Is Dan Aykroyd's crystal skull vodka really that good?

Is Dan Aykroyd's crystal skull vodka really that good?

I hear it's pretty smooth

I like it, but the price is a little much.

Its smooth

It's not bad

You know I've seen this vodka brand a hundred times and I never knew Dan Aykroyd made this shit. I just thought it was overpriced shit with a cool bottle.

*koff*

It's pretty smooth

It got mike rather drunk.

Theres only 2 vodkas worth drinking
Belvedere
Grey Goose

All set for the big frat party eh collegeboy?

>vodka

Might as well drink rubbing alcohol. Whiskey or nothing

Ketel you massive git

Jesus fucking CHRIST would you autists keep you RedditLamediaMemedia shit to your containment threads? So tired of this shit seeping into regular Sup Forums. Nobody cares if you want to talk all day about some fat nobodies who could barely review their morning meal let alone a feature length film but fucking keep it to SPECIFIC threads about RLM.

The skull bottle itself is pretty cool and you can do cool stuff with it. The vodka itself is alright, but not worth the price. You'd just be better of getting Stolichnaya, which is time tested as probably the best flavor-price ratio. I would say that this is the second worst celebrity liquor scam right next to Cabo Wabo.

>Whiskey
Might as well drink varnish.

>what is Ketel One

It's not bad at all, but it certainly isn't good enough to justify the price. It's cool for a one time purchase just to have the bottle.
Vodka is a hard area. Most low-end spirits are actually better then the upper-middle class scene/meme crap like Grey Goose.

I picture you both in fedoras

ALCHY HALL LMAO

unless yer fucking russian and have a god damned national pride thing to deal with when it comes to vodka (why the national pride? Potatoes are a fucking new world food, but I guess you gotta ask the Irish this question, too)

what you want in a vodka is all the alcohol and no taste. Clarity and high proof. Everclear is better, but a good cheap as fuck vodka like Popov or Svedka can degrease your stove and take the edge off.

Ahh whiskey, the drink of choice for every tryhard posturing millennial desperately trying to be "manly". Gonna wash it down with some BACON!!1 and grow out the ol Ron Swanson mustache, amirite?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with fedoras. They are a fresh change in fashion that represents evolutionary, socially relevant philosophies like atheism and Men Going Their Own Way (tm)

>Not rum

Vodka literally can't be good

Here's your vodka buying guide you insipid fucks:

Absolut is ass.
Stoli is mediocre, despite being russian (maybe because).

Everything else is fine, as long as it doesn't come in a plastic jug on the bottom shelf at Walmart.

Not exactly. To be honest, it's just that, of the various kinds of liquor that my dad keeps in his cabinet, which I raid to hide from my failures in life, whiskey has been the most tolerable of the lot. I just wanted to see what you guys thought about it.

I actually like drinking whiskey, but yeah... it has snowballed into a giant steam-punk turd.

It's all the same you fucks. It tastes a bit different but gets you fucked all the same.

Drop your illusions of being a connoisseur.

The only vodka worth drinking is russian vodka you fucking pleb

This even though vodka is shit

Well, could it be worse than Spielberg's Crystal Skull?

Buying top shelf vodka is like buying expensive name-brand Isopropyl Alcohol.

>mfw I live in a shitty red state
>mfw no alcohol over 3.2 at walmart
>anything stronger at liquor stores only
>close at 9:00 pm
>closed on sundays

You try living here and you'd pray for bottom shelf walmart vodka at 10:00 on a friday

very nice

>polish shit
>french shit

Fuck off

I drink Kamchatka because you can get a gallon of it for like 10 bucks. I'm a cheap fuck, so I don't really care.

For my 21st birthday my sister got me a bottle of absolute and a bottle of jack. I realize it might not be good but it sure as fuck did the trick.

Don't do 5 shots before work though.

Also I think my sister might secretly hate me.

this

potato or fuck right off

honestly, the problem with whiskey is Jack Daniels advertising campaign which somehow convinces people whiskey needs to taste like charcoal. A better cheap alternative is Evan Williams, which tastes like actual whiskey.

There is a pretentiousness to whiskey based on price, rye mash, and state (kentucky, nebraska, Tennessee, whatever) Thing is, Jack Daniels tastes like such shit that they made a fucking law that you can only call burbon burbon if it's made in Kentucky.

I see people who drink Jack and Southern Comfort the same way as those who drink Jagger. It's a macho party thing that has nothing to do with the rich American tradition of a half corn mash aged in white oak.

You don't have to be a macho frat fuck to enjoy whiskey (and s. comfort and Jack ain't real whiskey) and you don't need to shell out for Knob Creek, or be able to taste the difference between 100% rye and burbon, but if you like getting buzzed fast and can appreciate a smoother hard liquor, it's better than tequilla almost every time, clear rum and some vodkas - it has a little more flavor, and I believe you can get used to it faster than even vodka (even though some cheap brands are amazingly smooth)

Whiskey is for people who like to drink. If you occasionally drink, why not go for something rich and expensive? Almost all hard liquors taste amazing at the expensive range (aged tequila, whiskey, vodka, gin, rum) and if you're mixing drinks just grab a bunch of bottom shelf basics the whole idea is to disguise the cheap shitty taste.

If you can't be bothered to care about mixed drinks, if you like flavor, if you want to get tipsy with a single shot, whiskey is my go to.

So is gin, but you gotta go out of your way to find one that doesn't taste like pine sol.

Dude,. it is fucking vodka. All vodka is nearly the same. hell even bottom shelf vodka run through a britta 3 or 4 times tastes the same as top shelf.

The only difference in vodka is the bottle.

So ya, Dan Aykroyd's vodka is pretty good because you get a cool skull bottle.

Vodka tastes like pure alcohol and water solution (because it is). Rum and whiskey are sickeningly sweet. The mere scent of gin induces vomiting.

>no k1

>they made a fucking law that you can only call burbon burbon if it's made in Kentucky.
That's not true.

also, a descent alternative to whiskey is a fortified wine like brandy - your go-to introduction to alcohol recommended. You start with this and you usually end with this in your old age, drinking Sherry with your missus or hubby in your old age.

Wine is fine, but even more pretentious (unless it's a white) and the content isn't that much better than beer, and personally, if you gunna drink, might as well feel it. If you're thin and petite, though.

What's the best sipping alcohol for getting their slow and staying there? Saki. The best fucking drink there is.

He said Belvedere and Grey Goose. That ain't frat party vodka. That shit is poser tier vodka. It is the stuff you order your martinis as when you are trying to impress someone at the bar.

That being said, I only use vodka for my bloody mary mix, so I got sriracha vodka for that stuff.

>2016
>not drinking bleach

>if you want to get tipsy with a single shot
This is possible?
>but you gotta go out of your way to find one that doesn't taste like pine sol.

Beefeater is sold at most if not all liquor stores.

could someone point out to me what this has to do with Sup Forums and film?

i thought there was something about posting pictures of actors and it should be related to their careers. oh, thats right its not a girl. well, proceed then

is the skull made of glass

I bought a small sample size but never tried it.

Right now I have it packed away for moving.

>faggots arguing over their potato rubbing alcohol versus whiskey
>no one drinking the superior gin
>no one on this weeb site suggesting sake
>no one suggesting a delicious craft beer (actual beer, none of this peach berry faggot shit. A good gose or stout)

Where is your fucking class?

Sounds like Oklahoma. Glad I rarely ever drink.

Fortified wine is wine with brandy added, brandy is not fortified wine.

no it's made of diamond retard

>he didn't just finish the video

What a casual.

So good you will start believing in aliens

I'm honestly debating copping or not

I live in North Carolina, we gotta deal with state run and licensed liquor stores.
Shit is pretty fucking bad, but on the flip side you can go to the county ABC website and look up which store stocks which alcohols and brands. Pretty fucking convenient for finding something specific.

could be plastic or acrillic asshole

what video?

No, they just polished a human skull until it was clear.

Mongolia actually makes the best. Russians buy it from them.

but how did they carve the diamond?

Barley wine, pink gin,
He'll drink anything,
Port, pernod or tequila,
Rum, scotch, vodka on the rocks,
As long as all his troubles disappeared.

>Suggesting everyday wageslave alcohol
>not a decent opium den instead
Ha, should you be the one to judge "class", peasant.

I hate how RLM sets the discussion topics for Sup Forums for several days at a time

>Everclear
>Good
Do you enjoy vomiting right after drinking?

That would be literally retarded, you know nothing about alcohol.

Hey lads where do I get some good mulled wine?

European Christmas markets.

Buy a box of cheap wine and make it, I do it every Christmas.

>not drinking popov straight from its cheap plastic bottle

it's like you people don't even know the rich history of vodka

Spudnigger here, stout is the best and Guinness is good but overrated. I drink Beamish because it's cheap and tastes even better.

I drink gin either near or on the rocks. Beefeater Summer Gin is pretty solid.

What's your recipe, mate?

Another diamond.

Shut up faggot I own you

*puts out cigar on your forehead*

desu i'm happy w/ Stoli senpai

most bars put plastic bottle vodka in expensive brand bottles

For my money, vodka doesn't get much better than Sobieski.

Huh, so I looked it up to see if Aykroyd actually made the vodka or if he just invested in an established distillery and became it's spokesman, and I was actually surprised.

Is Makers Mark a good liquor?

Yup. I can imagine if you don't like to drink often it's not so bad but Prohibition ended 90 years ago. Goddamn. It's no wonder people around here are so fat because all they drink is 3.2% beer.

I had some of their more expensive stuff at my Uncles, was nice.

It's a quality mid-shelf bourbon

That being said I don't think Mike was ACTUALLY drinking Maker's Mark in the WOTW video, it looked too dark to be Maker's Mark.

One of the greatest joys in life is growing out of being picky/pretentious about alcohol.

That moment where you just order what you want to drink without worry about other people giving a shit is so fucking empowering, it's like a new level of growing up.

well its true I don't really drink but id buy it for the bottle if its glass

Yes, giving up the IPA meme was the happiest choice I've ever made

>tfw white russians at 10 AM

Fuck yeah NEET life

Holy shit the amount of autism in this post is incredible

DUDE BOOZE LMAO

Its good but expensive. If you can find it with a pack of two skull shot glasses you should buy it.

I don't do vodka; whiskey or single malt scotch are usual my go to hard alcohols. But I'm a beer guy most of the time.

The few times my family brought me to wineries to test my nose and palet I ended up having a good time, but I rarely dig into my two bottles. Step-dad always taught me to keep a bottle of red and a bottle of white in your apartment at all times though because you never know what she'll prefer.

I recently got out of the all craft beer all the time phase. I still love it but I'm fine with 12 yingalings and one good beer.

I'm fine with my plastic bottle vodka

But I genuinely enjoy craft beers from local breweries more than any other beer. Although that's context sensitive, if I'm gonna play beer pong or spend a night getting hammered with some friends I'll usually pick up a cheap lager like Pabst.

>Stoli

мoй тoвapищ

It's vodka.