Why does everything evil in LotR have the letter R in it? Orcs, Uruk-hai, Minas Morgul, Mordor, Sauron, Melkor, Saruman...

Why does everything evil in LotR have the letter R in it? Orcs, Uruk-hai, Minas Morgul, Mordor, Sauron, Melkor, Saruman, Barad-dûr, Balrog, and the list goes on...

fucking normie RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRe

Gandalf
Samwise
Legolas
Gimli

Fuck, I didn't read the word evil. My bad.

Frodo
Aragorn
Dumbledore

Gollum

there's a reason the R in LotR is capitalized

>yfw LOTR backwards is TROL

Men of Gondor
Rohan
Minas Tirith
Aragorn
Frodo
Merry

Goblins...

shelob 2bh

Nazghul

Because most of those terms come from the language of Mordor, a very crude language based off olden languages of the valar and the maiar. R is very prominent in it and even acts as a consonant sometimes.

>Picard
>the Driver
>Ross
>Idris

It's probably just that he used a lot of Rs in general.

Bilbo.

R has a very threatening sound.

That's why it's called 'murder' not 'mukduk'

nazghul aren't evil, they're corrupted.

>evil

irreversably corrupted with evil

sounds pretty evil to me tbqh famalamarino

>wilfully serving evil
makes them pretty evil to me fäm

But Z is also a menacing letter

Ungoliant
Shelob
Tom bombadil

are there more scary letters you wanna tell us about?

because tolkien based his shit universe off of world war one
geRmans
Russians
pRussians

X

r is the most aesthetic letter bruh

Shelob
Ungoliant

Because Lord of the Rings is actually hell

R is a consonant.

Tolkien based it off of Finnish and welsh with a bit of Germanic thrown in

I meant in the Mordor language. Some existing languages have that feature too, like some Slavic ones for example.

Thank you

Looks like Sansa Stark.

gollum is chaotic neutral, not evil

R is a consonant in every language known to man

Dunno about wilful

>I meant in the Mordor language.

Dialect you mean. Though I think you're actually thinking of Black Speach, which there are varying iterations of in the Tolkien-verse. The pack that first attacked the Fellowship and made off with Merry and Pippin were made of Morgul, Gundabad, Moria orcs and Uruks. They had a shitload of skirmishes with eachother simply because they couldn't verbally communicate with very well on account of the varying dialects of Black Speach each group used.

>Black Speach

*Black Speech

Sorry.

why did they go out of the way to make all that makeup and prosthetics for Frodo if they're not even going to use it in the film?
why even do it in the first place when none of that occurs in the books?

The letter R isn't present in these names.

>Russians in WW1
>Evil

Because R is prominent in Grrrr
which is a spooky scary noise
Doot doot!

Rrrrrrrrrragamuffin!

...Is that Sophie Turner?

Gwindor
Imrahil
Celeborn

All good.

I'm in love with Fake Sansa.

Any of the letters from the arse of the alphabet.

Why didn't the guy who made gandalf just send a bazillion gandalfs to save middle earth?

Why did Saruman think he would share power with Sauron, when even Sarumon wanted the keys to barad-dur (to kill sauron), all the staffs, all the rings etc etc? Why did Saruman think he could kill Sauron, if they succeeded against Men?

Why didn't the dwarves send an army to attack the black gate?

Why didn't the elves send a gate to the black gate?

Why didn't everyone just get on a boat to the west?

Just kys senpai

>Their mobilization contributed to the starting of a war
>Not evil

Fansa is the best Sansa

Because it evokes the Arabic language, which uses a lot of 'R's. Arabs are evil in the real world so it makes sense.

Remember, Tolkien was a linguist.

Because Tolkien got really lazy in a lot of areas.

In the Silmarrilion, when Melkor destroys the two trees, the elves ask Yavanna to just plant two more, and the explanation for why she can't is that she's unable to. It is never explained why she can't do it again, she just can't. It's seriously lazy, and there's a lot of moments like that, sadly.

The Music of the Ainur has already been sung. The events are predestined.

Also, the Elves were practically gone from Middle Earth at the time of the War of the Ring, and the Dwarves were being assailed on their home front already.

Also, mortals cannot go to the Undying Lands. Only ringbearers and immortals. No others can reach it.

Gothmog
Ancalagon
Angband
Azog

Gandalf the gRay.

One thing that actually got me pretty annoyed in the Silmarillion is that Doriath was protected by Melian's magic, and when Thingol died she got sad and left her kingdom to it's own fate. Then the orcs came butt-fucked everyone. She basically sacrificed her own people because she got sad that one guy died, what fucking selfish bitch.