Was this remake kino?

Was this remake kino?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dTYNwwPQH4k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Still the best Snyder film. And we have mostly James Gunn to thank for that.

>And we have mostly James Gunn to thank for that.

received sole writing credit despite being heavily rewritten

I'd never heard that. Do you have a source I could check out?

>James Gunn is partially responsible for the screenplay although he received a solo writing credit. After he left the project to concentrate on Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed, Michael Tolkin and Scott Frank were brought in for rewriting.[4] In a commentary track on the Ultimate Edition DVD for the original George A. Romero's Dawn of the Dead, Richard P. Rubinstein, producer of the original and the remake, explained that Tolkin further developed the characters, while Frank provided some of the bigger and upbeat action sequences.

It's made by Snyder so yes

It's one of Snyder's best films and it's only a 7/10 that pales in comparison to George A. Romero's original. I'll never understand the love that this hack gets.

they are both good films, Romero's more so but its much more a 8

Yeah, this is ideally what remakes should be, take an old story and do a new take on it.

There was another Romero remake that did it right, called the Crazies.

Also the Island by Bay took the plot from some shitty B-movie.

JUST

>Michael Bay's The Island

Good taste.

Thanks, what's your general opinion on Bay, personally I think the Transformers hate has become a meme at this point, I think I've enjoyed most of his non Transformers work, such as Pain & Gain and the latest 13 Hours.

I truly believe The Rock is one of Hollywood's greatest action blockbusters. I very much liked Pain & Gain - especially the near-perfect tone. I haven't seen 13 Hours yet.

>The Rock

That's some serious Cagekino.

13 Hours is good, it's basically a 2 and a half hour pro American action movie, it's very apolitical and doesn't get into anything with Hillary. The action is great, and it's got Bay's style.

It seems like for every Transformer movie, Bay gets to do an R-Rated project.

The Rock is kino if only for its villain. It's hard to find fault in him and you can understand his reasoning.

not kino but very good on it's own and compared to the original.

things it did great
- the andy at the gun store character
- the pre-opening credits scene was perfect
- the blend of main, sub and disposable characters
- the timing seemed perfect between shits happening and society as we know is is gone
- music; johnny cash and richard cheese

the only point against it was the lull in the middle with the baby and the filler before and after it.

folks jab at the ending but there is really no way to end the movie unless everyone dies or makes it to a safe haven somewhere.

On a different note, I'd love to see a list of Bay's own personal favorite films.

This, I'd be interested to see what he likes.

> His most offensive criticism: Roger Ebert on Pearl Harbor (2001). He commented on TV that bombs don't fall like that. Does he actually think we didn't research every nook and cranny of how armor-piercing bombs fell? He's watched too many movies. He thinks they all fall flat - armor-piercing bombs fall straight down, that's the way it was designed! But HE's on the air pontificating and giving the wrong information. That's insulting!

Michael Bay BTFO's Roger Plebert

I like the Extended Cut.
It was respectful to the original and brought it successfully to the 21st century.

The intro is pure kino.

Agreed. It was a really good theater experience movie thanks to the tonal shifts, montage, music, etc.

No but its Intro Kino

youtube.com/watch?v=dTYNwwPQH4k
INTRO

KINO

>Dat opening sequence
>Johnny Cash playing over the opening credits montage
>Zombies are fucking running now

Pure kino. Also, I thought Sarah Polley was hot as fuck in this.