Does anyone else think the current iteration of Swans have the potential to be like The Velvet Underground were to...

Does anyone else think the current iteration of Swans have the potential to be like The Velvet Underground were to bands in the 70s-90s? Like they weren't super successful in their own time but were acclaimed for being really cutting edge, and literally every band cited them as an influence? I know the Swans of the 80s had their influence (Kurt Cobain cited Raping A Slave as one of his favorites) which is why I singe out the current iteration.

But current Swans are a top 40 band

You know they broke up right?

I think Neubauten has done same as well. They're not popular but those who listen are acclaiming them. They have contributed unique stuff but the "problem" is that they have no specified genre they play

no the rape accusation has killed that.

The Sawns are for today's "rock/metal" kids as The Doors was for the 90s "rock/metal"kids.
The band to namedrop to feel "mature" and with higher taste than all the other kids on the playground.

kys

Neo swans is the most successful swans has ever been though. Also tvu is still pretty influential

They haven't been good since Cop

>rock music
>cutting edge
>current year

Did you hear Wolfmother on vinyl though?

Swans have out more than four studio album and were together more than five year. Plus the only members I can name are Jarbow and Gira.

they're no longer that cutting edge
but they're doing great things with drone / post-rock / noise rock influences
and as far as making experimental rock feel cohesive, they're doing it brilliantly
>i have no frame of reference for what the majority of the population listens to
theyre playing in june

I own a first press print of The Seer AMA.

I do enjoy Swans, man, relax.
But I enjoy more the 80s noise semi-industrial Swans.
This iterarion is dads rock that kids can cite.
Nu-AOR.

There's this outro to Vitamin C that's practically identical to Little God. They're just can edgy Can.

no thats death grips

The Glowing Man is like their own Soon Over Babaluma. I don't look forward to their future projects.

I need to see this, link please. Which live version is it?

>This iteration is dad rock that kids can cite
you must know this isn't true

Sadly it is.