Did I like it?

Did I like it?

Not really

No, because you're a pleb.

The hype it got was definitely not warranted. I thought it wasn't funny at all.

It was definitely funny. Uproariously so in parts.

Would that ih twere so simple.

It had no hype friendo. Reception was decidedly mixed, though it will eventually get the recognition it deserves.

Where does a sit amongst the pantheon of Coen bros. films?

Lower middle. It wasn't a bad movie but they've done much, much better

It's one of (if not) the best modern Coen movies.

I agree.

It's in that Hudsucker, Raising Arizona section.

Unfunny drivel, just visuals for people who like 50's shit like mad men

in the fucking garbage with most of the rest of them

?

Really? From what year onwards would you consider modern in terms of the Coens?

I'd consider No Country, Llewyn, Serious Man and True Grit Modern Coen and they're all much better than Hail Caesar.

Not that it's bad but it seems like one of their 'in-between great movies' movies.

KYSPleb
Y
S
P
l
e
b

Yep I'd say that's about right

How do you figure? Inside Llewyn Davis and A Serious Man are two of the best films they've ever done. True Grit was a rare remake that's actually better than the original. Burn After Reading made me laugh a lot more than Hail Caesar.

A lot of great sequences disconnected from each other or from what thin plot there was. It seemed like mostly an excuse to pay tribute to classic Hollywood but without a decent arc to tie it all together, it just feels dissatisfying as a movie.

Not really bad but a mistep for sure.

I dunno, I guess No Country on? They can do serious drama in their sleep, and I think that it has more to say and is more interesting than Burn After Reading. It was a breath of quintessentially Coen fresh air after Llewyn Davis which I think is one of my least favorite from them. It's the comedic yin to A Serious Man's yang, which is probably my other favorite from them recently.

It's about the loose "take what is mine" morality of money/capitalism that has supplanted traditional morals in America

But what's funny is the communists are also deeply incompetent as well. The Coens just hate everyone

>Jonah Hill
>gets his name and picture on the poster
>in the movie he literally appears once for a 5 minute scene

really annoyed me desu why bother giving him top billing

To be fair, everyone hates Communists

To get the Apatow crowd I guess

Yes this is weird. Surely Alden or Tilda should have got that spot? I guess the marketing department trying to broaden the appeal.

Who gives a fuck you rubes.

Why do the Coens only call Clooney for their goofy as fuck comedies? Do you think he asks himself why the phone never rings for stuff like No Country or Llewyn Davis or Fargo?

Because he's not a good actor

Do you think he knows?

Jonah Hill is basically not in it then? Downloading right now.

>jonah hill on the poster
>was in for like 3 minutes as a side roll

Becuase Clooney has decent comedic timing and is perfect for self-absorbed smug resting asshole face man. Literally ideal.

Of course not.

And that's a bad thing because?

>Of course not.
I thought Clooney had enough self-awareness, I was wrong I guess

>was in for like 3 minutes as a side roll

>This guy didn't get soup or salad

I wouldn't know, never seen the man outside coen movies and that one cheesy vampire flick

They trick clooney and tell him he's being an ironic smug dumb actor when he's actually being one, its much like shitposting on Sup Forums

>never seen [Clooney] outside coen movies and that one cheesy vampire flick

Did you just recently arrive on planet Earth?

He exclusively watches kinography.

No, I've done that almost 24 years ago. I quite like it here, possibly atributed to not being americuck.

i felt like this was weaker for the coen bros but after i finished it, i was satisfied with what i got.

Blue ruin is superior coencore

How should I know what your opinion is?

George Clooney almost looks like Laurence Olivier in the poster