Which is the best season of The Wire? Which is the worst?

Which is the best season of The Wire? Which is the worst?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CZj7-qaOjrE
youtu.be/_6ufVdsQiZw?t=38s
youtube.com/watch?v=R5yZfJSUG50
youtube.com/watch?v=eHeqeiIQt34
strawpoll.me/10782304
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>niggers niggering niggers in niggertown: the show
>good
fucking kek

2>1>3>4>POWER GAP 5

you can trust me.

>2 is my favourite season
gud job u r very speshul ;^)

I bet your favorite is season 4 and you browse reddit often.

3 > 1 > 4 > 5 > 2

Literally no weak seasons.

There's no point asking which season is the worst, everyone is always going to say 5.

As for best I'm not sure. I've generally believed that 4 is the best though I do think arguments can be made for each and every other season being the best.

Seconded.

Best 3, worst 5. Duh

1 is my favorite. 3 is the weakest. 5 had dumb moments but had lots of great moments also, it's underrated.

He's right, though. The only adjustment i would make is 3=4. Theyre about the same, in my book.

>3 is the weakest

>Hamsterdam
>Barksdale vs Stanfield front war
>Barskdale vs Bell cold war
>Omar kicking ass daily
>Carcetti arc
>McNulty going full obsessive and fucked up
>Carver's arc of being a better cop

>worst

pleb.

The season with the kids is the best its like sandlot in the hood.

Then season 2 was one of the best looking back but at the time it felt out of place and the lack of street violence made it feel less than stellar upon realizing it wasnt just a story about the actors in season 1 but the city of baltimore as a whole you realize how good it was.

4>2>1>3>5

1>3>4>2>5 in my case. But then again, It's pretty much impossible to judge when looking back. 2,3, and 4 are pretty much equal in my eyes. 2 felt kinda out of place but looking back is great, but then again so is every season, except for 5, which had a bit too many stupid moments (serial kiler thing sucked ass)

>You're not killing them yourself, McNulty. At least assure me of that.

Best line of Season 5.

S5 is objectively the worst but the gap in quality between it and S4 isn't nearly as big as everyone makes it out to be

Five is the worst
Two is my favourite but I respect the typical answer of Four being the best

I didn't like the first season and hated the second season so I stopped watching. The notable moment that turned me off is the scene where the black youths kill their friend who was testifying. It felt so forced. Honetly, none of the shock value of the "street life" of this show felt authentic. I guess listening to rap all my life has dulled me against the struggle...

I think people who only want the police procedural side are disappointed by The Wire and so are people who only want the street life stories, the series succeeds by balancing the two

The ending of season 4 was so good and I was really looking forward to season 5, but it was such a big drop in quality. I really don't get what happened. You figure by season 5 they would have understood how to make it work.

The Newsroom story and characters weren't very interesting, but season 2 showed that they could introduce new characters and a new setting for a season and make it work. I guess they didn't really have a Frank Sobotka character that could carry the new setting? Then you have Joe acting dumb, Marlo getting away, the serial killer story, and more retread of the major crimes unit not getting funding or support.

The Wire has gotten worse with age

Since when has it shifted from 2 to 5. When I first came here years ago 2 was the universtal answer

No it hasn't

Halfway through S1. When does it get good?

So far it's literally just nigs nigging and ebin witty quips, with a dose of homosexuals for progressive points.
The actual hands-on detective work is good, but it happens for about ten minutes every episode.

I think so.

why

1 > 3 > 2 > 4 > 5

Season 5 sucks because there is no nuance to the journalism storyline. It's Gus finding out someone is a fabricator for ten episodes.

And that season felt more sensationalized with the Mcnulty fake serial killer storyline and moments like these. It felt less like watching daily life in Baltimore and more like watching a television show.

youtube.com/watch?v=CZj7-qaOjrE

youtu.be/_6ufVdsQiZw?t=38s

Simon was too close to the newsroom, there's none of the complexity of the other areas:

Gus is a fucking saint, the girl reporter is plucky integrity, the old guard are unappreciated workhorses without whom everything goes to shit, the management are assholes, the upcoming young blood is a lying despicable fuckwit who gets a pulitzer or some shit.

The serial killer shit is borderline retarded, but what really makes it hard to put up with is that by S5 you really like McNulty and Lester, warts and all, and then Simon fucks you in the ass by both of them turnign their character flaws to 11 and almost destroying everything.
Which is fine thematically but it's not great when you can't really root for them.

It probably isn't going to get good for you, it's a character work and if you don't like the characters because niggers or homos you may as well check out.

Season 2 is literally all about white people you clueless fucking anti-art, Disney shill.

>tfw Nicky Sobotka's gf had amazing tits

What's so good about the wire then?
Seems to be hailed as one of the greatest shows of all time but I've never worked up the motivation to watch it

4>3>1>2>5

the only ranking

This nigga absolutely gets it.

Realistic, well-written portrayal of crime and corruption in a modern American city: the criminals and crime victims are mostly poor blacks, police and other institutions are often times ineffective and corrupt.

Takes awhile to get going with each season, though. And less action that you would think. So you've been warned.

3 = 4 = 1 = 5 = 2

in that order

>3 is weakest
stop this

kek so true

4=3>1>2>5

>I wonder what it's like to work for a real Police Department
>I wonder what it's like to work for a real newspaper

1. Season 3
2. Season 1
3. Season 2
POWER GAP
9001. Season 4
900000001. Season 5

Has anybody seen Simons other works?

Treme was mediocre. Homicide was supposed to be really good though.

ive seen plenty of people say 1, 2, or 4 are there favorite. Each are understandable. I don't think I've ever seen anyone say 3 is their favorite. Everyone can agree season 5 was by far the weakest, but by no means bad

Switch 2 and 5

not him, but the wire does feel kinda dated now desu

hamsterdam is so stupid
like infinitely more stupid than the serial killer bullshit

2>4>3>1>5

Not to say one or five in itself is bad. These are the true rankings

Best v. Favorite - it's a hard call

>favorite is 3
>best is 2
>32145, or 23145

3 is the best
1 and 5 are equally worst

Hamsterdam was a real thing. They actually did that.

fucking idiot

>Implying you didn't cry like a baby when bodie died

ZIGGY
I
G
G
Y

I'm watching the 1st season of The Wire and I just got done watching the episode where DeAngelo teaches the younger kids chess. I was blown away! I had to watch it a couple times to really pick up on it, but did you guys realize that when he was teaching them about the chess pieces, he was really referring to THEM being the pawns! What an amazing metaphor!

It was so deep and meaningful, I am amazed by the deep symbolism of this.

Do the later seasons continue on with masterful symbolism like this? This was truly the pinnacle of storytelling that I have ever seen on a television show, and I think I can confidently say The Wire is the best show ever made without even having seen the entire series.

Also the acting is amazing. Idris Elba and Dominic West do a great job with their Baltimore accents.

what's your favorite scene from the wire Sup Forums?

mine is this one
youtube.com/watch?v=R5yZfJSUG50

Watch out for those left turns, Sup Forums.

youtube.com/watch?v=eHeqeiIQt34

Treme 7-8/10
Generation Kill 10/10
Show Me a Hero 10/10

there is nothing more satisfying than proving to yourself you can drive shitfaced

>VOTE YOU LITTLE HOPPERS

strawpoll.me/10782304
strawpoll.me/10782304
strawpoll.me/10782304

Why was he such a fuck-up? Did his enormous penis give him overconfidence?

Kenard was so fucking funny. I remember the scene where the police are searching them and they just toss him around.

He was just stupid desu.

>no Nicky Sobotka's gf
shit poll

beta syndrome desu

he tried so hard to be alpha that forced him to make stupid decisions. his desire to be respected fucked him up

>not including Nicky's gf

I decided to put it on hard mode m8.

>No big lipped, big bootied former stripper Lester Freamon waifu

You're a dumb faggot and your poll is shit

Hard mode engaged

Damnit. I knew I was forgetting one.

Teresa D'Agostino. I want her to femdom me.

>We used to make shit in this country, build shit. Now we just put our hand in the next guy's pocket.

;_;

>Ayo, lock that door

Was Levy an anti-Semitic character?

season 2 is objectively the best

What do people think about the Rawls was gay twist?

Season 3 is the patricians choice
Season 4 is the reddit choice
Season 2 is the racists choice

Made me understand why his insults usually came back to cock and balls.

Didn't make a difference to me one way or the other desu.

literally the best tits I've ever seen on HBO

Was Stringer a sociopath?

So you havent watched it then.

>This guy walks into a club and tells you he's got a proposition for you

wat do?

Currently at 8th episode of 4th.
4th is atm the best because there is no McNulty and the characters are nice. Followed by 2 because I liked the arc and then 1.
3 was bad, just because McNulty is a complete retarded asshole in it constantly and it exposed all his flaws
>hurr he never knew I was on him
>fuck the bosses amirite
>constantly bitching about everything and everyone

Simon has said that those characters were legitimately at the top of the tree. He wasn't trying to be anti semitic, just telling it how it is.

It's inconsequential. Was a pleasant revelation considering the way the cunt acts but it's not important one way or another.

Hear him out, nigger was always looking out for himself but there's a chance I get paid if he needs me.

Am I the only one who finds every punch on this nigger so satisfying?

And I felt that way before what happened to Omar.

The one with the rape hobos

> be a nigga

> be taking notes on a criminal fuckin' consporacy

>No Kima's fat lesbo silverbackfu

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D