youtube.com/watch?v=gzdou0xUSko
vocaroo.com/i/s0ixiC0kpJMN
youtube.com/watch?v=FkdKLScgGDo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for telecaster best guitar

second for inb4 vomit poster

finally free from that cancer /gg/

i'm wiggling it fuckers youtube.com/watch?v=RljITmU8DTA

We get it, you don't have to post the video 3 times.

no one cares

kill yourself

I'm looking for replacements for the bridge pickup on an Epiphone Rivoli II.

I was going to get a DiMarzio DP120 to replace the neck pickup, but I have no idea where to look to replace that mini-humbucker in the bridge position.

Any recommendations? Does anyone make a drop-in pickup with those measurements?

i deleted the first one. second one was a correction

Guys, I think I'm going to have a gf soon. We've hung out a few times and I'm asking her on a proper date next week and will kiss her.
This is significant because she thought it was cool I play guitar and thinks my red flamed maple Ibanez is gorgeous. She doesn't think it's a meme machine.

I think she's the one since most girls who have seen my guitars don't care because lol not acoustic or something

stop calling your guitar a girlfriend you virgin fuck
go get a real gf

>she thought it was cool I play guitar and thinks my red flamed maple Ibanez is gorgeous. She doesn't think it's a meme machine.

clyp.it/rmadsofz

youtu.be/phyqYbmiWUo

Leave this place, while you still have a chance at happiness young summer child..

Based.

based what

were you trying to match the speech? Is that a Brazilian thing?

youtube.com/watch?v=DNDN829StVc

clyp.it/qenqztxg

yes
its not a thing, just autism

another example

youtube.com/watch?v=JVajWqWdEco

youtube.com/watch?v=gzdou0xUSko

>see a clyp link
>"maybe this time it won't be samuel"
>it's fucking samuel

Stop posting already you monkey shit

Hermeto always seemed a little autistic too, it's cool if you can make some weird shit with it.

was you friends with him or something

>the sambanigger appears
>thread dies on its ass

Has she heard you play?

Yeah, just a bit when she was hanging out at my place. I gave her a short lesson and she thought it was fun trying to make her tiny hands do the chords.

I don't want happiness. I don't expect it. But this could change things

Get on my level

I don't get it. What's your level? Fenders are shit and no self respecting girl would want anything to do with a guy who owns one.

This might be a good thread to ask.

Started learning guitar a while ago now and I was going slowly to learn it properly and not hurt my hand.

It was going well until I started using my pinkie finger and tried some strength exercises. I didn't even overdo it or anything but now there is a sharp pain in that big pinkie muscle almost every time I press on the strings and not just when I use my pinkie finger either.

Thought it would go away if I just give it some rest but now I haven't touched my guitar in like a month or so and it's still there. What do? Stretching exercises and more rest?

>Fenders are shit
I mean come on. This is just objectively wrong.

>Some Fenders are shit
>Fenders are overpriced for what they are
These are more accurate. Still generalizing but better.

Not very many manufacturers exclusively make shit instruments.

Guitar is something that hurts to play for a long time. You don't get good at guitar without pain. Good luck learning to playing an F barre chord without your wrist wanting to explode for a while.
Your fingertips will hurt, maybe even bleed, blister and skin will peel.

12 years of playing later and my arms still cramp up when I try to play really fast, technical stuff.

I own an American made Telecaster and I want to get rid of it. I haven't liked it since I impulsively bought it a year ago.

I will never play a fender again in my life.

I had something like this happen with my wrist. It's not good to push it as you could actually do some damage.

I started doing exercises and light playing. When it hurt I stopped. After a week it was feeling better even when several weeks of not doing anything didn't help.

Stretches are important.

>I bought a guitar that didn't suit me because I didn't research or know what I was doing but I'll blame the company I bought it from

Maybe you got a bad one, maybe it just wasn't for you. Whatever it was, that sucks man. Hope you find something better.

so what you're saying your Fender's shit and you made a stupid purchase, got it

But have you played a Strat?

I did do research. I thought about it for a long time before.
The impulse was me buying it when I didn't really have the money after seeing it in the music store I went to.

Is this new wavey enough?
Want to try and write shit like this
vocaroo.com/i/s0ixiC0kpJMN

so you did research, then completely forgot the research you did, bought a guitar you decided you don't like and now you're all butthurt and whiney about it?

your mistake doesn't mean every guitar made by Fender is shit

maybe if you learned how to set a guitar up properly you'd like your tele a bit more

>reading comprehension
I did research and decided I did like it. I made up my mind that one day I would get one.
Then I was in my music store getting a new pack of strings and saw the one I wanted, in the only acceptable color for a Tele, vintage blonde, and decided to get it.

Haven't liked it since.

But does it djent? XDXDXDXD

so you bought the guitar because it was a nice color and you didn't try it out properly

still not seeing your point here

I've broken my fret wrist a couple times. So it lets me know if I'm getting out of hand with poor technique. I've been reverting to classical position a lot. Dealing with and working through minor pain has payed off with return of full range of motion.

With your minor aches, I recommend RICE. (rest, ice, compress, elevate). At least make a conscious effort to alleviate the small stuff. Ice for short periods every so often and an occasional nsaid. You've got your joints and muscles doing things they're not yet conditioned for so put yourself in a good position to recover and improve.

MY LIFESTYLE

>sambanigger
>samba
>sam
>banana

DETERMINES

Trying to argue with Fenderfaggots is impossible because they've got so many dicks down their throat it's cutting off oxygen to their brain.

Yeah Hendrix was a faggot. Are you aware that Ibanez are shitty meme guitars that only losers play?

MY SEXUAL

Of course he was a faggor. any 10 years old kid do better. its an overrated nigga

I'LL FUcking slap you in the nuts dude
Don't say that shit around here
I'll end you

Ibanez are for retarded metalhead virgins who play shitty music.

You better start wearing a cup my guy
I'm coming for those beans

getting this printed on a t-shirt now

Unlike the other guy, I'm going to be a bit more constructive here for a second. Getting a little tired of the shallow shit-throwing here.

I've gotten a guitar before but realized it wasn't for me after about a year of owning it. Shit happens. It was a Charvel San Dimas HH. Great guitar, not for me. I got it after tons of research and loved it at first. I didn't love messing with the floyd bridge but I got the hang of it so it wasn't a big deal. I wanted the freedom to bend however I wanted. It was actually really stable once I got it set up right. and all was well for about 6 months.

Eventually I realized that I don't play with enough gain to really need the humbuckers, single coils sound better to me. Eventually I realized that I didn't like satin finish necks. Turns out I also don't like medium jumbo frets. I found out over the course of a year that I disliked pretty much everything about the guitar just a little bit. It was a bunch of minor things that I thought would be pluses when I got the guitar and tried it out but they ended up being minuses.

The difference here is that at some point I LOVED the guitar and you never had that. Next time I would spend more time playing a bunch of instruments, even ones you might not like. Really figure out what you do and don't like. Forget about what other people say is good. Find out what sounds good to you. If you do it right, you'll start finding awesome guitars that do exactly what you want and sound exactly like you want. It really helps if you go to the store and try out a bunch of stuff when you aren't shopping for a new guitar to buy. You'll try stuff out without thinking about the price, or whether you really need it. Great way to branch out.

Sometimes you get a guitar and realize it was a mistake later on. But hating the guitar from day 1 shouldn't be a thing.

>beans

>Bird inlays on every fucking guitar.

Why PRS, why?

Makes them sound better. Tone birds are then ultimate in tonewoods technology

Thats why its easier to make the guitar sing when the guitar is a PRS

PRS sound like cow arse

Gibson shill please go

>Muh Gibson shill

This times a million. Tele has a great sound but a Strat just does so much more. Jags and JMs are good but it's hard to get out of their own sound if that makes sense?

I am from a shitty town in Ohio where every band is a bunch of 50 year olds playing country, or a bunch of 40 year old metal heads covered in tattoos. Do I have to move to a big city to find people for a band, or should I just put up fliers and hope for the best?

>tfw you have a great craigslist deal cooking for your dream amp but you can't talk about it on /gg/ or you'll get gearcucked

Basically yes. Because that's where all the people with the same idea as you have. They're also looking to escape the old men

I modded an old Harmony H80 I got for $60, based on the electronics for the Silvertone 1454, and added a killswitch

Opinions?

>tfw started this
>it caught on
t.mememaster

Is there a way to simulate slide guitar with technique only, no pedal or whammy bar fuckery?

how do i achieve the lead sound from 2:40 on wards with guitar rig 5?

Why not just use a slide?

forgot link youtube.com/watch?v=FkdKLScgGDo

You'll be able to get something close with a slide and open tuning, but it won't be exact.

Because I like low action and it's hard to use a slide with low action and also I hate having to put it on and take it off. I have other parts that I need to play that don't use slide so I just wanted to simulate it for a lick or two here or there.

i look at the clock and i see i sanded for another whole fucking hour

I don't know if there's anything specific you can do with those limitations. Try sliding into all of your notes and vibrato once you're there. If you never lift your finger as you play it might get you sort of there.

bends and vibratos is the closest you can go

jimmy page used vibrato with low action and super light strings (9s and topwrapped) so you can do it to

Thanks, that's kinda what I was thinking. Was just trying to see if there was any other solution.

I play like that a lot on my hardtail guitars to get some variety in sound when I don't have a trem. It won't sound like a slide but you can get some interesting dynamics playing with it.

If you're trying to use a low action, you're going to have a hard time using a slide.

You might go to a hardware store and get a small pipe that fits around part of your finger (like a large ring)

Just got a pan pedal, this is fucking dank, I have a raging headache.

I just got a blackstar Id:core 40 watt stereo amp and a sterling sub series silo 3 guitar for 250. Did I make a good choice or no? I am a poorfag and before this I was using a cheap Yamaha that a friend gave me with an equally cheap amp.

Die. Posting CFR garbage on any board should carry a lifetime ban.

It sounds like that time Bill Hicks tried to record music and failed.

t.wizard

That you'll probably peak on the county fair tour circuit but think of yourself as a "good guitarist".

Speak for yourself, I'm not a virgin

Oh no someone on the internet called me a virgin he must be right

a little hole in the wood appeared. think its better to stop now or it can turn into a crack

3 hours total

>the wood of neck and body wood are of different shades of pink
fuck, this guitar is a fucking hack

how clean fretboard before get strings off bag

sanded the neck too as user su/gg/ested

i hadnt realized how non-slippery the finished neck was until i touched these woody spots

will you do commission projects?

better or worse ?

shut the fuck up about it you tedious cuntlick

replies like these are why I like sammy and want him to stay

/gg/ - Gibson General

is there any advantage in feel on sanding the neck to bare wood? or just polishing the stock finish is enough?

yes. will put a plate in my house's door written "sand your guitars' neck joint"

better. hand slips better up and down

ehehehh

Those things sound like a gorilla trying to fart his way out from under a mattress.

Gibson have never made good basses. Especially not that piece of shit.

nice epiphone, fag