I just read that American electrical outlets don't have on/off switches...

I just read that American electrical outlets don't have on/off switches. You guys aren't actually that primitive are you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-tKfop7j6x4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=NdbkvJznmwU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>You guys aren't actually that primitive are you?

We still don't even use the fucking metric system. Come on.

We do. It's called unplugging. Pretty simple concept.

>reaching for a wall / baseboard to turn off your lamp
>advanced

this,
pretty dangerous to leave stuff plugged in OP

in USA outlets that are designed to be associated with a table lamp or something you would need a switch for (a corner outlet in a living room for ex) are often tethered to a switch in the room by the door

this.
useless inventions for useless peoples.

Yeah, we teach our children to stay away from electrical outlets. Why the fuck would I want to put a switch on one?

u wot m8? you all get btfo by lieral street shitter! pic related

>needing on off switches
nigga just unplug it or turn off your TV

youtube.com/watch?v=-tKfop7j6x4

our outlets are a lot happier

Europe once again pretending to be an advanced Atlantean civilization

that's fucking dumb. lol i'm an electrician and why the fuck would you want a switch on a receptacle?
>sitting on couch
>laptop is plugged in
>laptop dies anyway
>because you didn't ask the outlet nicely

whats this than?

Why?

breaker

there is zero reason for this
2/10 I replied anyways

lol what a useless addition

ground fault interrupter for short prevention

>he actually bought a kosher plug.
Just cut your dick off and call it a circumcision new shitskin.

Redundant switches are redundant, OP. Outlets should have breakers, not switches.

That's a fucking GFI you stupid moosefucker

2/10 made me reply

As an electrician you'd know the value of turning a circuit off before disconnecting parts of it

It avoids the spark many of you probably see when you rip cords out of the wall with power still a-flowing.

That is a GFCI outlet, not a switched outlet.

It will disconnect on surge. Much safer than OP's outlet.

REPORTED
NOT POLITICS

Be honest now did you buy this? And why?

It says it right on it.

Not with an off switch

Americans are smarter than us, they don't need a switch at the outlet, they just turn off the circuitbreaker or RCD at the switchboard. It's more efficient that way.

Our dual outlets are commonly linked to a switch that is separate. Usually this is done for an outlet that will be used ie solely by a lamp. This is the superior way to do it, because then the switch can be placed where its convenient, instead of having to find a switch on an outlet behind a couch.

>gets spied on through off tv

>that do not change on sabbath note
>buying and installing switch and forgetting why you installed it

Getting spied on is the least of your worries m8 fix your fucking colony it's been over a few centuries now.

We don't have this faggotry in Brazil

weird how there is a whole industry for roleplaying like this shit matters or is real.

I hate to brag, but California's new energy code will get one over on OP's silly outlet.

A percentage of all outlets in new construction will be required to connect to a motion sensor. So if you are in the room and don't move around much for a while, the power goes out.

Saves energy and shuts down the TV or computer while your using them.

As the other guy mentioned, its not nice having sparks and shit as soon as contacts are made. Its best to actually plug something in, have it in the socket THEN turn on the circuit. The UK socket is objectively the best power socket (and plug) in the world, you're an idiot if you think otherwise.

think japan does it too

the switch turns off in case of an earthquake

Eat a dick commiefornia

>We don't have this faggotry in Brazil

You don't have anything in Brazil.

You only get spied on if you are stupid enough to use a (((smart TV)))

Guess we will have to use more power to run some movement device to keep shit on, like a fan?

We do, the switch is just usually placed on the wall around chest level, separate from the outlet.
Wait... don't tell me... do you mongoloids actually bend down to the ground and move your couch out of the way to access your outlet every time you want to turn on/off your end-lamp? Pffffttahahaha what fucking plebs.

A ground faugt. Meaning if there is a ground problem they trip and outlet shuts off. There a pain in the ass they trip all the time

that is the stupidest shit I've ever heard. homeowners will just replace them ASAP.

Just get a drinky bird

Don't tell me that's household generic insulation tape

Fix what m8? We put illegal refugees on prison islands and then trade them to obongo like tazos. You fix your colony and the colony to the north, god knows they cant fix themselves

Circuit breakers, what are they? GFCIs, what are they?

Fuck off and troll on /diy/.

>Needing a switch on my plug.
>When I can just go to my breaker and turn off my lamp on the breaker board.

What a terrible idea, I hope you're gently trolling

youre the real troll here

>not having a kosher stitch

Lel stay pebl
m.youtube.com/watch?v=NdbkvJznmwU

That's what my shower looks like
DELETE THIS NOW

>tingle
>mild muscle spasm
>full body flex workout
>exit shower

Love the way it's adjustable.

>Australia
>Paying 28 cents per kilowatt/hour
KeK

>plugs in lamp
>turns on lamp
>lamp doesn't turn on
>fuckchrist have to turn on the wall socket

That's illegal in the USA can't have power 24 inches from water I houses

>being scared of sparks

brits are pussies

Reeeeeeeee
Population size
Reeeee
Weetbix kids

Actually, you want to ground your electronics during a lightning storm. Unplugging them could actually cause damage.

There are obviously other off switches on the devices lad.
Do you have to pull out the plug to turn off your lamp?

God yanks are retarded.

If it was any other state, I'd know you're trolling. But I just don't know anymore with CA

Oi cunt there's really no need for the fucking extra switch, no one actually uses them anyway.

ever wonder what those C's are ding in your lcd tv?
checkmate asteroids

Why do your outlets look like sad faces?

what? don't your lamps have their own switches on them?

Lol, those sensors are shit. You're constantly waiving your arms around like a moron every time everything shuts off.

why would you wanna bend down to shut off the lamp when you can simply just use the switch at normal standing level, like a civilized person

next your going to ask us why we sit and don't squat like a fucking animal when we shit.

you fucking savage

You turn the electrical device off first, dumb shit.

>be european
>get home after long day at work
>open front door
>Its night time so the house is dark
>don't worry my lamp has a switch on the electrical jack
>I walk through the entire room in absolute darkness
>I step on the cat. It screems and in the commotion I knock my knee on the coffee table
>half way there strengthen my resolve.
>Im a little disoriented now. Im in pitch black
> Groping along the wall I find my couch
>I crawl to the end where the lamp stand is.
>I reach down behind it to flip the switch, injuring my back in the process, but I now have light.
>I sit and chuckle to myself thinking how dumb americans are.

Of course not, but our switches are on the inside of the outlet for aesthetic appeal.
I use a screwdriver to shut off mine.

The funny thing is that most of these arent even grounded. If you are tall and your head is too close to the shower head, you can feel the current start to tingle.

>hurr i big mens ugg

Electrical safety has nothing to do with test levels, brainlet.

>cricket

Nope. I work in construction. Just finished a project under the new code. The office workers in the building hate it.

Don't blame them.

I like the redundancy but in my house I would be the only one that would use them.

>new zealand
>european

oy vey here's a switch for your switch goy i mean rabbi

This makes no sense please explain your bullshit

That is funny I've been reading about how dirty muslims invaded europe , not a single shot fired, just let in by your pussy leaders. Does not sound very advanced to me.

I'm seriously confused, why would you have to turn a lamp on or off at the wall?

>leave kitchen to watch some TV while cooking
>oven turns off

>man goes to bed with important life support machine attached to him
>power shuts off and kills the man

Not only does this sound like something that will cause major problems for people trying to do simple shit like charging their phone but it also opens more possibilities for the CIA and NSA to fuck with you.

California needs that earthquake to fix their retardation.

> be CA home builder

> offer "convenience" service

> min # of motion outlets all in a tight row in garage on separate circuit

> never used, but charge extra for the legal hack

> pay up or I put shit CA outlets in your house at random

You on 220 or 110 at the outlet?

Unless the lightning fucking hits the electronics directly this is horse shit.

You only turn the switch off when you need to. Obviously a lamp you'd leave the switch on. My PC I turn off at the socket when I leave the house because leaving sockets under load causes electrical fires. Your post just proves you lack critical thinking skills.

>having 2 power switches for one device

Why

That sounds about right for California. Shit like that is why we are all waiting with bated breath for 'the big one' to finally arrive and submerge that assfuck infested place.

Maybe if you ate more carrots instead of fries you wouldn't be such a pathetic sperg in the dark you fat burger

Is this you, Brazil? Be honest.

inspired by the hit action gaem ofc

You want everything to be at the same potential, you can achieve this by connect all electronics together with the ground.

If you did not, the potential differential within the electronics could induce current and fry it.

230 here

master race plug reporting in

Yes they're very useful. It's nice not having devices draining power on standby without unplugging them from the socket.

Some americans seem to think that the socket switches replace device switches which is fucking retarded. You could claim ours is objectively better as you could turn an Australian power outlet into an American one by just having them switched on all the time.