'Farewell!' he said to Gandalf. `I go to find the Sun!' Then swift as a runner over firm sand he shot away, and quickly overtaking the toiling men, with a wave of his hand he passed them, and sped into the distance, and vanished round the rocky turn.

-The Fellowship of the Ring (The Ring Goes South).

>ywn be this retarded
why live

remember, if it sounds retarded, it's funposting and you need to go back.

Confirmed bait

ahh it was an epic troll all along!

Saw it on the premiere, the laughter was deafening from the entire crowd laughing at this.

None of that fits Tolkien's lore you nitwit.

>This level of autism

Does it matter if it's possible you neanderthals

What matters is that it's retarded

PJ was so preoccupied with whether or not he could he didn't stop to think if he should

Help me out, how do you calculate the force of that jump without the weight?

Christ, what an asshole.

it's not about weight. Haven't you ever taken a physics course? :^)

my theatre kek'd pretty hard at that scene

leaving the theatre after BotFA felt like leaving a theatre after a comedy, people were all "do you remember when X? laff"

also saw it in 3d/ 48fps so it was especially bad

Jackson really wanted no part in the Hobbit movies after Del Toro left. Huge parts of Five Armies were filmed before they even had a final script. They just filmed random battle footage and stitched it together into a movie.

Props were being finished the same day they were needed on set, he was so rushed it was ridiculous.
For LOTR everything was made before the first day of shooting.
I don't think PJ even had any storyboards for half those movies, never mind scripts, he just winged it.

I wish i could be as stupid as you ignorance is bliss

>Silmarillion will never, ever end up in Peter Jackson's Dorito stained mitts.

It's actually rather impressive it turned out as well as it did considering all the behind-the-scenes nonsense.

Not especially a good movie, but it could have been a hell of a lot worse considering.

It's a shame, I'd LOVE to see a GoT style mini-series for the Silmarillion, but the right director for such an epic has not yet appeared.

One day, perhaps...

LOTR Peter Jackson could have probably made the fight between Fingolfin and Morgoth look sweet.

Too bad LOTR was a one off and the real Peter Jackson is Frighteners Peter Jackson.

i HATED how they had legolas in the hobbit

1stly he wasnt even supposed to be there, he only appears in like 1 paragraph in the book

and secondly they made him a fucking invincible gary stu

he gets thrown across the room and smashed by a demonic orc twice his size and he doesnt even have any scratches and just brushes it off

it diminishes LOTR because suddenly its like frodo had elf superman by his side

Frogposters are fucking retards.