Watching man of steel

>watching man of steel
>shit starts to go down
>youtube.com/watch?v=cD37uacyP70 starts playing
Holy shit what a epic kino and soundtrack, how can Marvel even compete?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NlOF03DUoWc
youtube.com/watch?v=ejXjZ-k6Myc
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VTdHU4bMeSI&list=PLjKWzyldYpO-GjcncbceT_eAEZoiw0QAf#t=29
youtube.com/watch?v=dany1xPTtTo
youtube.com/watch?v=hDuhlCugR2c
youtube.com/watch?v=IXFJOhLCGIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=01JGlZBH4zI
youtube.com/watch?v=tEClwQWMZCo
youtube.com/watch?v=Gw_o7XUX3fg
vmashup.com/tqDyvSuG
youtube.com/watch?v=giGulA8LLJs
youtube.com/watch?v=N1A8xZVei-g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>how can Marvel even compete?

Pretty well, according to reviews and box office.

Marvel have no memorable soundtracks

Prove me wrong You can't[/spoiler

GOAT soundtracks. Zimmer said he is done with superhero scores. How can he be replaced?

how come the music for BvS was so shit?
that theme is litterally god tier

youtube.com/watch?v=NlOF03DUoWc
>tfw shivers

Spiderman. Now fuck off.

Better Trailer desu

youtube.com/watch?v=ejXjZ-k6Myc

Literally the GOAT super hero action music

>Sony
>10 Year Old Flick

>10
more like 15

Fuck you for reminding me user

Marvel is shit.

>some fat virgin on Sup Forums says Marvel is shit

I'm sure they're crying.

>When this starts playing during the last fight

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VTdHU4bMeSI&list=PLjKWzyldYpO-GjcncbceT_eAEZoiw0QAf#t=29

avengers theme

God damn this movie was amazing. The best superhero and superman movie ever, not even being ironic like most of the dickheads on this board.

agreed, I loved BvS but MoS was nearly perfect, there wasn't a single scene I wasn't glued to the screen.

all i hear is Action Strings by Native Instruments with a few Thematic Impacts.

Wonder Women theme is more epic then she is.... sadly...

youtube.com/watch?v=dany1xPTtTo

youtube.com/watch?v=hDuhlCugR2c

music sounds appropriate.

As it's said before, WHEN YOU DO EVERYTHING RIGHT, NO ONE NOTICES YOU DID ANYTHING AT ALL.

It's more about motifs, instead of just epic scores. I mean it's not music by Vangelis, either way. There's been a change in music themes since the 70's grandpa.

Firefly for example was more about instrumentation, then it was about coming up with a song and fitting it into a scene, but letting the scene shape the song.

It's a higher level of music production, but HEY I JUST DO MUSIC PRODUCTION FOR A LIVING, WHAT DO I KNOW!?

THIS FUCKING THIS

No other moment in a cape flick has ever gotten across the absolutely mythic and monumental feeling that a fight between two titan should elicit.

From a visual standpoint, Superman chasing Zod through Metropolis' skyline was never seen before, and Zimmer's music really nailed the "importance" of this battle and how the world is at stake.

No memeing. Man of Steel is fucking amazing.

Enjoy it now. After his experience on BvS Zimmer said he'll never do another super hero movie.

I like my music to set the mood, not dictate my feelings. One is appropriate, the other is pretenious. Not surprised plebs like BvS soundtrack.

Suckerpunch was a fine example of good music, as was Watchmen, and 300, and ALL OF SNYDER'S FILMS.

So I just find it ironic. Superman's music has ALWAYS been the most generic shit.

I fucking hate the movie but this soundtrack is god tier. (that Zodd theme If I remember correctly, Supes theme is generic shit)
If you watch the making of MoS music, you'll see that for this piece Zimmer uses two full drums orchestra.

I felt the same way, and at the end felt... that was it. It hit all the right tones and settings, but it never really submerged itself. It always felt like it was missing a level of depth. It's what most people criticized the final Zod fight for being. Just a paint-by-numbers. Nothing really groundbreaking. Nothing deeper then "BE GOOD, YOU'RE SUPERMAN", which ironically was already satired in Spider-Man.

I think it was a real PLAY IT SAFE film after the last film. If you're new to movies, it must have been REALLY GOOD. If you've seen movies before it just the visual experience to eating oatmeal.

>I like my music to set the mood, not dictate my feelings.
I'm not too sure how you get the idea it does that, most of the music in MoS and BvS is appropriate to the tone and context of the scene, it just enhances it rather than being a generic soulless scene with epic emotional music to artificially make it good.

Really thought The Dark Knight would have rated a bit higher.

youtube.com/watch?v=IXFJOhLCGIQ

That opening string.

Again, if you're new to movies I can understand being so taken aback by MoS just there's like thousands of video games that do the same music, Mass Effect 3 even probably has better music. summerfags.

I know, it sucks that there's nothing close. And it was very good for what it was. Otherwise, is right

>>Again, if you're new to movies I can understand being so taken aback by MoS just there's like thousands of video games that do the same music, Mass Effect 3 even probably has better music.

The TES games and the witcher games are the only ones I'd consider to be near the same quality, definitely not ME.

>WHEN YOU DO EVERYTHING RIGHT, NO ONE NOTICES YOU DID ANYTHING AT ALL.

No, that's a meme. When it comes to music, if you do something amazing, people notice. When you make something utterly forgettable, nobody notices.

>this user gets it

I think it's the reason Batman did so well, the music was more like layered soundscapes that enhanced the mood.

Snyder has always used music to dictate teh scnee, and Wonder Woman's music is the best example. It's real high octane music, that just seems so out of place. It probably has more to do with her getting her own movie, and IP branding and setting up the motif, the same way marvel does, but it was too over the top for that moment it comes on. like "HEY YOU KNOW WHO THAT IS, ISN'T THAT AWESOME WONDER WOMAN"

I think with video games out now background music has gotten a lot more clever. It's not just making a song to go with a movie, it's almost another layer of the visuals, IF DONE CORRECTLY.

It's sort of the new stage of background music, it's not just classical music artists writting songs, like with 2001 and Blade Runner, but almost going with Sound design and it should strike with the visuals like a music video more then follow along.

It's where you hardly even notice the music since it melds with the visuals. It's more because of the level of control directors have now with CGI and editing that they never had before.

The big epic scores is "traditional". The music has tension and release unlike any regular song can have.

Yeah... so we all forgot about the opening of The Dark Knight Rises because it was that fucking good.

By repeatedly and consistently creating films that are safe and formulaic yet fun and entertaining. By not being ashamed to be cheesy or stupid or comic book. By having the patience to build their worlds rather than forcing them.

Marvel makes cheap disposable schlock that entertains the masses and it gives no fucks.

DC make the same fast food, stupid drivel about magical mythical demigods, disposable, brainless summer blockbuster movies, but try to dress it up as "art".

The real question is how can DC even compete when they are in such deep denial about the product they are making?

You're comparing a stupid scene to a score.

Scores don't get remembered when they are bad. Scenes do.

Marvel hasn't succeeded in building a world at all, though. The movies feel so small, even when they're dealing with global events. If an Avenger isn't present in the scene, it's like they can't be assed to show the audience.

>films that are safe and formulaic
That's what WB thinks about Superman, it was recovering from a flop before. It was the second reboot in a year and everyone was reminding them of it.

Yet you get the "memelords" spamming how it was gods gift to humanity. Marvel at least does something different, and it doesn't always work, but they've been at it for a while. Hulk Reboots was them testing the water. It's better then everyone copying Tim Burton's Batman, or Raimi's Spider-Man. There's a new formula they made up, that works, for each director.

It's like you were trying to make a point then stopped.

I agree with the WW theme, that usually did sound a little forced, and maybe some of the more intense actiony pieces, but I thought the somber songs they used in BvS really worked well, they are really evocative but still fit the scene without making it all about the music, in general they fit Snyder's more grandiose tragedy kind of direction. To some they'd just feel baroque but for me that's part of the charm, especially considering the nature of his films.

Well then they should give back the money if you're right.

Marvel makes TV show tier """""movies""""".
DC at least tries to give you a cinematic experience.

>There's a new formula they made up, that works, for each director.

Didn't work for Edgar Wright

They can't

kek
>There are people on this board who praise the Russos unironically

DC fails to do so.
All it gives now is style over substance and a bleak tone that no one wants from capeshit.

this
youtube.com/watch?v=01JGlZBH4zI
a perfectly fitting ST will make for a perfect ambientation, which will build up a great immersion power, easier to enjoy it on a personal level
MOS, BvS, TDK, none follows that, zimmer is basic as fuck
marvel's ones are even worse

Yeah, the somber pieces were good, but after hearing Zimmerman's Batman music, it just feels like he was told to play it safe, they can't afford to have ANOTHER Superman Flop.

But After Suckerpunch and Watchmen, it's just weird to watch his superslick desaturated/color coded movie with just a tradtional score. IT's a new age movie with an old score like it trying to win over the baby boomers with their old time hero.

Batman was the modern idol and Superman the classic idol. Just trying to pander to too many demographics. That and the music when she's checking her e-mails, jesus shit.

I fucking LOVED 300 soundtrack, now that was some epic shit, but again it was a pushing the envelope movie, that worked. This was just the most play it safe movie, which is sad to say for a guy who did a kids movie about owls. That movie was CRAZY GOOD.

Jesus Christ, that song gives me chills every fucking time. As a Superman fan, this movie portrayed how I envisioned his comic book fights happened almost 1:1. I would change some stuff, like Pa Kent dying because of a hurricane, but the rest was just amazing to me.

>All it gives now is style over substance
Far from it.
>bleak tone that no one wants from capeshit.
I want it.

>dat pic

it feels like it's lacking something and I'm not talking about spidermeme

it look so empty

>watching Guardians of the Galaxy
>youtube.com/watch?v=tEClwQWMZCo starts playing

I prefer DC movies because they feel like things actually matter in that world. when a building goes down its a tragic thing
In a Marvel movie Iron Man or Bow and Arrow Cuck will dodge a giant monster sending it smashing into a skyscraper killing thousands and look at the camera for an "almost got me! LOL"
Marvel shit just feels way cheaper, or something

And yet, more people were hyped by Giantman than Batman and Superman.

Clearly the worse product is what people want from a tale of super heroes. To have fun.

>To have fun.

pleb spotted

Not sure who that is... the writer for ant-man? Most people enjoyed that shit too, it's a Rudd comedy, I like his style. Kinda a Ben Stiller without the awkwardness. I didn't really expect anything else and was happy with it. The movie had origin story syndrome, but it's how Marvel does it. They make character. It's nice to see how they play out. More of a TV show technique. Most TV shows are becoming like movies so it's interesting to see it go the other way for once.

You are a minority. You need only look at BvS week to week to see that DCs formula for mass appeal blockbusters doesn't appeal to the masses.

This. I get it that they fought in a airport not to cause any destruction, but it just felt so lame, unlike the comics. I hope at least Infinity War have a Man of Steel tier battle.

This is the GOAT DC theme.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gw_o7XUX3fg

TV isn't a tier it's a medium, and it's been blurring for a long time. You're still thinking like the old executives that can't open their minds to new artistic forms.

>"He's gotta have a love interest, see"

Back seat directing. That's NEVER worked, and never will. I think directors understand the true nature and direction of the medium better then you and me do.

You're saying movies should be self contained pieces that don't have branching arcs, but yet BvS contains fucking 6 other arc origins in it that totally tear down the movie. BvS was like the pop-up ads of movies, let alone TV teir.

Nowhere did I claim Marvel films are good.

Marvel and DC are the same shit.

Marvel just isn't ashamed.

DC is literally the autistic weeb lecturing you about how deep and artistic MOE MOE PANTYSHOT HIGHSCHOOL is.

I hope not, that's one of the biggest complaints. That battle just felt more like a video game QTE.

>appeal to the masses

literally who gives a shit

There is some REALLY interesting chord at about 1:40. I fucking love that. if you don't know music, I can understand people digging the play it safe BvS, but hey, you need a "standard" for music so songs like this can really have a good contrast.

Man I was really disappointed by Batfleck's main theme. I mean, it fit the movie but I missed the Nolan theme, it's way better desu like this: vmashup.com/tqDyvSuG

>Movies aren't a product
>FUCKING CAPESHIT isn't a product
Get. Real.

>he's white knighting a faceless conglomerate

Best part for me was that playing when superman gets his shit slapped so hard hes floating upside down in the air, reeling from the blow. Then Zod hits him again sending them into orbit.

Just brutal and relentless while that music played.

that was way more epic

Yeah, and iron-man 2 starting off with government hearings, and Winter Solder talking about criminal charges, and Civil War is literally a whole movie about regulating them, but hey yeah, not like they give death tolls, and have repercussions.

How did that senate hearing in BvS go? I had to go pee when she was looking at that Jar of Tea?

What was that repercussion? A cripple guy tagged Superman's statue... shit on me.

And that old guy that worked at Bruce Wayne's workplace that we just met died, I was literally in tears. Poor guy who we just met.

It'll be interesting to see the emotional impact Batman will have with that after, I wonder if they'll do a whole PTSD thing like Iron-Man. Hard to say, because we have no idea what happened to him before. I hope they resolve it soon, the tension is killing me. I think he's gunna find more meta-humans because superman's mom's name is Martha.

>dat timing when he smashes the guys skull with a crate

well done

Too bad they didn't use it better. Felt more like a throwback to the 300 theme's used, but it's probably going to help solidify her IP.

>Snyder only dealt with the mass destruction consequences because it was a major complaint after MoS
>Civil War dealt with the destruction heroes cause in a much more logical way

DCucks really are this dumb.

Man did Nolan's music just hit the marks. It would have been hard to top that, I understand why they went more traditional in BvS, that music felt more like a virus in The Dark Knight.

>heroes actually give a shit about not hurting any innocents

In Infinity War, you can be sure Thanos will fuck up Earth.

DON'T WORRY THOSE MILES OF CAVE TROLL BATTLE WERE NOT OCCUPIED

ARMY GUY 3 SAID SO

The defence is the jar of piss, and superman having the feels. That's how they dealt with the "consequences" and made some cheap 9/11 references to reel in the patriotic feels.

obvious as shit, but plebs can't understand.

NO TIME FOR THIS SENATE HEARING, WE HAVE A DOOMSDAYâ„¢ FIGHT.

DON'T WORRY IT'S ALL ABANDONED FACILITIES HERE.

Are you for real?

Marvel literally made up nonsense death tolls to bullshit an idiotic plot when the prior movies themselves never made it a point to show the death toll these heroes were a part of.

The truth is marvel flicks COMPLETELY ignored any and all possible collateral damage.

Snyder MADE IT a point to show the collateral damage in MoS in order to show the consequences of what happens when being like these actually fight.

>WHEN YOU DO EVERYTHING RIGHT, NO ONE NOTICES YOU DID ANYTHING AT ALL

this is so the most retarded logic I've ever heard for movie scores. It is such utter bullshit, I instantly remember any great score. I didn't even really like Man of Steel but I remember loving the score, Hans Zimmer is based as fuck. Same with Interstellar, based as fuck score, but an ok/good movie. I like all the Marvel movies more than any of DCs and I'm not some fanboy either, but none of their movie scores come even close to Man of Steels score.

>wonder woman: why are you bring the fight back to the city
>batman: don't worry it's abandoned

That theme does fit Batman in that rescue scene, but I think overall, the darker music was better for Batman in this movie, because he wasn't really a hero before his fight with Sups, the Dark Knight theme is too heroic for him in this case. Good job, either way, nice mashup.

>When movie A wrecks a city during a super fight, it's bullshit. But NOT when movie B does it, cause brand loyalty.
You are absurdly stupid.

Every Marvel movie, the hero makes it a point to save as many people as possible, even though they don't save them all. Look at AoU in the Sokovia fight if you need a blatant example.

In MoS Zod and Superman literally just beat the shit out of each other for half an hour and leveled Metropolis because it looked cool, and it wasn't dealt with until BvS, dumbfuck.

you sound like the most pretentious faggot ever. MoS score was great, even if the movie wasn't good.

>Batman: I didn't kill those guys, they're just sleeping.

probably, but that's not really been a time when it's needed too. The closest it gets epic is Captain America because of his time period and he stature. There's usually a mix of motifs with the music, then amazing themes. You don't really see music going like they do in the 1970's. It's following the action. It's sidelined more, if you hear the old music composers talk about music now, they say it's hard to make it heard with the sound design movies have.

So it's either have an empty sounding movie with great music, or have music to follow along with the action. Interstellar being a space movie has a lot more room for the music to breath. But to be honest sound effects and sound design in movies now are better then ever and I usually find that a lot more interesting too. It's more of a Star Wars things then a Batman thing. But a lot of Marvel movies are more sci-fi then the fantasy style like Superman is.

It's a different genre. Which is ironic because Star Wars was always more of a fantasy. It's interesting how movies sound and music is evolving. Snyder has used full songs in his movies before, and has made it work in a world where music is seen as an accent more then it's own seperate peice. It's not good or bad, but just different. Like the batman trilogy used music more as an atmosphere setting then as a full on radio.

this movie truly is the ultimate pleb filter

>being this ass blasted

Man of Steel made it a point to show the collateral damage

MCU glosses over any actual consequences and replaces that with quips

>Movie A
>Movie B
You dumb cunt.
My comment was just as apt for this guy >Muh brand loyalty
They're both the same damn shit.

Idk, maybe those billions of dollars will console them.
Faggot ass nigga

I find it hard to see the music separate. Visuals dominate over audio. Besides there's a lot of classical epics that have been done outside of movies too.

I do music, and I just heard "generic epic song number 4" watching MoS. Simple predictable chord progressions and typical instrumentations.

In a world where you can make music from so many different sources with almost unlimited composition it just feels weird to see alien landscapes and unhuman abilities, and hear just bland music.

But that's Superman. It's ALWAYS been very optimistic and upbeat music. There's no unnatural sounds, no subharmonics, which isn't some trashy thing. Disharmony is an essential element of romance music.

but that's not how you do superman music. I mean it's all brass section strings and piano, because that's the established sound. When Dark Knight was more like a Kubrick soundtrack. It's just weird to see the movie revert back like that.

youtube.com/watch?v=giGulA8LLJs

Pacific Rim had more epic music, it at least was new sounding. I guess if you're still new to movies, MoS and that sounds really good, because no one really does that anymore.

But OP that theme is shit. This is the superior one.

youtube.com/watch?v=N1A8xZVei-g

>put batman and superman in the same movie
>barely break $1 billion
>a captain america movie does better

DCEU is on its last legs. WW will be the killing blow.

>he still thinks style over substance is a valid criticism of anything

I think WB will fund the movies no matter what, because marvel has shown with flops like Thor, that even still it helps contribute money to "THE NEXT MOVIE" and I think they're looking at just recouping at the least, and hope that the franchise gets it legs by the third or fourth installment.

Who knows, Suicide Squad might by the game changer... a villan movie is something Marvel hasn't done....

i have never defended a movie more than BvS and Man Of Steel. For me, this is like discussing religion.

>Muh brand wars maymay image
I'm sure you have plenty of worth to add.

If you're ridley scott or Kubrick it's okay, but snyder is the guy who did 300 and suckerpunch. Not really the top dog. more like a knock off michael bay but with more green screens

Sucker Punch was ascended Cinema you pleb what are you on about?

But SS isn't a villain movie. It's assholes forced to overcome a greater evil.

GOTG