Extended cut

Guys, dont shitpost, these boards are filled with cape shitposting and no one actually talks about shit.

So yeah, that out of the way, I liked the theatrical cut better with some few exceptions that the extended one did better like Clark Kent going around town investigating Batman, the alien at the end and the extended dialog in jail.

The rest of the added scenes just weakened the point that Superman was just a man (something that is pivotal during the combat between him and Batman).

>Superman couldnt see the bomb because of lead

This just re-enforces the point that Superman is incapable of making mistakes and makes him void of any responsability, it was better when he didnt saw the bomb because he didnt take a good look at the cripple, a victim of his combat, due to shame. Makes even more sense with the line "... because I wasnt looking".

>all the bad in the african village was because of Lex Luthor after all

this is something that maybe I got it wrong in the theatrical cut, I thought that the whole rape and killing was in a different village since where Superman was looked like just a camp for militia. I thought that because he killed some warlord (and most of his men died), other villages were targeted by different militias, basicly Superman messed up something very fragile and there was a consequence for it out of his control (justifying the "when should Superman act" part of the movie)
So yeah, this version just screams "Superman did nothing wrong" while trying to explain every detail even if it was unnecessary (like the bomb)

So yeah, now I wanna hear from you guys because on other places people seem to like it and enjoy these scenes that are there just to explain stuff.

Other urls found in this thread:

popmatters.com/feature/beautiful-lies-and-false-gods-in-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The lead thing reinforces that Superman isn't omnipotent and has weaknesses and flaws that can be - and are- exploited.

Here's an interesting read that was recently published.

popmatters.com/feature/beautiful-lies-and-false-gods-in-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/

>my wholely wrong interpretation of these scenes is better than the truth

You're an idiot. Kill yourself.

It was obvious in the Theatrical cut that Luthor was involved in the desert too. Lois discussed it with Swanwick and you can infer that because it was Anatoly.

There's a few things that confused me a little.

How did Lex know that Supes couldn't see through led? And Batman knew this as well, for some reason. He also knew that his hearing was so sensitive that 50,000 hz at 300 db would be painful to him. I'm not sure how this info came about or if it was a lucky guess, but it bugged me that both came to the conclusion that his vision was based on X rays and his hearing was amazingly sensitive, given there's no way they'd know that.

MARTHA? WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME, THAT WAS MOMMYS NAME

In the theatrical cut it just plain made no sense that people would blame Superman for the deaths in Africa, but it still doesn't make sense here. Why would people blame Superman just because the rebels were burnt?
>Forensic analysis would show that a flame thrower did it, not Superman's heat vision
>Forensics would also show that the men were killed by BULLETS
>Lois' testimony would reveal that the bullets were shot BEFORE Superman arrived, and that there were a bunch of white mercenaries there that mysteriously vanished just before Superman's arrival

It's just dumb

It's been 2 years between Man of Steel and BvS.

fill in the blanks, fucktards.

>How did Lex know that Supes couldn't see through led?
That one's easy. Superman uses X-Rays, everyone knows that X-Rays can't go through lead.

How lex and Bruce know that, though?

You could argue that Lex found out by going through his school records, but Bruce didn't know about his childhood on earth

I knew that he was involved in the camp, but I thought that the women was from a nearby village that was attacked as payback for the attack from Superman, she talks screams and orther stuff, none of that was in the combat, shown.

I imagine Lex and Bruce got hold of the write up from his detainment in MoS, where it was shown that he could look and hear through thick walls, when talking to the commander

Plus, Superman's heat vision would cut them into pieces, their corpses wouldn't be intact like that.
And it would certainly be suspicious that all the corpses are gathered in a single pile and smell like kerosene.
Lex' plan was sloppy and only worked because everyone was just as stupid as him.

I think you're giving a bit too much credit to what the general public knows about superman.

They seem to just think he's a god like figure, they aren't privy to the details we as viewers are

So people (and the Government who should know better) would think that Superman flew down, shot them with bullets, gathered them into a pile, then burned them with a flamethrower instead of using his heat vision and let a bunch of mercenaries just leave?

Do the people know that he wouldn't..?

>Batman fights Supes, the movie, extended cut.
>3 hours and 2 minutes total.
54 minutes in, Bruce Wayne meets Clark Kent at a cocktail party.
>it took nearly one hour for the title characters to be on screen together.

There is really just one fight scene at the end. It is an x vs y movie. Just fast forward to when x fights y.

They would wonder why Superman would go to all that trouble instead of just punching them or lasering them to death

It's the latin "V", I believe, which means "go with" or something. Snyder mentioned in an interview he chose it instead of versus so the conclusion of the film changed the meaning of the title

Do the general public know much detail about his abilities though, is my point. Since the general public seem to associate him with super strength, flight and invulnerability, I'd argue that they don't know about the ins and outs of his heat vision, or how he accomplishes what he does.

>Since the general public seem to associate him with super strength, flight and invulnerability
Which means they would find it odd that Superman supposedly shot a bunch of people to death with special bullets.

I haven't watched the film since release, was the bullets thing made public?

But do they know he wouldn't do anything like that? They don't know much about Supes, even the government seem to know very little about him, given the way the senate meeting comes about.

Even if it wasn't, the Senate subcommittee would certainly be informed of the autopsy reports.

Superman had been active for over 18 months. He never uses guns, so it would be pretty weird for him to suddenly use them for no reason when he can just punch and laser things like he always does.

Wasn't the senate hearing about Supes general actions and not the Africa thing?

The Africa thing seemingly was painting a smear campaign

Subtle
> BvS was good meme
Thread

Good post OP, I agree with you, the extended cut explains to much. I didn't care much for the Negress plot line as well, it just didn't add much for me.

>my wholly wrong interpretation

It's not wrong if you go of the theatrical cut.

The Senate thing was a reaction to the 18 Months of "controversial" shit Superman was doing, which was brought about due to a growing public split and the smear campaign, in order for Superman to clear his name.

It wasn't about the Africa slaughtering

>implying sub 80 IQ nigs would know this

People believe what the media tells them

But Lois Lane is part of the media, how come she never makes any statements or gets the Daily Planet to do a front page explaining things?

Because of Perry

>Mr. White, we can get the scoop on all the other papers and news stations and explain what actually happened and why blaming Superman makes no sense using simple log-
>Who the fuck cares, we got football and library inaugurations to cover.

He pretty much says this tho

>this user doesn't care about library inauguration
>library inaugurations?

Wew lad, it's like you don't even like books.

That's my point, Perry White is an idiot. One of his star reporters is the witness to a major event and he does nothing with it.
Even J. Jonah Jameson is a better publisher.

She tried to. And was in the midst of the investigation before Perry told her to drop it

Which again, shows that Perry White is an idiot.
Lois didn't even need to do an investigation, she could have just written an article based on what she knew
>Terrorists were killed by bullets, not super punches or lasers like the leader was
>Superman arrived after the bullets were shot
>A bunch of mercenaries were there, then were gone
>Corpses were burnt by a flamethrower, not by heat vision (which doesn't even work that way)
>Also, the CIA was there, though that has nothing to do with Superman I guess

It would be dismissed as damage control, that's why she investigated and gave the info to that army guy