ITT: Recast the new ghostbusters movie and give it a new plot

ITT: Recast the new ghostbusters movie and give it a new plot.

Only rules: the four leads are still female and you have to make a good movie.

Let's hear your ideas, Sup Forums

Paul Feig's a fag.

Everyone in the movie is a talking dog.

i would just remove the fart jokes, the stupid yelling shit (the power of patty compels you), improve the shitty action sequences (especially big one at the end) and bam. vaginabuster kino

Fuck your all women rule OP
Terry Crews- the Winston
Charlie Day-the Ray
Steve Carrell- the Egon
Tina Fey-the Janine
Paul Rudd- the Venkman
That's right, 5 Ghostbusters.

It is 2016. Ghostbusters is now a national franchise, with stations set up all over the world. Only it is now run by a soulless corporate dick after he out maneuvered Ray and Winston, the only two surviving original Ghostbusters. Egon and Peter got blown up in a trans-dimensional experiment.

Four young women, desperately trying to figure out what to do with their lives, decide to try and open their own Ghostbusters franchise, as they had looked up to the originals since they were children. One was even saved as a toddler from a demonic entity by the original team. But of course, since this is Corporate Dick's Ghostbusters, they have no way of buying into a franchise.

Ray begins monitoring supernatural activity with the help of Winston without the aid of Ghostbusters and discovers that the company's shoddy methods are actually tearing holes in reality, letting even more ghosts in and thus increasing the company's profits. What was once an indispensable defense science now threatens to be the harbinger of destruction. Ray meets up with the girls by accident and, impressed by their eagerness and reminded of himself when he was younger, helps them finance their franchise. Getting into the Ghostbusters corporation allows them to infiltrate the company and figure out how to stop Corporate Dick from the inside out.

Something something Corporate Dick was being somewhat influenced by a being of some relation to Gozer that was really pissed off by the Destructor's defeat and cue Lovecraftian deity fucking the world up and only the plucky young lady Ghostbusters team has the right stuff to save the day the end. Also, Venkman appears towards the end and helps out by leading good spirits into the battle, saying that Egon's helping out from the other side.

I just pulled that right out of my ass with no thought and its already more workable than the shit that was greenlit. Five minutes of work. It couldn't be that hard to actually do some type of sequel, could it?

>Only rules: the four leads are still female and you have to make a good movie.

I'd keep Wiig & McKinnon. They look right for a Ghostbusters movie. Swap in Rashida Jones for Leslie Jones and Constance Wu for Melissa McCarthy.

The right way to go about it is obviously to make it a proper sequel to Ghosbusters 2 and not try to constantly antagonize the existing fans. With Venkman & Stanz approaching retirement and Spengler having passed on, they've hired a new generation of Ghostbusters to keep the Five Boroughs safe from the paranormal.

It's 2016. The Ghostbusters are long gone, having dissolved after saving NYC on New Years Eve in 1989. Ghosts still haunt NYC here and there, but barely enough that it's a big deal.

Dana and Peter got married, but separated two decades later, Peter still being a TV host as he was in the second film. Ray still owns his bookstore. Winston is now a city official. Egon has died, but has a daughter.

This movie focuses on Egon's daughter and three other female leads, while also focusing on Oscar, who is revealed to be Peter Venkman and Dana's son. Oscar is practically a carbon copy of Peter. The movie will focus on the new ghostbusters taking on Gozer's superior, who returns to NYC to wreak a bigger threat after three decades, also showing a passing of the torch from the old ghostbusters to the new. Also Oscar becomes a ghostbuster like his dad.

>Egon's daughter - Emma Stone
>Rest of the lineup - Amanda Seyfried, MEW, Sasheer Zamata
>Oscar - Taron Edgerton
>Villain - Stephen Dorff

Movie starts with Bill Murray dying in a dream to Gozer. Follows the cop daughter of Ray after the ghost stuff has been changed in the public eye as a alien invasion (mostly to make Ray seem crazy and also to poke fun at superhero movies).

Our four main heroes are a magician who likes to be called a "wizard" whose scummy and consistently trying to weasel her way out of situations. She is basically obsessed with the old busters and thinks somethings bad is happening to them. Rays cop daughter who brings the magician in because she's strictly a bad person. She basically tossed away any goals of being a scientist because her father wouldn't shut up about ghosts being real. She's in her forties and looks it. I don't care about the rest of the cast but if I had to think of something off the top of my head id say someone related to Murray whose really smart trying to get out of his shadow (specifically cause his shadow makes everyone look like a fraud and con artist) and a good friend of that character.

It would revolve around the Demi-God kids of Gozer exacting revenge on the old busters and also trying to bring her back. due to the apocalyptic problem with bringing a dead God back to life it's bringing a shitton of dead back and nobody knows how to deal with it cause everyone denies that they're ghosts.

This team kinda acts under the radar, less public and more "we are actually doing illegal things with illegal items and also the media refuses to grasp the fact that these things are ghosts and real"

Paul Rudd - Venkman
Dave Chappelle - Winston
Chris Pratt - Ray
Ryan Gosling - Egon

I'm not bothered enough to come up with a plot, but here's my cast.

Brilliant

Not bad

As multiple posts that have already been made here showed, most of us have no problem with an all-woman main cast. All they had to do was to keep the original films canon, and have the new team earn their stripes and earn the respect of the surviving founders of the franchise.

The most annoyed thing I have against the publicity of the new film, is the repeated insistance that the old films were bad and that we should feel bad for liking it. Instead of building the new film on the foundation of the old one, Sony decided to mock the legacy of the old films instead.

Of course the old cast couldn't be brought back unchanged. People have died and the survivors are too old. But had they at least try to respect the legacy of those who came before, I would have been willing to put my money down for a ticket,

As it stands right now, I couldn't do it. Not like this.

Thank God you aren't in casting

Haven't heard yours faggot. Oh let me guess, Jonah Hill? Seth Rogen? Fuck off

She is having a breakdown on Twitter right now. Go go go go go

Fuck your rules.

I'd continue where the game left off.

Ghostbusters International.

Did somebody gain access to her account? This is fucking gold.

10/10

Charlie Day-the Egon
Kaitlin Olson-The ray
Terry Crews-Winston's son, like Venkman, a dr who uses every chance he gets to womanize and is a good business man
-(Open spot) , one of Day's students who has more to do with the recent paranormal activity

The three initial leads are fans and like pupils of the og ghostbusters, day and olson both are legit scientists that after the events of new york have been working in the paranormal as their passion while keeping to their normal college work to sustain themselves, crews is part of the same faculty but like his father takes the paranormal as just as an everyday, but for him is a way to make money in the paranormal world as being the son of one of the ghostbusters but once again the ghostbusters have gone from the mainstream mind.

Whilst an experiment one of the alumni
also passionate with the paranormal inadvertently makes another student into a sort of antenna to the other side, the ghost dimension and worse is that something or someone contacts them and speaks to them. Just as the experiment is crashing on them waves of energy shoot throughout the city rousing the dead and ramping up all paranormal activity

Cue them being fired from the college because they are a bad influence in the students(as the students were hurt and campus property was destroyed), they then decide like the original team they should start their own business and focus on what they have working with such passion, ghosts

From then on is just them catching ghosts and discovering what exactly contacted the student all ending in them actually going to the ghost dimension to cut the link to stop the ghosts from pouring in as well as discovering more of the bigger bosses of the ghost dimension

I'm surprised they weren't included on your Leddit tier list already

No you idiot
somebody either used a fake tweet program or shooped it

How are you just as dumb as she is?

I don't use twitter at all; don't even have an account. I don't know how that shit works. I always assumed shit like @Lesdoggg was the actual username.

You know Jones you could just....NOT log on to twitter or respond. Just a wild idea

This is a platinum mine

Nope, just a 48 year old gorilla learning how to use the internet in real time.

Which one of you boys did this?

S'alright, but that seems like an enormous amount of set up with little room for busting.

I remember when Jones said she wanted to play a Marvel villain. Someone should tell her Gorilla Grodd is DC

18 YEARS AFTER GHOSTBUSTERS 2016

A boy falls in love with a ghost.
Unable to confess, he is gifted with by Erin Gilbert, his mother, with the ghost's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.
But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day’s confessions to the ghost, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the ghost he called is not the same ghost he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn’t exist in this universe at all. She is the ghost's alternate universe human counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC’s own AU ghost, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.
Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal with to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, BUSTING ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

How out of touch can you possibly get?

Can somebody fucking make a visual novel out of this shit, please? I'm tired of seeing a plot synopsis and nothing else.

How butthurt is this mod that xe keeps deleting the leslie jones twitter threads?

Dan Schneider is the only Ghostbuster. The movie is 90 minutes of Dan wheezing as he plows James Rolfe's wife. The end.

10/10 would watch

This shit is making me laugh a lot, but honestly, what is the point of doing this?

>gets complimented for making a comeback at a naysayer
>attacks the complimenter, and accuses him of racism via ignorance

I fucking hate these people.

I decided to challenge myself and do an all female reboot anyway.

We can keep Wiig, McKinnon, and McCarthy, but we replace Leslie Jones with Aisha Tyler. Replace secretary with aloof, uncaring, and rude temp played by Emma Roberts.

Movie begins with McKinnon giving a lecture about plasmas, and showing off some experimenting she had been doing with introducing bioelectricity in large amounts to various liquids in order to see what qualities would change - and reveals (like the slime in the first movie) that there is minute evidence that emotions can affect how the bioelecricity affects the state of the plasma.

McCarthy and Tyler are in the back of the lecture hall, and introduce themselves at the end. They say they're a big fan of her work, but are really only interested in trying to talk paranormal with her, which McKinnon will not have. They leave her a card, which says "Ghostbusters: We're ready to believe you". McKinnon laughs, saying how she'll break that out at her next book club, and puts it in her purse.

Fast forward a few months later, a video goes viral all over the internet - McCarthy and Tyler encounter a full-formed floating apparition (Slimer), which "attacks" them by covering them in gunk. She recognizes the "gunk", though, as a plasma that has been altered by bioelectricity - something that could not possibly happen without laboratory tampering. McKinnon, catching it on Good Morning America or Ellen or whatever, heads over to the Ghostbusters location to see the plasma for herself. Upon validation, she realizes that, in fact, there may be some validity to her theory after all - and it manifests itself in the form of a ghostly apparition.

McKinnon calls on one of her brightest students (Wiig, though she may be too old) to assist her in manufacturing a way to contain this plasma, and once done, the four return to the location where they first met Slimer and catch him. Viral, money, end of world, done.

>We can keep Wiig, McKinnon, and McCarthy

Thank God you brought that up first. I stopped reading there.

Nothing wrong with the actress cast, everything wrong with ghostbusters 2016 was behind the camera... script, directing, trailer and marketing, etc

How is that any different from the movie that got made?

that raid was cringey, but some of it was funny

racist assholes just being assholes.

Seriously, she wasn't bad in the movie

Much better. It's somewhat topical, adheres to the liberal ideals, and allows the 4 wimmin cast to feel like a natural step.

Aubrey plaza instead of mccarthy. That girl who voiced vanellope to replace leslie jones. Add in a normal black actress for a fifth.

Remove most of the jokes. Tell it as pure action with comedy secondary - the first ghostbusters movie was more action to me. Have chris act like an out of work aussie as opposed to a dunce.

Also: make them ACTUAL inheritors of the title. Have venkman and co explain egon is dead and they are too old.

Just dicks being dicks, I feel kinda sad for her.

kek

I like this. It would have worked the way Jurassic World worked.

Have it named Ghostbusters Inc.

Me too. She's just an actor. Attack Paul Feig if you want to go after someone because of the movie

All the females are attractive and wear whorish ghostbuster's attire. They don't actually catch ghosts, that is just a front for their underground prostitution ring, the whole movie is them faking ghosts with holographic technology and putting up a show for the people while behind the scenes they are whoring out women of questionable age to wealthy old white men.

The "ghost"busters have to teach the new "merchandise" how to pleasure their masters properly using strapons and their tongues. Making sure they have they have the correct rhythm and make the correct sounds. They leave the virgins intact since they are more valuable that way, but the "used" women they loosen up even more through a series of ever increasing in diameter proton pack nozzles.

This will be a dark comedy, coming from the juxtaposition of these seemingly brave and noble women on the surface doing the most horrible (yet sexy) stuff behind the scenes. The ending I had in mind is that one of the wealthy patrons outs them because they mistakingly send him a post op m-f tranny with a convincing twat but no periods to show for it. Once outed the new ghostbusters find themselves publicly disgraced and have warrants out for their arrest. The ending I had in mind was them all being strapped feet towards the center to a giant game show wheel. The host spins it while the wealthy patrons throw javelins at them for points

Here
we
go.

backstory:
Ghost busters 1 and 2 happened. But was basically hijacked by the government due to how insanely dangerous the technology seemed to be. The government years ago had ghost busters all over the U.S. but after declining ghost activity the public started considering it to be a waste of tax payer money and abandoned it.

The cast are all the daughters of the original crew. Egon Spenglers daughter discovers that while ghost activity has completely fallen off of the map the psychic energy associated with ghosts is actually off the fucking charts and is increasing exponentially. She tries to warn city officials and they brush off the idea. They believe that too much of the nations resources were wasted for too many years on something that hasn't been an issue for 30 years. Being a socially awkward loner that only ever really felt a connection to her dad (who has passed away years ago) she decides to reach out to the other crew members out of frustration. They want to help but they say they are too old to get back into the swing of things but give her the contact information of their daughters which have mixed feelings. One daughter always wanted to be a ghost buster like her old man but never got to because of the government shutting down the program. Venkmans daughter never particularly liked the idea of being a ghost buster herself but sees this as a golden opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a very profitable business venture after he father convinces her that the psychic energy means something big is going down.

The new crew starts to secretly investigate the psychic energy further and while they find nothing at first after a freak accident with a new gadget Spenglers daughter created to fiddle with the psychic energy a wild ghost appears out of seemingly nowhere. The ghost busters give chase only to be lead to the shoreline of the ocean.

The ghosts have been drawn to something on the bottom of the oceans floor for the last 30 years. Due to a malfunction the object housing a powerful consciousness is released and the mountain of ghosts starts moving towards new york. The ghost busters warns the city and there's skepticism but ultimately they come around. A ton of fucking rookies that never got to ghost bust and old timers past their prime are called back into emergency action and get suited up with the old gear.

But the combination between the old gear malfunctioning/the insane amount of ghosts/the ineptitude of the ghost buster "army" is making it a losing battle. The ghost busters would help but they realize that the real threat has to be the thing that drew that many ghosts to it in the first place.

I'm not sure about what i'd do after this point but the climax of the film would involve the old ghost busters gang showing up and lend a helping hand.

Just shoot the Max Landis pitch.